training after being sick? - AnabolicMinds.com

training after being sick?

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

training after being sick?

I'm curious as to how I lean myself back into the gym after being sick for about 5 days.I'm 90% better now and want to get back in the gym. Should I do a full body just to stimulate all my muscle groups since its been a week? Or should I pick up where I left off (back/calves) on my routine? I know a week isn't that long but that coupled with 1.5 days of not eating really sucked. What should I do here?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

I'd ease into it, man. If I miss time at the gym, my first session back is usually fairly relaxed. Moderate to high reps to get your connective tissues revved back up and maybe some cardio if you feel up to it.

Don't be that sick guy in the gym, though. If you need a few more days rest its not going to hurt your physique. Sure, you'll look flat because the carbs aren't there and the volume is gone, but give it a few days and you'll be right back in business.

Good luck.
    Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Doss View Post
    I'd ease into it, man. If I miss time at the gym, my first session back is usually fairly relaxed. Moderate to high reps to get your connective tissues revved back up and maybe some cardio if you feel up to it.

Don't be that sick guy in the gym, though. If you need a few more days rest its not going to hurt your physique. Sure, you'll look flat because the carbs aren't there and the volume is gone, but give it a few days and you'll be right back in business.

Good luck.
    Thanks man. I felt better yesterday and today I feel good. No fever or anything. I think I'm just gonna full body 1-2 exercises per body part 10-15 reps just to stim the muscles.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.

Being sick sucks. I think you have a good plan outlined, jumping back into your regular routine would run down you immune system.
    Self application for me, I upped my intake of antioxidants for a wk after I was ill, just some reassurnce.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. Being sick and training...
    By Kinggrommet in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 01:03 PM
  2. My "I don't want to be sick stack"
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 08:26 AM
  3. Man Ticketed After Being Struck by car