Help with the delts!!! (Recovering From an Injury) HELP!!!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Help with the delts!!! (Recovering From an Injury) HELP!!!

I really need some advice on some good shoulder exercises! I'm recovering from an injury that left me with 3 months of PT and the ability to do little to no upper-body work. I love military presses but am worried to re-tear the muscles I did before. (Left and Right Pectoral). any advice on the matter or exercises that would lead to less stress on the pectorals? Thanks
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, an hour or a day, or even a year. If I quit however, it will last forever"
    -Eric Thomas

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

It's tough to isolate the shoulder completely. I would not push your injury recovery. Body recomp is a marathon, albeit one made up of many sprints.

You could try front and lateral raises. Start very light to see how your pec feels. I would avoid overhead pressing for sure until you are healed.

A re-tear will only hold you back longer though. Don't push yourself.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I wanna try a low volume 5x5 or 3x3 for it with low weight, maybe build back that muscle a step at a time. like military press with 25's and move up from there. opinion?
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, an hour or a day, or even a year. If I quit however, it will last forever"
    -Eric Thomas
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

It depends on how well recovered your pec is. Just go through the motion of an overhead press with no weight and feel the stretch on your pec, now imagine a loaded stretch + contraction. You could very easily re-tear a muscle.

If you are healed and simply weak, absolutely re-build with a strength based program.

Are you seeing a physical therapist or medical professional regarding the injury?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I've gone back to do a review of my recovery but nothing since PT. I tried overhead with 25's and it was fine! tiny pull though but nothing drastic
    -Eric Thomas
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Feel is important but I would go by your review primarily, feel secondarily. You can be healed enough to not feel pain without being 100%, which is how re-tears happen. If the doc ok's your lifting, go for it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 11:14 PM
  2. Help with the cycle
    By tylerp in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 02:44 PM
  3. Need some help with the Velocity Diet.
    By HelloEvo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
  4. Some help with the HST program i made
    By harlan100 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 05:25 AM
  5. Help with my DELTS
    By Unclemikejones in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 08:39 AM