Spartan Race Training
- 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
- 12-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Crossfit. Bootcamp style... Maybe some TRX Suspension. Anything Cardio intensive that stresses muscle strain as well.
- 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM
I've done a few of those type races, pretty much make sure your cardio is in check. There wasn't a ton of strength type stuff except some of the wall/rope climbs. So I would continue lifting as you do but throw in some more cardio. The Spartan Race I did was almost 5 miles.
12-09-2012, 12:59 AM
12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I did quite a few tough mudders...same idea but longer (10-12 miles). I did lots of jogging, bodyweight movements, sandbag work, stuff like that. These events are just as much mental as anything, i was cold, wet, got shocked lol.
12-09-2012, 12:54 PM
It was awesome! I did a warrior dash also, liked the Spartan Race more. There was more variety in the obstacles. Also for the spartan run I did a nice chunk of it was in the woods, so the hills ended up being almost an obstacle cause it rained before so some of the steep ones were really hard to get up. Also wear a pair of shoes that you don't mind ruining, cause they'll be ruined by the time your done! Also if you married, take off your wedding ring! I learned that lesson the hard way in another race I did!Originally Posted by GPF
Board Rep for PHWSupplements
Use Coupon code NICK10 for 10% off any order!
Similar Forum Threads
- By thyrod in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2012, 03:00 AM
- By wardog in forum Training ForumReplies: 70Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
- By hamper19 in forum General ChatReplies: 22Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
- By spoofy in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 12-13-2002, 07:00 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 11-29-2002, 12:09 AM