advice on a new program please

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

advice on a new program please

I hurt my rotator cuff really bad a few months ago and I cant do any push movements except squats. I can basically only do squats, deadlifts, curls, pull ups, and pendlay rows. Can anyone give me a program I can do that only uses these movements, with sets and reps please? Ive been lifting for a little over a year, but I havent been lifting since my injury. I lost alot of strength and size and I want to build back up.

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin5150
    I hurt my rotator cuff really bad a few months ago and I cant do any push movements except squats. I can basically only do squats, deadlifts, curls, pull ups, and pendlay rows. Can anyone give me a program I can do that only uses these movements, with sets and reps please? Ive been lifting for a little over a year, but I havent been lifting since my injury. I lost alot of strength and size and I want to build back up.

thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
    Why don't you get it fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Ive seen chiropractors and MT/PT. They both say there is nothing I can do except let it heal. Its hurt bad though, I cant lift my arm past parallel to the floor. Im gonna go in to the doctor for an x-ray to see if I need surgery. Its been depressing but I need to start lifting again, doing whatever I can.

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Why don't you get it fixed?

Second this, and what was the diagnosis as "hurt your rotator cuff really bad" means nothing.

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin5150 View Post
    Ive seen chiropractors and MT/PT. They both say there is nothing I can do except let it heal. Its hurt bad though, I cant lift my arm past parallel to the floor. Im gonna go in to the doctor for an x-ray to see if I need surgery. Its been depressing but I need to start lifting again, doing whatever I can.
    Nothing you can do? I HIGHLY doubt that. Depending on the MOI, actual diagnosis, almost guaranteed postural deviations, lack of corrective exercise, ADLs, programming, etc. there is most definitely a wide array of rehabilitation and continuing pre-hab work you can do. My suggestion is to never see the MD or PT, that told you "theres is nothing you can do," again and look into a more qualified practitioner.

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I dont know what you mean by "get it fixed". Ive seen professionals who say there isnt any thing I can do except give it time to heal. Maybe Im not seeing the right kind of doctor, I dont know. Do you mean surgery? The MT said it is my bicep tendon and a couple others that run from the front of my shoulder down the back of my shoulder. I cant remember the name of them though. Im working on trying to get it healed, I just want some advice on what kind of program I can do in the meantime.

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NYiron View Post
    Nothing you can do? I HIGHLY doubt that. Depending on the MOI, actual diagnosis, almost guaranteed postural deviations, lack of corrective exercise, ADLs, programming, etc. there is most definitely a wide array of rehabilitation and continuing pre-hab work you can do. My suggestion is to never see the MD or PT, that told you "theres is nothing you can do," again and look into a more qualified practitioner.

What kind of practitoiner? The MT said I tore my bicep tendon and a couple other tendons that run from the front of my shoulder down the back to my lats. I cant remember what they're called though. I dont know what is meant by "get it fixed"...by who?

8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin5150

What kind of practitoiner? The MT said I tore my bicep tendon and a couple other tendons that run from the front of my shoulder down the back to my lats. I cant remember what they're called though. I dont know what is meant by "get it fixed"...by who?
    If you have a diagnosis by MRI of a torn bicep tendon, go see a f'ing ortho surgeon for gods sake. He/she will 'fix it.'

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice on my cutting cycle please
    By LiamB in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
  2. advice on a new routine for summer
    By Brolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
  3. Advice on my next cycle please