A Wide Back? What to do - AnabolicMinds.com

A Wide Back? What to do

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    A Wide Back? What to do


    Hi guys so in about a week or two im going to be switching up my workout for all my body parts and the one I want to focus on hardcore is my back. I want to get a nice wide and defined back. IVe heard the general rule of thumb is to go wide grip for wide back and close grip for back mass but it seems iffy.

    Anyway heres what im currently doing:
    Pendally Rows (grip is medum legnth , shoulder width about )
    Wide grip pull up
    close grip lat pull down
    close grip low row

    Heres what im thinking about doing .... (advice needed here please )

    Pendally rows (love these cant get rid of em! )
    Wide grip pull up
    Wide grip lat pull down (isnt the pull up and the push down esentially the same thing?)
    Medium/wide grip low row
    ...adding another exercise in possibly would be : close grip lat pull down (this may be to much though)

    Let me know whats good/whats bad/ whats ehh . Thanks guys!

  2. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    83748

    Reputation Reputation

    if you're sticking with bb'ing type volume, I would drop the wide grip pull-up and wide grip pulldown combo. keep the pulldowns wide grip but go with a moderate grip pull-up and use chains or a weighted belt.

    weighted chins too. heavy compound > super wide grip

    don't neglect deadlifts or barbell rows either.
  3. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    if you're sticking with bb'ing type volume, I would drop the wide grip pull-up and wide grip pulldown combo. keep the pulldowns wide grip but go with a moderate grip pull-up and use chains or a weighted belt.

    weighted chins too. heavy compound > super wide grip

    don't neglect deadlifts or barbell rows either.
    Pendally rows are just a variation of barbell rows, they work better for me. I used to BB row but wasnt getting as good of results from it. Ah of course lol yeah I deadlift on my back days, every other week though because i find when I deadlift my lower back needs a longer time to heal.

    Why drop wide grip pull ups? Arent they important ?
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Drop Pendlay's for DB rows. Pendlay's aren't designed for hypertrophy since the TUT is not there. As far as the pullups go, switch each week from wide grip to neutral grip for variation and also add in snatch grip deadlifts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,378
    Rep Power
    986722

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Wide grip lat pulldown:
    University of Miami (Coral Gables) researchers had 10 experienced lifters perform wide-grip pulldowns to the front, pulldowns with reverse and neutral grips, and wide-grip pulldowns behind the neck while measuring muscle activity with electromyography. Wide-grip pulldowns to the front were found to involve the most lat muscle fibers, with the reverse-grip version coming in a close second.
  6. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,281
    Rep Power
    2311422

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    see if your gym has a wide neutral grip pull down bar, mine has one and it's pretty nice..along with neutral grip pull-ups
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Pullups>>>>>pulldowns
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. New Member
    kdeome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    13565

    Reputation

    ^ agreed.
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  9. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,189
    Rep Power
    10502205

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Pullups>>>>>pulldowns
    Agreed. Pull ups to pull downs are like squats to leg extensions.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Alright then DBs for Pendally rows. I do feel a lot more TUT with DB one arm rows than pendally. Why not just do pull ups and pull downs?!
  11. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612247

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc

    Agreed. Pull ups to pull downs are like squats to leg extensions.
    I thought leg extensions were the leg mass builder.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  12. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Alright then DBs for Pendally rows. I do feel a lot more TUT with DB one arm rows than pendally. Why not just do pull ups and pull downs?!
    Pulldowns are for people that are intimidated to do or suck at pulldowns. Also, they do stress the internal rotators, which are usually overworked into relation to external rotators. It's much better to fill in the volume with additional rows to help create balance within the internal and external rotators.

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    I thought leg extensions were the leg mass builder.
    Leg extensions are not a mass builder. Have you seen how "legs" on people that don't squat but still do leg ex?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Alright thanks for the help guys this is what I'm gonna run with :

    Db rows
    Wide grip pull up
    Close grip lat pull down
    Medium grip low row (with a bar)
    And obviously dead lifts.

    I noticed that snatch deads are like regular dead lifts minus the wider grip and leg placement. I'd rather do a dead lift with a wide grip, wider legs and not so close to the knees.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Alright thanks for the help guys this is what I'm gonna run with b rowsWide grip pull upClose grip lat pull downMedium grip low row (with a bar) And obviously dead lifts.I noticed that snatch deads are like regular dead lifts minus the wider grip and leg placement. I'd rather do a dead lift with a wide grip, wider legs and not so close to the knees.
    I specifically said snatch-grip because they place the emphasis on the upper back. You can't hold nearly as much with the snatch-grip compared a sumo or conventional deadlift. The leg placement is virtually identical to a conventional deadlift except you have to bend more at the knee since you have to bend down further due to the wider grip.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Rep Power
    2612247

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Pulldowns are for people that are intimidated to do or suck at pulldowns. Also, they do stress the internal rotators, which are usually overworked into relation to external rotators. It's much better to fill in the volume with additional rows to help create balance within the internal and external rotators.

    Leg extensions are not a mass builder. Have you seen how "legs" on people that don't squat but still do leg ex?
    Yeah it was a joke.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  16. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I specifically said snatch-grip because they place the emphasis on the upper back. You can't hold nearly as much with the snatch-grip compared a sumo or conventional deadlift. The leg placement is virtually identical to a conventional deadlift except you have to bend more at the knee since you have to bend down further due to the wider grip.
    ive been trying to find a good video with instruction on how to do the snatch grip deadlift, any tips or can you link a good video? Im a perfectionist when it comes to form, i dont want to learn the wrong form . And lol @ the leg extension comment haha.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    ive been trying to find a good video with instruction on how to do the snatch grip deadlift, any tips or can you link a good video? Im a perfectionist when it comes to form, i dont want to learn the wrong form . And lol @ the leg extension comment haha.
    It's the same setup as a conventional deadlift, but with a lower stance to accomodate for the wider grip. The bar will also be slightly further away from your shins at the bottom as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Elite Member
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,877
    Rep Power
    3744473

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I agree with the thought in here, pull ups for the win no doubt. My back days consist of dead lifts, weighted pull ups, kroc rows and heavy db rows...

    Another thing that would probably suit you better still than a pull down but less effective than a pull up IMO are rack chins. I've done them here and there. The recruitment seems to be to be more focused than a pull down.

    Either way, pull ups ftw no doubt in my mind.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  19. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I actually like rack chins more than pull-ups when doing them regularly. Much easier on my shoulders, easier to progress on, feel them more where I should. I attribute a lot of back width to them.

    I do see a lot of people turn rack chins into more of an inverted row which I feel is a different movement entirely.

    They translate well into pull ups as well imo.
  20. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's the same setup as a conventional deadlift, but with a lower stance to accomodate for the wider grip. The bar will also be slightly further away from your shins at the bottom as well.
    what do you mean by lower stance? Keep my grip wide, like keep my hands far apart? how far though? Like to each end of the bar? Why does the wide grip on the deadlift work your upper back more? So many questions lol, i love this stuff.
  21. Elite Member
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,540
    Rep Power
    7316257

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It all depends on YOU. If u weigh 160lbs and can do twenty pullups do heavy pulldowns instead. Wide grip for width, Close grip/reverse grip for lower lats and middle back thickness.

    Heavy tbar rows. Heavy dumbell rows. Heavy reverse grip bb rows. I've always gone with the thought that ur back grows from the middle outwards so I hit a lot of close grip at the start of my session then finish off with wider grip action.

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  22. Elite Member
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,877
    Rep Power
    3744473

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    It all depends on YOU. If u weigh 160lbs and can do twenty pullups do heavy pulldowns instead. Wide grip for width, Close grip/reverse grip for lower lats and middle back thickness.

    Heavy tbar rows. Heavy dumbell rows. Heavy reverse grip bb rows. I've always gone with the thought that ur back grows from the middle outwards so I hit a lot of close grip at the start of my session then finish off with wider grip action.
    Agree to disagree on that one... I weigh 180 for extra weight use a dip belt. I throw a plate on and I'm at 225, simple.

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  23. Elite Member
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,877
    Rep Power
    3744473

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I actually like rack chins more than pull-ups when doing them regularly. Much easier on my shoulders, easier to progress on, feel them more where I should. I attribute a lot of back width to them.

    I do see a lot of people turn rack chins into more of an inverted row which I feel is a different movement entirely.

    They translate well into pull ups as well imo.
    Rack chins are just such a pain in the ass when you lift solo... I know, I know you and your partner train together but otherwise dude its a pain in the tits

    - Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  24. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Rack chins are just such a pain in the ass when you lift solo... I know, I know you and your partner train together but otherwise dude its a pain in the tits

    - Valdez
    Leave my life partner out of this..lol

    But seriously I actually always trained alone until this past year, and never found them difficult. Strap my left hand in, throw a db on my lap, strap the right in, feet up on the bench.. Pretty easy.. Even when RP'ng them I would just kick my feet down, count to xx, and get back at it.
    Just like this. Except easier as he has to use 2DB's..
  25. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    what do you mean by lower stance? Keep my grip wide, like keep my hands far apart? how far though? Like to each end of the bar? Why does the wide grip on the deadlift work your upper back more? So many questions lol, i love this stuff.
    You will have to squat down lower to get to the bar due to the wider grip. I put my index finger on the outer rings and it favors the upper back because of the position of the torso in relation to the bar.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. New Member
    retrofitted's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    24343

    Reputation

    Snatch grip high pulls might be a good one to throw in as well.
  27. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    It all depends on YOU. If u weigh 160lbs and can do twenty pullups do heavy pulldowns instead. Wide grip for width, Close grip/reverse grip for lower lats and middle back thickness.

    Heavy tbar rows. Heavy dumbell rows. Heavy reverse grip bb rows. I've always gone with the thought that ur back grows from the middle outwards so I hit a lot of close grip at the start of my session then finish off with wider grip action.
    If your doing T bar why both doing DB row , its the same movement .
  28. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    If your doing T bar why both doing DB row , its the same movement .
    Similar, but not the same. T-bar is within a fixed place because of the grip (similarly to BB rows), but a DB does not have this same restriction.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Similar, but not the same. T-bar is within a fixed place because of the grip (similarly to BB rows), but a DB does not have this same restriction.
    i love learning
  30. Elite Member
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,540
    Rep Power
    7316257

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I also get a much better stretch with DB's and its not as hard on the lower back IMO

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  31. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I also get a much better stretch with DB's and its not as hard on the lower back IMO
    Agreed, BB rows always murder my lower back. Then when I try to dead lift ... i die :P
  32. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Agreed, BB rows always murder my lower back. Then when I try to dead lift ... i die :P
    Another reason to sub in snatch-grip. You won't be able to pull nearly as much since the leverage is far from favorable, but it targets the upper back better compared to sumo or conventional deadlifts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  33. New Member
    DrDeca's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1983

    Reputation

    for dat V,

    pullups
    partial deadlifts,
    WG BB row
    WG pulldown
    single arm db row
    pullups to finish....squeek whatever else in there that u want but that workout plus other ones gave me a pretty dece V
  34. New Member
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    237363

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    For pure V-taper do not forget to include one of these every workout for back:

    -DB PULLOVER
    -MACHINE PULLOVER
    -CABLE PULLOVER
    -STIFF ARM PULLDOWN

    These can be used to pre-exhaust at the beginning of a workout or finish the upper lats/teres at the end without involving the tired biceps. They also work great in a superset - pre-exhaust or post-activation.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  35. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I actually did DB rows and snatch grip dead lifts today and my lats and upper back feel destroyed. I love it . And deca, Im not a fan of doing BB rows anymore. It kills my lower back. But i pretty much do exactly what you outlined, minus partial dead lifts (i do full dead lifts) and I do low rows, to hit the middle/lower back to add some mass there.
  36. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,002
    Rep Power
    4429386

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser
    For pure V-taper do not forget to include one of these every workout for back:

    -DB PULLOVER
    -MACHINE PULLOVER
    -CABLE PULLOVER
    -STIFF ARM PULLDOWN

    These can be used to pre-exhaust at the beginning of a workout or finish the upper lats/teres at the end without involving the tired biceps. They also work great in a superset - pre-exhaust or post-activation.
    I love doing stiff-arm pulldown and squeezing at the bottom. Definitely feel it in the back. Great exercise. I do wish my gym had a machine pullover though, but I still for DB pullovers to replace it.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  37. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I love doing stiff-arm pulldown and squeezing at the bottom. Definitely feel it in the back. Great exercise. I do wish my gym had a machine pullover though, but I still for DB pullovers to replace it.
    Hmm things to think about for my bext back day. How do you like pull overs? Work the lats well?
  38. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,002
    Rep Power
    4429386

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar

    Hmm things to think about for my bext back day. How do you like pull overs? Work the lats well?
    I like stiff arm pulldowns the most. I can feel it working the best. And ya I definitely feel it in the middle/lower lats. Make sure to squeeze at the bottom. I see many people do them and throw their body into and they don't get the full benefit.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  39. New Member
    DrDeca's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1983

    Reputation

    stiff arm pulldowns are great gunna include that in my next back workout
  40. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Okie sounds good to me. Yah I see people tossing around weight all the time. Sounds like a bad way to get hurt. Its all about the squeeze and slow movement . Pull downs it is!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. GHRP6?..IDK what to do to fix 'me' back to normal
    By GIANTwoffer in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM
  2. Got bloodwork done, liver levels came back high, what to do?
    By vadox6466 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 01:15 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
  4. What to do if you see terrorism...
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 PM
  5. What to do when joints hurt but your muscles aren't tired?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in