1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

POWER-REP RANGE-SHOCK USERS...

Name:  prrsdvd.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  78.3 KB

Just wanted to share with TEAM PRRS a method I have been experimenting with that has led to great results for those that I have tested it on.

I call it PRRS "Burst Cycling" and it is simply a modified method of the basic format. Here is what it looks like:

P/P/P/RR/RR/RR/S/S/S/P/P/RR/RR/S/S/P/RR/S

Now the idea here is to focus on just one hypertrophy "pathway" a bit more than usual protocol. What this can allow for is stength adaptions to take place within each of the weekly protocols (P-RR-S) more efficiently. Down the road, more reps with the same weight or the same reps with more weight will lead to better gains.

Thus, the idea here is to choose a set of the most effective exercises for you (and/or ones that focus on weak points, such as upper chest, brachialis, mid-back, etc) and to stick with them for this entire "Burst" phase. The goal is to move more weight at each corresponding P-RR-S session so by the final 3-weeks you are far ahead of where you started.

This is just another way to use the principles behind PRRS that I wanted to share with AM members.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

2. Registered User
    Answers

Nice. Going to have to incorporate this at some point and time.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Nice. Going to have to incorporate this at some point and time.
    Saw your thread and decided to post this! Will post more about PRRS as time goes by!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post

Saw your thread and decided to post this! Will post more about PRRS as time goes by!
    Awesome. Making excellent gains with PRRS.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Hey guys, i'm trying this right now while on a recomp diet, -15/+20 NWD/WD.. on week 2 of P.. i have a question, after the first cycle P/P/P/RR/RR/RR/S/S/S when you get back to power week do you lift the same weight at week 3 of P, reduce the weight or continue the increase?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Always try to increase weight. As long as you've got control of the weight and getting a good contraction, always try to increase the weight. I try to increase the weight for every part of PRRS.
    PES Representative
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

kbayne, saw your log, nice! even patterned my workouts to some of yours!

so you're saying if i lift 100lbs x6 BP, then on a rep week, it should be 100lbs x12? (if i also have BP in my rep week?)
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iddc View Post
    kbayne, saw your log, nice! even patterned my workouts to some of yours!

so you're saying if i lift 100lbs x6 BP, then on a rep week, it should be 100lbs x12? (if i also have BP in my rep week?)
    If you can get 100lbs x 12 reps without it being out of control and sloppy, then yes thats what I would do.

I always just shoot for a weight to where I can just barely accomplish the reps. So for example: if I am doing BB bent over rows and am shooting for 10-12, I will throw on a weight that I think I can just barely get 10 time, but if I reach 10 and can keep going, then ill do 12.
    PES Representative
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Have you guys seen anything about my "Hybrid PRRS" weeks?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

thanks for the info! i just gotta try it out then.. it's just i don't want to waste a week in the ppprrrrrrrrssspprrrrrrssprrs on trying to test the amount of weight i actually need.. i'm on week 2 of power and weight/reps still improving! can't wait for the SHOCK week!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

More reps to you sir!

i love the concept of your system, my body easy plateaus so conventional workout scheme don't work, i've tried a strength week/rep week setup before but after a month or two i felt my body has easily adapted..

not heard of it yet, sounds interesting..
  12. Registered User
    Answers

???
    PES Representative
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

The "hybrid" weeks combine the three concepts into one and provide a novel stimulus by really targeting all growth pathways in a single workout. I like to do "hybrid" weeks sometimes right after Shock week, but have also strung together 3-4 straight week using this method. Example for chest:

-BENCH PRESS...3 X 4-6
    -INCLINE DB PRESS...1 X 13-15, 1 X 10-12, 1 X 7-9
    -SS: CABLE CROSSOVER/DIPS...2 X 10-12 EACH
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

The "hybrid" weeks combine the three concepts into one and provide a novel stimulus by really targeting all growth pathways in a single workout. I like to do "hybrid" weeks sometimes right after Shock week, but have also strung together 3-4 straight week using this method. Example for chest:

-BENCH PRESS...3 X 4-6
    I'm just finishing up shock week, on my third time through PRRS and freaking love it. I was going to try fdfs next week for a bit of a change of pace. Looks like I'll give the hybrid a shot the week after that, then get back into the PRRS.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

-BENCH PRESS...3 X 4-6
    I was just thinking about doing this the other day!!! I think ill really enjoy "hybrid" week
    PES Representative
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    I'm just finishing up shock week, on my third time through PRRS and freaking love it. I was going to try fdfs next week for a bit of a change of pace. Looks like I'll give the hybrid a shot the week after that, then get back into the PRRS.
    Sounds awesome my friend. Between PRRS/FDFS and my hybrids you literally WILL NOT STOP GROWING.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I was just thinking about doing this the other day!!! I think ill really enjoy "hybrid" week
    Definitely a fun addition to the PRRS scheme!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Just did back with FDFS for the first time. Wow, just wow. Last exercise of 40 reps nearly killed me, but in a good way!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

thanks for the info! i just gotta try it out then.. it's just i don't want to waste a week in the ppprrrrrrrrssspprrrrrrssprrs on trying to test the amount of weight i actually need.. i'm on week 2 of power and weight/reps still improving! can't wait for the SHOCK week!
    scratch this! can't wait to throw in a hybrid week! hehehe.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

scratch this! can't wait to throw in a hybrid week! hehehe.
    Love hybrid weeks!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

one more workout day and i'm done with the 3rd power week!

3 weeks is just long enough for strength gains! while also short enough to prevent plateau!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ORIGINAL POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK IRONMAN ARTICLES>
    By EBroser in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 02:54 AM
  2. Power,Rep,Shock Training?
    By mastertech in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:48 PM
  3. Rep range while "cutting"
    By Wider is better in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:50 AM
  4. Ultra High Rep Sets (50-100 rep range)
    By conversekidz in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 01:14 AM
  5. 10-12 rep range
    By syko in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 06:27 PM