question concerning periodization and hormones

Bas4Lizzife

Awards
I'm currently on a 1-test cyp/4-ad cyp cycle and training with a DFHT split. I started the cycle my 2nd week and am now on week 7 (of the program, 6 of the cycle). I plan to finish up, and start a new split using the same program principles. My question is... is there any problem with a deloading week coinciding with the first week of PCT? Ideally, I would like to load for for 3 weeks following the conclusion of this 8 week training cycle, I would then deload for my first week of PCT and start the loading period again for the final 3 weeks-- with a lowered volume of course. Anything wrong with this? Am I likely to lose massive strength/size gains the first week of PCT when I'm most vulnerable, since I'll be using a 10% weight reduction for my deloading week?

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
I don't think this should be a great problem. Your anabolics will still be working for two weeks after your last injection. When are you starting your PCT? Also depending on your budget, you could use clenbuterol to help preserve LBM, and maybe 7-OH.

Bas4Lizzife

Awards
I don't think this should be a great problem. Your anabolics will still be working for two weeks after your last injection. When are you starting your PCT? Also depending on your budget, you could use clenbuterol to help preserve LBM, and maybe 7-OH.
That's part of the equation. My last injection will be about 2.5 weeks before I end my cycle and I am going to run M-Dien at about 10mg a day for the remainder to see if I may want to stock up on it. It's probably not a huge conern, but it is my first cycle and I am a bit paranoid and am trying to be as smart about things as possible. Good point about the clen/7-OH. i should have some money lying around by then and may look into some type of anti-catabolic. appreciate the response.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have used 7-oh for this reason to keep cort. at bay. It has worked tremendously. I agree with what Strat has to say, it shouldn't be a problem as the m-dien will be aiding.