16 and trying to get ahead of the game.

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

16 and trying to get ahead of the game.

Alright, so I'm really into weight training. Well I have been since I was 13. And recently I've been talking to a few kids my age who've successfully taken pro hormones. These kids look great and got real big and cut up. And I've read countless articles and after a while everyone who has read them can tell you they're not great for you at 16. Now how did these kids do it? No acne, off of prohormones and still lifting well and looking good?

Also, whats the BEST alternative to get ahead of everyone else and get huge besides the usual "stuff your face, drink your protein, lift, and sleep"

Specific ingredients in certain supplements that work great with teen bodybuilding? Foods? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT123 View Post
    Also, whats the BEST alternative to get ahead of everyone else and get huge besides the usual "stuff your face, drink your protein, lift, and sleep"
    That IS the best, really. Discipline also helps, as does working around a group of strong guys who are all trying to push each other (but not around guys trying to push drugs over good planning regarding training and nutrition).

Understand that those guys tossing back PHs might be recovering ok right now, but those are the same guys that are going to burn out in 3-5 years and be on TRT at 20. Being shut down so early, they'll be going through lots of health problems regarding libido, emotional stability, anxiety, fertility, immunity (they'll be sick more often), cholesterol levels, hemoglobin, list can go on. How sexy do you think it is that they have to rely on hormones from a bottle at age 20 with a nutsack that shrinks every year?

Whatever game you're in -powerlifting, bodybuilding, olympic weightlifting - it's a marathon, not a sprint. The guys who are the best are those that stay in the game for a long period of time, are consistently hitting the gym and their nutrition hard and smart, and listen to their bodies.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WUH...eature=related
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

really as much as you may think you know about bodybuilding training and diets, there is always something new to learn, or some aspects you've neglected. And none of the people you are talking about used prohomones, they used steroids sold using a loophole in the FDA laws and called them prohormones. Real world, you can make a little bit higher short term progress using those, but particularly at your age, the difference between using them and not is almost minimal in real gains if done right, and the long term downsides are pretty large.
    •   

4. TLW
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

At 16 you will grow quickly with proper diet and training, don't ever get talked in to taking ph at that age. Honestly I started taking my first prohormone cycle at 21 and I wish I would've waited even longer then that.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

By having consistent training and nutrition under your belt at 16, you're already ahead of the game. To stay ahead, you must continue to improve your knowledge of training systems and never allow yourself to think that you have it all figured out. Strive to learn at least one new thing about training and one thing about nutrition each day and integrate the knowledge.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Hey bud! I just recently turned 18 and I know where you are coming from. I am here to answer any questions you have now and into the future. It was rough for me being on the football team with alot of my friends and competition using, but I stayed natural, ate lifted and slept well. I set a school football recorded in deadlift with 525 and had over a 1200 total! You need to stay dedicated anf you will be amazed at what gains you will make.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  7. Registered User

Dude i wish i started training at 16 like you.I think you are to young to play with pro-hormones.I am at 21 and dont even think it.Just drink your protein tell your mother to cook you food's full of protein[i missed my mom's foods due to college ] and that's it.You dont have to be jealous of them.They may have some problems later cause their hormones arent balanced enough and with pro-hormones at 16 unbalance will come soo.Dont only see how they look outside.That's all i have to say.Now someone who nows better will give you more better advice.
  8. Registered User

I wsh I could go back to 8th grade and start thinking about working out and diet. Diet and training is key. At your age, eat eat eat and train smart. Don't worry about the weight you move until you get the movement down. Too many young kids (including myself at your age) worry about seeing how much they can lift without performing it correctly. Shoot even older people still do this.

Get a well planned out workout. Start researching and getting knowledged up on your diet. With these two things at your age you will be ahead of the game 100%.
    PES Representivie
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I wsh I could go back to 8th grade and start thinking about working out and diet. Diet and training is key. At your age, eat eat eat and train smart. Don't worry about the weight you move until you get the movement down. Too many young kids (including myself at your age) worry about seeing how much they can lift without performing it correctly. Shoot even older people still do this.

Get a well planned out workout. Start researching and getting knowledged up on your diet. With these two things at your age you will be ahead of the game 100%.
    True.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Senior year I could & did bench & squat more than class mates on roid's

Here's what I did.....
    I stuff'd my face with food, drank protein shakes & got a lot of rest!

Just because kids "successfully" took pro-hormones doesn't mean their gains stick either. If you do things the right way, they WILL stick. You're 16, you think you know it all. We all did at 16, or 18 or hell even 21. Fact is, none of us did.

You sound like you may have your mind made up, I really hope you take the advice of others above and stuff your face, drink protein & get lots of rest. Best of luck!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Sorry for not getting back to you guys. I've decided to exactly what basically all out you told me and that's not to touch any of it and stay on a good natural path even if it does take a little bit longer. Thank you all of you.
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT123
    Sorry for not getting back to you guys. I've decided to exactly what basically all out you told me and that's not to touch any of it and stay on a good natural path even if it does take a little bit longer. Thank you all of you.
    That's good to hear dude. At your age you will make progress faster then you think. Believe me. Just gotta stay dedicated and the results will come.
    PES Representivie
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Man oh man I wish I started training at 16, didn't start taking this life serious until college. But the truth is, at 16 you're already ahead of almost everybody bud
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    By having consistent training and nutrition under your belt at 16, you're already ahead of the game. To stay ahead, you must continue to improve your knowledge of training systems and never allow yourself to think that you have it all figured out. Strive to learn at least one new thing about training and one thing about nutrition each day and integrate the knowledge.
    this, i'm 17, very dedicated to bodybuilding, a lot of times I feel jealous about the people that use roids, they get the desired results so much faster than me that I feel like tempted to try it but I contain myself pretty well, i'm aware of what steroids can do to me.

Just ignore those dudes and keep being consistent in what are you doing so as I do, they will suffer from taking prohormones..
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT123
    Alright, so I'm really into weight training. Well I have been since I was 13. And recently I've been talking to a few kids my age who've successfully taken pro hormones. These kids look great and got real big and cut up. And I've read countless articles and after a while everyone who has read them can tell you they're not great for you at 16. Now how did these kids do it? No acne, off of prohormones and still lifting well and looking good?

Specific ingredients in certain supplements that work great with teen bodybuilding? Foods? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!
    The best adviced I can give you as a 16 year old is give 100% towards everything. I have heard that gains are 60%diet 20%sleep 20% routine, 50%d 20%s 20r 10supplements or any combination under the sun. I say that best ratio is 100% for everything. Lift as hard as you can and leave it all the gym. Sleep, get your hours in, consistently. Eat well, eat alot, eat, eat and eat. Precook and save. Take supplements that are appriotate for where you are in your devolpment in life and in the "gym". Listen and learn as much as you can, but do not let it all go to your head and make you forget the basics. Eat, sleep, and lift like it is keeping you alive. I promise you by the time you are old to even think about next level supps, you will be ready for it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Keep working hard and be patient. Fill your head with knowledge, it never ends ! Make sure your training correctly/ smart. Feeding your body the right nutrients. Doing it this way is much better in the long run for you. Dont look for short cuts. Be a leader, not a follower. Prove to these boys an amazing physique can be done without all that junk.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to the form and trying to get back to feeling normal
    By 66stang in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 10:12 PM
  2. thoughts on drinking beer and trying to get gains
    By maxx77 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 02:09 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM
  4. Trying to get submerged in the Abyss of sleep ! ! ! !
    By Zombie in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM
  5. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM