AM Fasted Cardio
- 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM
AM Fasted Cardio
What's your guys opinion on fasted AM cardio? Now I know that your body will be low on glycogen from the time when you were asleep. So if I'm doing 30 to 45 minutes of cardio in the AM will my first meal that I eat including carbs stop my fat burning and reroute the fatty acids released during the cardio back into fat cells making the only real fat burned during the cardio and not after because of my first meal?
- 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
- 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Right after my run, but even with slow digesting carbs does it completely stop fat burning?
02-22-2013, 01:44 PM
02-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Yea BCAA's and or some whey, I agree... But I was just wondering if the carbs in my meal instantly stop fat burning to...
02-23-2013, 03:26 PM
You will be low on LIVER glycogen, but not muscle glycogen assuming you are consuming a eucaloric or hypercaloric diet that contains carbohydrates. Your results will depend on the intensity of the cardio. Low intensity you might get some increased GNG to maintain blood sugar levels. If you are training higher intensity, your work output will be reduced and thus adaptations will be less (i.e.: reduced results).
02-23-2013, 04:52 PM
GNG being gluconegenisis correct? And thank you for the info guys.
02-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By EasyEJL in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
- By C0rk in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:46 PM
- By ItsHectic in forum Weight LossReplies: 24Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
- By ItsHectic in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
- By bpmartyr in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM