"Fat" guys powerlifting

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    what does high rep, low weight and being "fat" have to do with each other.

    Agreed...cardio too for that matter. Any of those "fat" linemen in that picture I posted probably have great cardio capacity than OP.

  2. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,082
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    This drives me up a wall, personally.

    At my gym, there are about 6 very large guys who are powerlifting and strength training quite hardcore, and have been for about two years now, and it boggles my mind. If your body fat is above 20% you should be doing cardio, not trying to gain more muscle, IMO. This makes no sense.

    Why do fat people powerlift and strength train? They need to be doing low weight and high reps and cardio. WTF?
    This comment has been sufficiently answered so I won't go there; but in all seriousness, i've come across multiple threads that you have started with questions similar in nature in that your mind is boggled at various ways people live their lives. You also report to have or be heading to a post grad in psych, not in exercise science, kinesiology, strength & conditioning etc. So naturally there are gong to be things you do not understand but that does not make your opinion on the matter the right one.

    If you don't like it, go train at planet fitness or something and leave the PLers be.
  3. Registered User
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,210
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    No doubt that is impressive to bench 1,000... but tell me, realistically, how much greater that would be if his bodyfat was 8%? Is walking around with all that fat a constant leg workout to him?
    jesus h f'ing christ, no thread has pissed me off more than this one since i've been here. as jason said, you just can't make strength gains at that body fat %.

    op, how long have you been training? i'm guessing not too long. do us all a favor and post your age, weight and numbers before you cast dispersions on people that have different goals than you, if you have any.

    please, give us all the benefit of your training experience...
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,210
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    This comment has been sufficiently answered so I won't go there; but in all seriousness, i've come across multiple threads that you have started with questions similar in nature in that your mind is boggled at various ways people live their lives. You also report to have or be heading to a post grad in psych, not in exercise science, kinesiology, strength & conditioning etc. So naturally there are gong to be things you do not understand but that does not make your opinion on the matter the right one.

    If you don't like it, go train at planet fitness or something and leave the PLers be.
    you sir, have been repped...
  5. Registered User
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,303
    Answers
    0


    You should tell them all this instead of bitch about it on a forum..
  6. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,413
    Answers
    0


    Hahaha **** man are you serious?! You should have given up after you got flamed the first time.
  7. Registered User
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Answers
    0




    I think this video concludes the thread nicely, if you haven't watched before, you need to. If you have, you should watch it again.
  8. Registered User
    steppinRazor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,015
    Answers
    0


    Lmaoooo good **** RED
    Cultivating Mass.
  9. Registered User
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,210
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED
    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCQFCGZELc

    I think this video concludes the thread nicely, if you haven't watched before, you need to. If you have, you should watch it again.
    Jason, you owe me a shirt. I just spit coffee all over this one!
  10. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    This drives me up a wall, personally.

    At my gym, there are about 6 very large guys who are powerlifting and strength training quite hardcore, and have been for about two years now, and it boggles my mind. If your body fat is above 20% you should be doing cardio, not trying to gain more muscle, IMO. This makes no sense.

    Why do fat people powerlift and strength train? They need to be doing low weight and high reps and cardio. WTF?
    That's why personal goals are just that...personal. trying to apply your goals to someone else is quite an ******* move, IMO (and I'm a bodybuilder)
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,116
    Answers
    0


    Zir via KO.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Registered User
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,101
    Answers
    1


    That video is freaking hilarious lmao

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  13. Registered User
    Thomasxavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    210
    Answers
    0

    Unhappy


    Sorry, my two troll topics have been received a bit too seriously.

    This and the female steroids topics were meant to be in good fun. Calm yourselves you crazy bastards, no anabolics for you!

    You have discouraged me from making my final troll topics:

    "Why it's okay for teenagers to use tren"

    and

    "I kept my gains without a PCT, don't waste your money"




    Thanks a lot! Now we get to go back to mostly boring
  14. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,413
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED
    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCQFCGZELc

    I think this video concludes the thread nicely, if you haven't watched before, you need to. If you have, you should watch it again.
    Hahahaha!!! That's awesome! Good **** ZIR!
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,116
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    Sorry, my two troll topics have been received a bit too seriously.

    This and the female steroids topics were meant to be in good fun. Calm yourselves you crazy bastards, no anabolics for you!

    You have discouraged me from making my final troll topics:

    "Why it's okay for teenagers to use tren"

    and

    "I kept my gains without a PCT, don't waste your money"




    Thanks a lot! Now we get to go back to mostly boring
    This isn't BB.com
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    Sorry, my two troll topics have been received a bit too seriously.

    This and the female steroids topics were meant to be in good fun. Calm yourselves you crazy bastards, no anabolics for you!

    You have discouraged me from making my final troll topics:

    "Why it's okay for teenagers to use tren"

    and

    "I kept my gains without a PCT, don't waste your money"




    Thanks a lot! Now we get to go back to mostly boring
    Then we were a success. Mostly Boring < Mostly Stupid.
  17. Registered User
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Answers
    0


    Everyone is different...

    There are people who enjoy being tiny and skinny, justin bieber like, and think that muscular people are ugly looking. Some people want to look like fitness models, with definition but not huge muscles. Some people want to look huge and ripped. Some people want to be able to lift as much as they can and don't really care the way they look.

    To each its own.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
  2. To quote a famous book "Winter is coming"
    By maggmaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 12:04 AM
  3. Trouble seeing quotes
    By Hal in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
  4. Arnold Quote, funny read
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 11:31 PM
  5. quoting...
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in