"Fat" guys powerlifting

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    what does high rep, low weight and being "fat" have to do with each other.

Agreed...cardio too for that matter. Any of those "fat" linemen in that picture I posted probably have great cardio capacity than OP.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    This drives me up a wall, personally.

At my gym, there are about 6 very large guys who are powerlifting and strength training quite hardcore, and have been for about two years now, and it boggles my mind. If your body fat is above 20% you should be doing cardio, not trying to gain more muscle, IMO. This makes no sense.

Why do fat people powerlift and strength train? They need to be doing low weight and high reps and cardio. WTF?
    This comment has been sufficiently answered so I won't go there; but in all seriousness, i've come across multiple threads that you have started with questions similar in nature in that your mind is boggled at various ways people live their lives. You also report to have or be heading to a post grad in psych, not in exercise science, kinesiology, strength & conditioning etc. So naturally there are gong to be things you do not understand but that does not make your opinion on the matter the right one.

If you don't like it, go train at planet fitness or something and leave the PLers be.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    No doubt that is impressive to bench 1,000... but tell me, realistically, how much greater that would be if his bodyfat was 8%? Is walking around with all that fat a constant leg workout to him?
    jesus h f'ing christ, no thread has pissed me off more than this one since i've been here. as jason said, you just can't make strength gains at that body fat %.

op, how long have you been training? i'm guessing not too long. do us all a favor and post your age, weight and numbers before you cast dispersions on people that have different goals than you, if you have any.

please, give us all the benefit of your training experience...
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    This comment has been sufficiently answered so I won't go there; but in all seriousness, i've come across multiple threads that you have started with questions similar in nature in that your mind is boggled at various ways people live their lives. You also report to have or be heading to a post grad in psych, not in exercise science, kinesiology, strength & conditioning etc. So naturally there are gong to be things you do not understand but that does not make your opinion on the matter the right one.

If you don't like it, go train at planet fitness or something and leave the PLers be.
    you sir, have been repped...

5. You should tell them all this instead of bitch about it on a forum..

6. Hahaha **** man are you serious?! You should have given up after you got flamed the first time.

7. I think this video concludes the thread nicely, if you haven't watched before, you need to. If you have, you should watch it again.

8. Lmaoooo good **** RED
    Cultivating Mass.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED
    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCQFCGZELc

I think this video concludes the thread nicely, if you haven't watched before, you need to. If you have, you should watch it again.
    Jason, you owe me a shirt. I just spit coffee all over this one!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post
    This drives me up a wall, personally.

At my gym, there are about 6 very large guys who are powerlifting and strength training quite hardcore, and have been for about two years now, and it boggles my mind. If your body fat is above 20% you should be doing cardio, not trying to gain more muscle, IMO. This makes no sense.

Why do fat people powerlift and strength train? They need to be doing low weight and high reps and cardio. WTF?
    That's why personal goals are just that...personal. trying to apply your goals to someone else is quite an ******* move, IMO (and I'm a bodybuilder)

11. Zir via KO.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. That video is freaking hilarious lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  13. Unhappy

Sorry, my two troll topics have been received a bit too seriously.

This and the female steroids topics were meant to be in good fun. Calm yourselves you crazy bastards, no anabolics for you!

You have discouraged me from making my final troll topics:

"Why it's okay for teenagers to use tren"

and

"I kept my gains without a PCT, don't waste your money"

Thanks a lot! Now we get to go back to mostly boring

14. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED
    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCQFCGZELc

I think this video concludes the thread nicely, if you haven't watched before, you need to. If you have, you should watch it again.
    Hahahaha!!! That's awesome! Good **** ZIR!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post

This and the female steroids topics were meant to be in good fun. Calm yourselves you crazy bastards, no anabolics for you!

and

This isn't BB.com
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasxavier View Post

and

Then we were a success. Mostly Boring < Mostly Stupid.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

17. Everyone is different...

There are people who enjoy being tiny and skinny, justin bieber like, and think that muscular people are ugly looking. Some people want to look like fitness models, with definition but not huge muscles. Some people want to look huge and ripped. Some people want to be able to lift as much as they can and don't really care the way they look.

To each its own.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. To quote a famous book "Winter is coming"
    By maggmaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
  3. Trouble seeing quotes
    By Hal in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 08:51 PM
  4. Arnold Quote, funny read