How to stay lean with a broken thumb?

  1. How to stay lean with a broken thumb?


    Guys , I've never been so depressed. No lifting for another 3 weeks, it's already been two, for a total of 5 weeks in a cast on my right arm.

    In this new cast its to tight and to far up my arm to use cables like I was doing before so what am I supposed to do?!

    It's fully water proof so I figure swimming would be a good way to keep my upper body from losing to much strength. It ****ing sucks that we work so hard on our bodies and then stupid things like this happen .

    What would you guys do?

    So far I got agility ladders, legs, swimming and pec dec is all. Anything else?


  2. Prowler/sled pushes and pulls...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Prowler/sled pushes and pulls...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Hmm I need to find a sled. What are prowlers?
    •   
       


  4. Google is your friend. Best $270 I've ever spent...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Google is your friend. Best $270 I've ever spent...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Just did. Hmm looks interesting ill read up on it.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Prowler/sled pushes and pulls...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    This.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  7. Re: How to stay lean with a broken thumb?


    Diet

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Diet

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    Oh for sure. I'm gonna keep it at 250g p, 180-200g c, and no more than 70g of fat. Sprints and agility should deplete some extra glycogen so it doesn't turn to fat for storage , hopefully .
  9. Re: How to stay lean with a broken thumb?


    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Oh for sure. I'm gonna keep it at 250g p, 180-200g c, and no more than 70g of fat. Sprints and agility should deplete some extra glycogen so it doesn't turn to fat for storage , hopefully .
    If your laid up and not very active right now then I would cut back on carbs (especially with the protein amount) and raise fat intake.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

    If your laid up and not very active right now then I would cut back on carbs (especially with the protein amount) and raise fat intake.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    Well I do legs and agility /sprints every day so still staying active.
  

  
 

Log in
Log in