How to tweak my routine for Versa-1 cycle?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.46%

How to tweak my routine for Versa-1 cycle?

I am looking for some advice on how to tweak my current routine for my Versa-1 cycle. I am currently doing Wendlers 5/3/1 with the triumvirate for assistance work. I am at the end of week two of a 4 week "cycle" for 531 and I plan on completing week three, upping my weights and starting a new cycle without a deload week in sync with the start of my PA cycle.

My question is this: Should i switch to a different style of lifting to maximize size and strength gains (such as a higher volume routine, back to 5x5, or a more traditional bodybuilding split?) or keep doing 531 and increase load more quickly or should I stick to the prescribed increase according to the program?

My goals are mainly recomp and strength. My nutrition is pretty solid and i am using the leangains/if approach.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BriceBurnsRed View Post
    I am looking for some advice on how to tweak my current routine for my Versa-1 cycle. I am currently doing Wendlers 5/3/1 with the triumvirate for assistance work. I am at the end of week two of a 4 week "cycle" for 531 and I plan on completing week three, upping my weights and starting a new cycle without a deload week in sync with the start of my PA cycle.

My question is this: Should i switch to a different style of lifting to maximize size and strength gains (such as a higher volume routine, back to 5x5, or a more traditional bodybuilding split?) or keep doing 531 and increase load more quickly or should I stick to the prescribed increase according to the program?

My goals are mainly recomp and strength. My nutrition is pretty solid and i am using the leangains/if approach.
    Its Versa 1, not a test cycle. Just stick to your current routine.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Its Versa 1, not a test cycle. Just stick to your current routine.
    I realize that, I just wasn't sure if it would be more beneficial to switch to something I can progress faster with in order to take advantage of the pretty significant strength gains the beta-loggers reported.

I do appreciate the input though, thanks!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

just stick to current for the first run and see how you respond.

Good luck!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BriceBurnsRed View Post

Versa-1 will help with whatever you training goals are. No need for a specific type of training to take "advantage" of versa-1. Diet will take care of your recomp just keep lifting heavy and strength gains will come. I look forward to you results.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Versa-1 will help with whatever you training goals are. No need for a specific type of training to take "advantage" of versa-1. Diet will take care of your recomp just keep lifting heavy and strength gains will come. I look forward to you results.
    If anyone knows how to make the most of Versa 1, its this guy right here.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd listen to these two gentlemen. Just keep training hard and eating right for your goals. Good luck OP!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%

OP, check out Breezys Versa 1 log + Patented Anabolic log to see what you can expect with a good diet and dedicated training.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.46%

Thank you Distilled and Jiigzz, I will be checking out breezys log. My questions have been answered and I am planning on running a log of my 8 week cycle, I appreciate the responses and words of encouragement guys, thanks again! Reps for all

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. opinions on how to structure my reps for compounds
    By StangBanger in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 06:25 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM
  5. How to run my Phera cycle