thick quads, pointy knees

Silvercrank

Awards
Hey it seems my upper quads are looking big and thick and when im sitting down in the car or on the bus, my knees look super pointy. With my friend sitting next to me my upper quads are thicker than his but moving closer to the knees, his are thicker. My knees just look like there poking out, there doesn't seem to be much muscle in that area. I know knees are a bone and not a muscle but they shouldnt be pointy like that if there is muscle mass surrounding them. How can i build up more muscle there? It's the tear drop area im lacking in, right above the knee making my legs look skinny above the knee.
Am i just lacking overall mass? I see fat ppl sitting down and there knees area look very thick.

thanks for help

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're 6'1" and I bet you are taller than your buddy with fatter knees!? Either that or your buddy is thicker boned.
Another thing is that your tendons may have a longer attachment neck (so to speak) and the muscle belly is shorter, which is pretty much genetic.
I am sure there will be a few people that will tell you to do this exercises or that. But honestly, squats and leg presses are going to pretty much give you your basic leg/quad shape.
Look at the bright side, if you would do a contest, the legs are never judged with you sitting down and if you do strength sports, a lot of guys with long tendon attachments are very strong with certain leverages.
Look at yourself more as an individual and look on your strengths, lots of guys would love to be 6'1" and #230 ya know ;-)

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Leg extensions. Lower weight and higher reps.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't even worry about that. To me, worrying pointy knees is ridiculous. Hit up some DB/BB lunges, split squats, front squats ect

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit up some DB/BB lunges, split squats, front squats ect
I second these suggestions. These should do the trick. I also do step-ups at various heights.