Off weeks - AnabolicMinds.com

Off weeks

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Off weeks

Just curious as to how many people schedule a week off from the gym every so often just to give the body a rest. How often do most folks do this. I like to take one off every 8-12 weeks.

2. New Member
    Answers

Everyone is different. I run usually 3-4 months and take a week off. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Technically speaking, if your supps are on point, you wouldn't have to but I feel it gives me a re charge mentally. Just came off taking my 7 days off.... Stuck to my same diet/supplement regimen and when I hit chest yesterday, literally every lift I hit was a PR. More weight and more reps. It's like a job and people/ your body, need a break once in awhile.

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

i use to deload but do take off a whole week every few months
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I don't schedule a week off. I'll schedule deloads but not a full off week. Life will interrupt at some point a few times a year and that will be my off week
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I don't schedule a week off. I'll schedule deloads but not a full off week. Life will interrupt at some point a few times a year and that will be my off week
    x2. Generally the week between Christmas and New Years eve is an off week for me, both training and diet. The week of July 4th too. Some buddies and I make an annual trip and the week is a free for all then too.

I'm usually pretty tight with my schedule other than that. If a given routine calls for a deload I'll do it but typically I have to be sick or have some other circumstance pop up to miss out.

6. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Re: Off weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    x2. Generally the week between Christmas and New Years eve is an off week for me, both training and diet. The week of July 4th too. Some buddies and I make an annual trip and the week is a free for all then too.

I'm usually pretty tight with my schedule other than that. If a given routine calls for a deload I'll do it but typically I have to be sick or have some other circumstance pop up to miss out.
    Agreed on both accounts.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Answers

A week completely off may make it awkward to get back into a routine but I doubt there are any conditioning changes if diet remains stable. Fatigue goes away faster than fitness fades esp. strength. I use de-load weeks, 1 week for an easier training block up to 12 days for a harder block. I'm still in the gym on a simlar schedule but at much less weight and half the sets. I re-start at less that previous loads and build back over about 2 weeks

8. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Its called supercompensation. You provide a stimulus which is exercise, remove the stimulus and next time stimulus is presented you have better adaptation.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013...g-reduces.html

http://www.teamunify.com/cseksc/__do...ensation-2.pdf
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

1 week off every 3months....if i'm in the middle of soemthing, i'll push it to about 5 months, not only is it beneficial to your body and at least for me its better for my focus/motivation

it's also a good time to catch up on things around the house that you've been putting off and things like that

10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I can't remember the last time I had a week off. I've many deloads/underloads in there, but I don't think I've taken a week off since 2010.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Re: Off weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I can't remember the last time I had a week off. I've many deloads/underloads in there, but I don't think I've taken a week off since 2010.
    Im the same way. Even if i go on vacation im still hitting the gym. Ill deload whenever i feel the need but i feel better when im in the gym compared to when i take a week off, unless im hit with the flu or something.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I take a week off when "i"start to feel weaker,more fatigued and lose motovation,try to just delaod but my addiction(self-control)ruins it for me.
    So i train super hard/intense start getting any of symptoms/feelings as above cut cardio,push though alittle more then cut it off.
    I overtrain to much to push to far anymore,plus im getting older and wiser to know when to shut it down before i actually shut down.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine during off week?
    By chedapalooza in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 04:00 PM
  2. Clen off weeks question
    By EArch in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM
  3. Anti cort. during off weeks on epi pulse?
    By Nightwanderer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 03:33 AM
  4. Calories On A Off Week?
    By HITscientist in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:23 AM
  5. you ever take a week off?
    By LakeMountD in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 11:55 PM