Does anyone experience muscle spasms

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
It seems that I've been getting muscle spasms in my mid back after doing deadlifts. It appears as a knot in the muscle an hour or so after working out and then turns into a little sore that kind of resembles acne. I asked my chiropractor and she said it was definitely a muscle spasm.
My concern is that I am injuring myself. Is there anyone who can point me to some information on muscle spasms? For example what causes them? whats happening in the muscle when it does happens? can I still make gains with them?

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
dude, have you ever seen/heard anyone else getting it?
HELL NO
go see a doctor

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Did I not say I talked to my chiropractor about it.

The only thing a doctor can do for me is prescribe me drugs, or worse surgery, and I don't care for the former or the latter.

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
ok 1)Yes you did say you talked to your chiropractor about it BUT I said see your DOCTOR- they're very different in prognosis and evaluation.
b)your doctor will determine if your have a disease or infection or an agrovation- something a chiropractor has never studied or could comprehend.(i.e threw experience and education)

2)A doctor could send you to a specailist or a dermatologist- if he suspects something and will give notes- a chiropractor studies lumbar position and stuff- unless they have seen it before and knew the outcome- tghey would be of little help in this situation, o.k.

3)if your doctor says you need drugs/surgery to fix your disorder- then take it- theres a REASON for it- to help you-

**** you sound like the type of dick who deserves what he gets-close minded idiot.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
It seems that I've been getting muscle spasms in my mid back after doing deadlifts. It appears as a knot in the muscle an hour or so after working out and then turns into a little sore that kind of resembles acne. I asked my chiropractor and she said it was definitely a muscle spasm.
My concern is that I am injuring myself. Is there anyone who can point me to some information on muscle spasms? For example what causes them? whats happening in the muscle when it does happens? can I still make gains with them?
had this problem a few years ago. electro-shock therapy loosened it up. started back over with deadlifts with much better form, haven't had the problem since.

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
if you take beezle's advice, you'll end up like Beezle
remember that

JOKING DUDE...................PUT DOWN THE KNIFE

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
if you take beezle's advice, you'll end up like Beezle
remember that

JOKING DUDE...................PUT DOWN THE KNIFE
may the flying monkeys rain coconuts upon your pitiful city. :hammer:

it's just a little knife.......

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Ok I think I will take a couple weeks away from the deadlifts. I never mentioned that I do deadlift type lifts at work, and I work 12 hour shifts. So perhaps I should turn down the volume of sets of deadlifts instead of doing 6 sets of 10 reps maybe Ill only do 3. Then start out light again and figure out what Im doing wrong. Thanks.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ok I think I will take a couple weeks away from the deadlifts. I never mentioned that I do deadlift type lifts at work, and I work 12 hour shifts. So perhaps I should turn down the volume of sets of deadlifts instead of doing 6 sets of 10 reps maybe Ill only do 3. Then start out light again and figure out what Im doing wrong. Thanks.
Bro I find deadlifts have the best effect when you do them very heavy with low reps. Ill warm up with a 10 rep set, but then its usually 5,3,1 after that. They involve so many muscles, and the lower back takes so long to recover, that I think its better )for me,anyway) to tone down the volume with deads.

Of course, they make for a great powerlifting/cardio type exercise when you're blasting sets of 10-12.

Also,yes, take a good look at your form - its definately a tricky one to get right.

BV

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
I got exactly those symptoms, when I dieted down to 150, losing 30 pounds in three months. This was after I was diagnoes with diabetes and before I started lifting. I was only doing cardio , and eating about 1500 calories a day.

what happened was I got dehydated. The spasms always occurred right in the middle of my back. Once I regained some weight it went away and never came back.