Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.78%

Crossfitters??

Any crossfitters?? I'm goin to give crossfit a try and was wondering if anyone had any good workouts for me? And also when a routine for example tells u deadlifts( 1.5 body weight) does that men 1.5 x your body or what? That seems a bit much for a circuit? Help and advice please

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Download iwodfitness app and icross wod app. Gives you different wods everyday and you can scroll through library's of old workouts. Really helpful and yes 1.5 means 1 and a half but you can scale it back
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.78%

Bout to say damn I been doin BB for years but that seems high for a circuit. Def appreciate the help brother
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I posted in this thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.07%

1.5 body weight deadlift? that sounds like some crossfit ***** **** to me
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%

OP....as a guy who does do CF, you don't wanna have this convo on this forum, not a lot of good opinions about the subject here! Trust me!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    OP....as a guy who does do CF, you don't wanna have this convo on this forum, not a lot of good opinions about the subject here! Trust me!
    i'm not a crossfit supporter in anyway shape or form...can't stand the "clans" of ppl....but who cares if ppl hate on this board, they hate everything that isn't what they are doing...just got to skip over those ppl and read the quality comments
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post

i'm not a crossfit supporter in anyway shape or form...can't stand the "clans" of ppl....but who cares if ppl hate on this board, they hate everything that isn't what they are doing...just got to skip over those ppl and read the quality comments
    Yeah but if I see someone post about any stupid workout, crossfit or not, I'm not going to hold back my opinion. Im not 'hating',I honestly hope he takes the advice given in that link for his sake, not JUST because I hate crossfit.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.58%

Muahahahahaha

S.hit successfully stirred

11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Yeah but if I see someone post about any stupid workout, crossfit or not, I'm not going to hold back my opinion. Im not 'hating',I honestly hope he takes the advice given in that link for his sake, not JUST because I hate crossfit.
    Why even acknowledge that Sean?

He basically just said that one can't share their opinion on here if they have a differing opinion than him (and whomever he deems to be quality posters) or they are just hating.

He is also the poster that said that "everyone on this board should want to look better." Which is cool because apparently there are no other lifters on these boards than those who enjoy bodybuilding.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    i don't like crossfit either and i have my reasons....but what i'm saying is, some ppl seem to go into all crossfit threads and just be like "crossfits sucks" theres just no need for it imo
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Why even acknowledge that Sean?

He basically just said that one can't share their opinion on here if they have a differing opinion than him (and whomever he deems to be quality posters) or they are just hating.

He is also the poster that said that "everyone on this board should want to look better." Which is cool because apparently there are no other lifters on these boards than those who enjoy bodybuilding.
    no i basically just didn't say that
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i don't like crossfit either and i have my reasons....but what i'm saying is, some ppl seem to go into all crossfit threads and just be like "crossfits sucks" theres just no need for it imo
    If that is someone's opinion on crossfit then why is there no need for that persons opinion but there is a need for your opinion?

You are better than everyone else on the board?

Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

If that is someone's opinion on crossfit then why is there no need for that persons opinion but there is a need for your opinion?

You are better than everyone else on the board?
    it's my opinion on crossfit as well, but who am i to go in where theres a discussion about ppl who enjoy it and just be like well it sucks, you guys are idiots for doing it....all i was telling these guys is who cares if ppl don't like crossfit as long as they do enjoy it
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.63%

I understand not being an a$$hole about crossfit. But if someone started a thread saying they want to work out 3x a day 7 days a week am I supposed to let that slide? Maybe it's a new workout trend...I wouldn't want to offend them by saying its a bad idea!.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.66%

Just like there's no need for Crossfit .... Oops sorry to interrupt I stumbled in by accident.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Just like there's no need for Crossfit .... Oops sorry to interrupt I stumbled in by accident.
    reasoning? have you tried it? i haven't so i have no idea if i'd even like it, just don't like the ideas behind it

but ppl get in shape...i had a buddy of mine who played amateur hockey who started crossfit and said it was the best workout he's ever had and said he's never been in such good shape before
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.66%

reasoning?
    Honestly I really don't give a **** what the monkeys do in the monkey zoo. It just irritates me when a bunch of Crossfit douche bags are trying to do that crap in the gym getting in the way.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.58%

21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%

reasoning? have you tried it? i haven't so i have no idea if i'd even like it, just don't like the ideas behind it

but ppl get in shape...i had a buddy of mine who played amateur hockey who started crossfit and said it was the best workout he's ever had and said he's never been in such good shape before
    I have done it (still do sometimes)

The intensity is high (why he would call it the best workout, because its difficult). But the programming is poor, delts are incredibly overworked leading to postural imbalance, and high rep olympic lifts are stupid.

Crossfit = RC issues, knee problems, and the possibility for more.

22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.85%

OP, to answer your question 1.5 x bodyweight seems excessive. Heck, even 1x bodyweight combined with the other high intensity exercises (running in between) can pose a big risk, especially if you don't have a bit of dead lift experience under your belt. I don't do cross fit type classes or training but would suggest starting much lighter. You don't want to dead lift so fatigued that you get injured.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.63%

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

I made it a point to squat in front of the WOD board today
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.63%

And I don't hate on people for doing crossfit. It's better than sitting on the couch and they are attempting to better their lives. Props to them. I just think there are better, safer, ways
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

I have done it (still do sometimes)

The intensity is high (why he would call it the best workout, because its difficult). But the programming is poor, delts are incredibly overworked leading to postural imbalance, and high rep olympic lifts are stupid.

Crossfit = RC issues, knee problems, and the possibility for more.

i agree and those are reasons why i don't suggest it or do it myself

but hey, if ppl have fun doing it and get the results they desire, then good for them....they could always be at home eating roman noodles doing nothing
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.66%

One of my friends runs a Crossfit place out here. He's big into it and in great shape but I don't see the attraction. If I wanna lift weights I lift weights , if I wanna do cardio I run, if I wanna run an obstacle course ill do that , or ride a bike etc. I like the basics and fads bore me.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.07%

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    One of my friends runs a Crossfit place out here. He's big into it and in great shape but I don't see the attraction. If I wanna lift weights I lift weights , if I wanna do cardio I run, if I wanna run an obstacle course ill do that , or ride a bike etc. I like the basics and fads bore me.
    + crossfit is fukin ghey. srsly, go tell a begginer to do kipping pullups. then tell him to say hi to his new slap tear
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%

I've been doing Crossfit since 2006. Off and on, as I tend to get a little board after awhile of anything, but pretty regularly none the less. I have never had an injury related to Crossfit. I do scale as needed, and took the time to be taught and become fairly proficeint at the various lifts. Ok Ok, so I'm still working ont he snatch and over head squat lol. I have no issues with it as long as there is good coaching. For me, I can say that it ws instrumental for me physically for my career and making it through 18 months of grueling training and to continue to be mission ready.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    + crossfit is fukin ghey. srsly, go tell a begginer to do kipping pullups. then tell him to say hi to his new slap tear
    I like kipping pull ups, and do them, but I agree a begginer shouldn't do them until they are proficient at dead hangs. There does need to be a level of strength and skill attained. I don't look at kipping pull ups as cheating. i look at them as a similar, but different exercise. Much in the likes of how the push press and shoulder press are similar, but different exercises.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.24%

It's on of those things where people do what they like. Crossfit gyms have that competitive atmosphere people like that, and getting people to do Olympic lifts instead of curling in the squat rack is a good thing.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.58%

Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1
    getting people to do Olympic lifts instead of curling in the squat rack is a good thing.
    Meh, not so much. Getting people who are fatigued to do high rep oly lifts with crappy form is never a good thing...unless you're an ortho surgeon...

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.07%

lol define good. one is annoying to watch, but mostly harmless. the other is fun to watch cuz the newbs end up fukin their shyt up
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.24%

Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.58%

Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1
    Well there's training couches in place to correct ill form or teach it in the first place as well as possible weight adjustment to keep for practical and ultimately personal safety is of the individuals personal concern, nothing wrong with inventing something new at one point the only way to get big was to just eat chicken breast and broccoli
    You're assuming the coaches know what correct form is. I don't think I'd make that assumption...

35. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.24%

I respect you bro.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.72%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1 View Post
    If the coach is endorsing using high-rep Oly lifts, then he/she does not deserve that distinction. Just as you cannot sprint a mile, you cannot perform lifts based upon power and technique while fatigued.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post

You're assuming the coaches know what correct form is. I don't think I'd make that assumption...

He's also assuming that everyone who does crossfit does it in a crossfit gym with "coaches"

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.24%

To each there own gentlemen, it works for people as well as conventional training and risk and reward should be assessed for each individual
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.66%

Didn't the marines get rid of kipping in PT because of the related shoulder injuries?
  40. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.31%

Quote Originally Posted by jackedandtan1 View Post
    To each there own gentlemen, it works for people as well as conventional training and risk and reward should be assessed for each individual
    I agree, the only problem is that most people don't know the risks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PES stack - crossfitter
    By dustin12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 10:31 PM
  2. any crossfitters? I have questions
    By Santee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. CROSSFITTERS??
    By JEG2507 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32