Scar tissue

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.02%

Scar tissue

I'm looking to get rid of some scar tissue I have so I was going to go out and get a foam roller..also I heard vibration helps with scar tissue so I was gonna get one of those little massagers.my question is,which should I apply first??the massager then the foam roller or vice versa?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

This is a question for KimChee. Hopefully he will chime in...
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.07%

The order is not crucial. Compliance is the crux of success for these measures; be consistent and disciplined over the long road. Worry not over minute details like massage or rolling first.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree with ^ this. I know ART certainly breaks up or separates the micro lesions etc. that apparently build up with some muscle fiber trauma, and stretching afterwards is also something that might help.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.34%

Where is the scar tissue, how big, how recently was this? Is there still a blood supply? Those rollers are pretty good we use Astym tools in therapy, to help break down the adhesions to any bone and break up that scar tissue, and even before all these Astym tools came out we did cross friction massage, also pushing down into the scar to break up the scar tissue, we also strecth the scar apart gently..mechanically, with these tools you can do the same thing or even better....sorry don't know the details and Im rushing but if its a keloid or hypertrophic scar compression garments 20-30mm to control the size of it, your provider should have told you about that if needed.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.07%

What exactly are Astym tools? I googled the term and found a website with some videos, it appeared to be a form of massage yes? Is there any specific technique associated with it or somthing that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    Where is the scar tissue, how big, how recently was this? Is there still a blood supply? Those rollers are pretty good we use Astym tools in therapy, to help break down the adhesions to any bone and break up that scar tissue, and even before all these Astym tools came out we did cross friction massage, also pushing down into the scar to break up the scar tissue, we also strecth the scar apart gently..mechanically, with these tools you can do the same thing or even better....sorry don't know the details and Im rushing but if its a keloid or hypertrophic scar compression garments 20-30mm to control the size of it, your provider should have told you about that if needed.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.02%

The scar tissue is on the outer pec where it meets the anterior delt..I think it's keeping my entire pectoral from contracting properly..I feel all kinds of lumps in it and when I try to use my pec, it works up until that point then starts to feel uncomfortable

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
  2. Scar tissue or hernia
    By pavb10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
  3. Scar tissue??
    By tommyboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 12:28 AM
  4. Topical tamoxifen to prevent excessive scar tissue