Texting while leg pressing.....REALLY????

  1. New Member
    tank316's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    5230
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

    Texting while leg pressing.....REALLY????


    Today was one of those days in the gym...I couldnt believe my eyes..The guy was texting while leg pressing...WTF, Dude, get off the machine!!!!
    And he did it while doing hyper extensions, then back to the leg press.
    I'm just old school I guess, I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and with proper form.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP




  2. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    188240
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

    Hilarious. "What's up dude"

    "Nothing, you"?"

    "I'm leg pressing, brb".


    I will admit I like watching tv though, as a distraction.
  3. New Member
    PROness's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    1916
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    67.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    Today was one of those days in the gym...I couldnt believe my eyes..The guy was texting while leg pressing...WTF, Dude, get off the machine!!!!
    And he did it while doing hyper extensions, then back to the leg press.
    I'm just old school I guess, I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and with proper form.
    Haha, yeah that's a new one to add to the list.

    If I ever texted while leg pressing I would probably crush my ribs and tear my ACL.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    tank316's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    5230
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

    Day 2....LMAO!!! On the treadmill, same guy, texting.....trying to run. I'm keeping my cell phone with me Thurs, I will try to video. I'm not being mean, I give anybody credit for being in the gym working out. But, there's a time and place for phone calls/texting. I leave my phone in the gym bag, check it between sets.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP



  5. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,348
    Rep Power
    10742663
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    41.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I received an email from a client you might like;

    "I was at the gym this morning and saw a large gentleman sitting on a reclining cycle, peddling very gently. During this exercise regime he was alternately reaching for a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar, a 'grab size' packet of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps and a large bottle of Coca Cola. This exercise programme obviously works, as he was able to also balance his iPad on his stomach during all of this :-)"
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. New Member
    tank316's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    5230
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I received an email from a client you might like;

    "I was at the gym this morning and saw a large gentleman sitting on a reclining cycle, peddling very gently. During this exercise regime he was alternately reaching for a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar, a 'grab size' packet of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps and a large bottle of Coca Cola. This exercise programme obviously works, as he was able to also balance his iPad on his stomach during all of this :-)"
    Thats crazy, last wk at another gym I saw a guy with a 32 oz coke also...I just dont get it!!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP



  7. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,439
    Rep Power
    1255131
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    39.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    amazing what you see in the gym...when i started working out i told myself i'd leave my phone in the car since i still use an old school i pod for my music....only days i bring my phone in the gym is cardio day since i listen to rogan podcast on it or if i know i may be getting an important call
  8. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460195
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    19.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Fat girl next to me on the eliptical machine during my warm up the other day texting the whole time and would take two steps on the machine then let the momentum carry her fat ass thru another rotation or two then repeat. She continued this same annoying routine the whole time while on the machine. It looked like she was skipping on an elipitical machine.I wanted to say , hey you know you're never gonna be not fat doing it like that. And add that she shouldn't where short shorts to the gym untill she loses about 80lbs at least cus nobody wants to see her flushed out cottage cheese thighs.
  9. New Member
    Rush954's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    97946
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    77.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Fat girl next to me on the eliptical machine during my warm up the other day texting the whole time and would take two steps on the machine then let the momentum carry her fat ass thru another rotation or two then repeat. She continued this same annoying routine the whole time while on the machine. It looked like she was skipping on an elipitical machine.I wanted to say , hey you know you're never gonna be not fat doing it like that. And add that she shouldn't where short shorts to the gym untill she loses about 80lbs at least cus nobody wants to see her flushed out cottage cheese thighs.
    Seems like my gym. Lmaoo
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/232784-rushing-into-my.html

    Competition bound 2014
  10. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,232
    Rep Power
    106252
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    52.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    seems like most gyms. its why i have my own gym and only head out to go either small private gyms or specialty gyms.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  11. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    188240
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

    So this story sounds ridiculous every time I tell it but it's true. It involves a damaged penis.

    Where I went to school, if you earned a spot on a 7th grade athletics team (the year school sanctioned sports began) you were pulled from standard P.E. class to a conditioning class where we did weight training three days per week and cardio drills 2.

    Anyways, the equipment was pretty standard, old school stuff. A squat rack, some benches, a section for DL's et cetera.

    The plate trees were shaped like a pyramid, the small weights fit around the sides and the top was flat with a peg for 45s.

    This design was a horrible idea for kids new to weight training, pulling from and returning the 45's to the top of the tree was a workout in and of itself.

    One kid in particular struggled quite a bit but always muscled the plates around, most likely as a point of pride. He was skinny even for a seventh grader, underdeveloped, a late bloomer. We'll call him Jesse.

    Anyways, we wore those old Champion style shorts, loose fitting, kinda short. On this particular day Jesse must've been wearing boxers because while he was on his tip toes, leaning/falling forward to drop the 45 down on the peg, it slammed hard but had kind of muted sound coupled with a sharp squeal.

    Everyone turned at once and he was kind of slumped over but still standing, his penis pinned between a plate and the platform they rest on. People nearby rushed to lift it and he fell on the ground, out cold.

    Coach grabbed a wheel chair from his office and wheeled Jesse to the nurse, rumor had it an ambulance picked him up. He showed up in school about two weeks later, no longer interested in sports and became a very withdrawn, shy kid.

    His family moved a couple years later, no idea if he had any lasting damage.


    Moral: Don't be too proud to ask for help.
  12. New Member
    tank316's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    5230
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

    I have to share this as well.....Same texting guy...This morning he must have left his cell phone at home, but he had his Kindle with instead. Trashed it!!!!!! Treadmills are not safe, WE CAN ALL AGREE correct?? too much pounding makes a treadmill shake...
    end of story
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP



  13. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460195
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    19.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    So this story sounds ridiculous every time I tell it but it's true. It involves a damaged penis.

    Where I went to school, if you earned a spot on a 7th grade athletics team (the year school sanctioned sports began) you were pulled from standard P.E. class to a conditioning class where we did weight training three days per week and cardio drills 2.

    Anyways, the equipment was pretty standard, old school stuff. A squat rack, some benches, a section for DL's et cetera.

    The plate trees were shaped like a pyramid, the small weights fit around the sides and the top was flat with a peg for 45s.

    This design was a horrible idea for kids new to weight training, pulling from and returning the 45's to the top of the tree was a workout in and of itself.

    One kid in particular struggled quite a bit but always muscled the plates around, most likely as a point of pride. He was skinny even for a seventh grader, underdeveloped, a late bloomer. We'll call him Jesse.

    Anyways, we wore those old Champion style shorts, loose fitting, kinda short. On this particular day Jesse must've been wearing boxers because while he was on his tip toes, leaning/falling forward to drop the 45 down on the peg, it slammed hard but had kind of muted sound coupled with a sharp squeal.

    Everyone turned at once and he was kind of slumped over but still standing, his penis pinned between a plate and the platform they rest on. People nearby rushed to lift it and he fell on the ground, out cold.

    Coach grabbed a wheel chair from his office and wheeled Jesse to the nurse, rumor had it an ambulance picked him up. He showed up in school about two weeks later, no longer interested in sports and became a very withdrawn, shy kid.

    His family moved a couple years later, no idea if he had any lasting damage.

    Moral: Don't be too proud to ask for help.
    So did your, I'm mean jesses penis ever heal? Lol
  14. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    804
    Rep Power
    188240
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    So did your, I'm mean jesses penis ever heal? Lol
    I have no idea what happened to him. His family moved a few years later. I never knew him well.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Leg Press That Kill and Thrill
    By Phoenix rising in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 08:09 PM
  2. Cybex Leg Press vs Squat
    By Chemist63 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 06:01 PM
  3. abdominal pressure on leg press?
    By Dan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
  4. Am I using too much weight on 45 degree leg presses?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 11:37 AM
  5. Light squat or heavy leg press???
    By lvtrojan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in