PNI'S Coach Broser Presents FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up PNI'S Coach Broser Presents FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION!


    FD/FS: Four Little Letters that Can Mean BIG GAINS!

    Warning: For those Iron Man readers who are afraid of stretch marks, cannot afford to purchase a new wardrobe, or simply do not want to take up more space, please stop reading this article now! Just put the magazine down, slowly back away, grab the remote, and watch some Seinfeld reruns. “No soup for you!”

    However, for the rest of you…the one’s that live to grow…sit back with your favorite protein drink, get comfortable, and read my words, because I have a feeling that what follows may be of great interest to you!

    The wonderful thing about bodybuilding is, just like life, it is a constant and ongoing learning process. Nobody has all the answers, but if you keep your eyes (and mind) open wide enough, you will slowly but surely pick up more and more pieces of the puzzle.

    Several years ago, I introduced a training system to the bodybuilding world called Power, Rep Range, Shock, which I believe contains many of these essential pieces. Most Iron Man readers are intimately familiar with my program, as I have written several articles about it right here in these pages, as well as on many sites all over the Internet. In addition, Steve Holeman and Jonathan Lawson have been utilizing P/RR/S in combination with X-Reps for the last several months, and writing about their experiences in the popular Train, Eat, Grow column.

    However, for those of you that might be new to Iron Man, and/or have not had the opportunity to read about my P/RR/S training program (what are you living under a rock?), I think it is important for me to quickly go over the main points, as it is this original program that was the genesis for the material that lies ahead. For those of you that are already P/RR/S users, consider this a quick refresher course!

    Basic P/RR/S Training

    Power, Rep Range, Shock is a cyclical approach to lifting weights in which you utilize a unique training protocol every week (in 3-week cycles), with the goal of tapping into all of the body’s various growth mechanisms. Each of the three weeks is meant to bring about a specific physiological effect, so that your body cannot adapt to any one form of training, which would eventually result in stagnation. P/RR/S addresses muscle growth from a variety of angles, and allows significant progress to take place on a very consistent, and long-term, basis.

    Week # 1 is POWER training, and it is meant to annihilate the highest threshold fast twitch muscle fibers, increase raw strength, and stimulate a greater amount of natural testosterone to course through your veins. Here is the outline for a basic POWER week, along with a sample workout for back:

    Rep Goal: 4-6
    Rest Between Sets: 3-5 minutes
    Lifting Tempo: 4/0/X
    Exercises: Mostly compound

    1-Rack Deadlift: 4 x 4-6
    2-Weighted WG Pull-ups: 3 x 4-6
    3-Underhand Grip BB Bent Row: 3 x 4-6
    4-CG Seated Cable Row: 3 x 4-6

    Week # 2 is REP RANGE training, the goal of which is tear through all the intermediary muscle fibers that lie along the continuum from Type I to Type II, induce capillarization, and to stimulate growth producing metabolic adaptations within muscle cells. Here is the outline for a basic REP RANGE week, along with a sample workout for triceps:

    Rep Goal: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20
    Rest Between Sets: 2-3 minutes
    Lifting Tempo: 2/1/2/1***
    Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

    ***1-second hold at peak contraction for certain exercises (ex. Leg Extensions).

    1-Smith CG Bench Press: 2 x 7-9
    2-Lying Triceps Extension: 2 x 10-12
    3-Rope Pushdown: 2 x 13-15
    4-Dumbbell Kickback: 2 x 16-20

    Week # 3 is SHOCK training, and a true test of your ability to withstand searing muscle pain! The burn and lactic acid that SHOCK workouts produce will help flood your system with natural GH, literally bathing your cells in one of the most powerful muscle producing, fat incinerating hormones known to science! Here is the outline for a basic SHOCK week, along with a sample workout for delts:

    Rep Goal: 8-10 (dropset is 8-10, drop, 6-8)
    Rest Between Sets: cardiovascular and mental recovery
    Lifting Tempo: 1/0/1
    Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

    1-Superset: Seated Side Lateral/Behind the Neck Press: 2 x 8-10 each
    2-Superset: WG Cable Upright Row/Bent Lateral: 2 x 8-10 each
    3-Dropset: Barbell Front Raise: 1 x 8-10, drop, 6-8

    Once you have completed the 3-week P/RR/S cycle, return to the beginning and repeat, with the intention of training more intensely on the following cycle. I suggest you use the same exercises for three straight cycles, and try to lift heavier weight and/or increase your reps at each workout. After three full P/RR/S cycles either take a complete week off from the gym, or at least train at low intensity for one week to allow for repair and recovery of joints, muscles, and the CNS. Upon returning to P/RR/S, feel free to switch some or all of the exercises, and prepare to push even harder through the next three cycles.

    The Next Step

    Like I mentioned earlier, bodybuilding is a constant learning process, and a pursuit where complacency is not welcome (not under my watch!). Even though I knew I had hit upon something wonderful with P/RR/S training, I still took it upon myself to dig deeper. This led me to an advanced version of my program, which I presented to Iron Man readers in a 2006 article entitled, “Power, Rep Range, Shock 2. Variations and Advanced Techniques.” And while the protocols that I presented in that piece once again raised the bar on muscle growth, I have to admit I still remained unsatisfied and hungry for more! I suppose this relentless pursuit of better and more efficient ways to stimulate hypertrophy can be looked upon as somewhat compulsive, but long ago I decided to make it my life’s work to not only explore the outer limits of my own genetic potential, but to help as many others as possible do this as well.

    And here we are. So take a big breath, and put on some comfortable shoes, because I now invite you to take the next step!

    First Things First

    Before going forward I want to take a little time to discuss what muscle growth means and what is really happening when it occurs. Most often people relate hypertrophy to an increase in “protein synthesis,” or the production of new cellular proteins from amino acids. However, the process is far more complex than this, requiring an overwhelming cascade of physiological events to occur in a specific order, while dozens of bodily hormones and chemicals rush into action. To discuss all of this in depth would take the space of entire book, and likely bore you tears, so let’s skip to the meat and potatoes of this whole thing because I really don’t want any of you to fall asleep, or even worse, dehydrate (and besides, meat and potatoes are yummy).

    In order for muscle hypertrophy to occur, new cells (known as satellite cells) must fuse with existing muscle fibers. Normally these satellite cells are dormant, and sit “minding their own business” adjacent to muscle fiber sarcolemma.

    An intense weight-training workout can serve as a trigger for satellite cell activation, leading to the first stage of hypertrophy, known as proliferation. It is at this point that these cells will begin to divide and multiply, forming into myoblasts. The myoblasts then fuse with existing muscle fibers and donate their nuclei in a process called differentiation. Because muscle cells contain many nuclei, increasing their number allows the cell to regulate more cytoplasm, inducing more actin and myosin (the two main contractile proteins in skeletal muscle) to be produced. This increases overall cell size and protein content, leading to a larger muscle mass.
    So, in a nutshell, what bodybuilding comes down to is a continuous process of damage and repair, over and over. Hard weight training traumatizes our muscles, causing injury to the fibers, leading the body to respond by not only repairing the damage, but also making the muscle fibers bigger and stronger in the process (however, this is only if the body is given the proper rest and flooded with enough nutrients to do so).

    What this means to you is that if you are not training intensely enough to damage your muscle fibers, your body will never turn on the anabolic “machinery” necessary to force hypertrophy to take place. And, even if you do train hard enough, but don’t give your body the building blocks necessary (via food and supplements) to complete the repair and building process, you will continually take one step back, and one step forward…leaving you literally standing still.

    Enter FD/FS Training!

    FD/FS stands for “Fiber Damage/Fiber Saturation,” and is a training method I have been working with and tweaking over the last 8 months, while looking to add some significant muscle mass to areas that I consider weak points. I should mention that in no way have I abandoned P/RR/S training, but have used FD/FS to greatly augment it.

    With FD/FS the workout is basically broken into 2 phases. In the first phase (fiber damage), the goal is to utilize training protocols known to cause significant micro-trauma in the muscle fibers. As I mentioned earlier, this is a necessary step to setting the growth process in motion. The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal with the utmost precision are: 1) Heavy Weights, 2) Eccentric Emphasis, and 3) Stretch Under Tension. If you have ever performed a workout using any of these methods, you more than likely felt a good degree of soreness in the target muscles over the following days, which is indicative of the type fiber damage we are looking for. However, when all of these techniques are combined properly, you definitely will experience a whole new level of muscle pain, ache (the good kind!) and stiffness. Now that is all well and good, but remember, your body must be able to not only repair all of this damage, but also reinforce the muscle fibers by making them larger and stronger. Digging a whole is fine, as long as you not only refill the hole, but also pile some new dirt on top! Got it?

    This is where the second phase of the workout comes in (and where the magic happens)…fiber saturation. Once you have damaged the muscle fibers the goal is to now bathe them with as much nutrient/hormone-rich blood as humanly possible. That’s right, it’s time to chase the pump…big time! In other words, I don’t want you to wait to get home for the recovery process to begin. I want you to facilitate immediate repairs, and take advantage of the fact that during a workout (especially when high repetitions are involved) there is as much as five times the normal amount of blood flowing directly to the muscles than when at rest! In my experimentation with various FS protocols, I have found that what works best are: 1) Very High Repetitions, 2) Continuous Tension, and 3) Post Activation Supersets (compound movement followed by isolation movement). The goal when performing FS sets is to use a “piston-like” tempo, where the weight is almost constantly moving. There is no time for “stretch and squeeze,” as all we wish to do is force so much blood into the target muscle that it feels like it may burst! The muscle has already undergone the trauma necessary during FD, and now it is time to nourish it!

    Speaking of Nourishment…

    In order for FD/FS training to work to its potential, there is also a nutritional protocol to be used along with the program. The types of training techniques utilized during the FD phase are very brutal on both the muscles and CNS, which is why the FS stage of the workout is a necessary component. Since there will be a tremendous amount of blood traveling to the muscles during FS, we can take further advantage of this by overloading the system with certain nutrients before, during, and right after training. The period starting from right before the workout to immediately after is your greatest opportunity nutritionally to hasten the muscle building process!

    A Better Look

    Now that I have verbally bombarded you with “what’s” and “why’s” of FD/FS, lets take a look at what a typical day of training might have in store with a sample chest workout for both intermediate and advanced trainees (beginners have no place dabbling in such advanced training methods just yet).

    Intermediate FD/FS Workout:

    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
    -Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -Machine Bench Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Smith Incline Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Cable Crossover…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo)

    *Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of last three movements should be no more than 1-2 minutes.

    Advanced FD/FS Workout:


    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 + 1-2 forced reps (3/0/X tempo)
    -Smith Incline Press…2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo) or…Eccentric Only Smith Incline Press**…2 x 5-6 (6 second negatives)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -Machine Bench Press…2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Superset: Machine Dips (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) /Pec Deck (1/0/1 tempo)…1 x 20-25 each

    *Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of high rep movement should be no more than 1-2 minutes. Rest between exercises during superset should be no more than 15 seconds.
    **When performing an eccentric only set you must have one to two spotters available to lift the weight back into the start position. Remember, most trainees are 30-40% stronger when lifting eccentrically than concentrically.

    Feed the Machine

    As I discussed, the nutritional aspect of this program is almost as important as the workouts themselves. In fact, I would say that FD/FS training is about 30-40% more effective for muscle hypertrophy when the following protocol is utilized. It was not until I began using this exact approach that my gains began to skyrocket, allowing me to add about 8 lbs over a 3-week period of FD/FS!

    45 minutes before training:

    -Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
    -Waxy Maize Starch or Karbolyn…50 grams
    -Vitamin C…1000 mg
    -Phosphatidylserine…800 mg

    Sip starting 15 minutes before workout and then throughout workout:

    -Waxy Maize Starch or Karbolyn…25 grams
    -Gatorade or similar drink containing electrolytes and glucose…25 grams
    -Essential Amino Acids 5-10 grams
    -BCAA’s…15-20 grams
    -Glutamine…15-20 grams
    -Creatine…5 grams
    -Beta Alanine…3 grams

    15 minutes post workout:

    -Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
    -Vitargo or Karbolyn…50 grams


    *Other ingredients can be used as well at all three times, such as ATP, citrulline, arginine, ALA, etc, but the above is more than enough to feed your muscles what they need. Enhance results even FURTHER by including Premium Nutraceuticals products like PRODIGY, PARAGON, AND THERMADEX.

    Notes

    Because of the extremely demanding nature of FD/FS training I highly recommend that it only be utilized during periods of the year when gaining muscle mass is the primary goal. You need to be well fed and well rested to fully reap the rewards of this program. With the exception of the most advanced bodybuilders, and/or those that do not train drug-free, I do not feel that FD/FS should be used during a cutting phase.

    Further, FD/FS was not created for continual use, and should be cycled in and out of your regular training regimen, whether it be Power/Rep Range/Shock, DC, HIT, or any other method. It should only be used for 2-3 weeks periods or both physical and/or mental burnout can occur. Consider FD/FS as a “short burst” mega-mass gaining strategy!

    Oh shoot, look what time it is, I gotta go! It’s time for me to go see my psychotherapist. You see, he is a client of mine and I had him try an FD/FS workout. He is now convinced that I am completely out of my mind, and desperately need help! But I don’t think I need a therapist…only a tailor!!

    Peace Iron Warriors!

    Eric Broser is available for online training, dietary consulting, and contest preparation coaching. PM me or search me on Facebook. Thank you
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

  2. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    Amazing program brother!!!!! You are a hell of a guy and bodybuilder!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    One 'mo 'gin.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Amazing program brother!!!!! You are a hell of a guy and bodybuilder!
    Thank you my friend. Look forward to meeting you one day!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0




    So this is what you were hinting @ before.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    Thank you my friend. Look forward to meeting you one day!
    Me too!! I want an autograph!!! It's surreal being a fan of someone's then being with the same company as them!!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  7. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post


    So this is what you were hinting @ before.
    What up dude!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  8. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Me too!! I want an autograph!!! It's surreal being a fan of someone's then being with the same company as them!!!
    Ahhh man, thank you. An autograph would be my pleasure.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  9. Registered User
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,576
    Answers
    0


    I truly wish to follow your protocol. "Dont be afraid to send videos

    RECOVERBRO


  10. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    This is the article I posted that didn't win me any prodigy
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  11. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    This is the article I posted that didn't win me any prodigy
    Why would posting it win you Prodigy LOL?
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,572
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    What up dude!
    Not much you are the man.
    Need to shoot ya a few PMs...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    Why would posting it win you Prodigy LOL?
    It was tthe giveaway for your articles/pictures. Best one gets prodigy.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  14. Registered User
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,394
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for taking the time to post this up Eric.

    I have about 1.5 weeks left on cycle and I'm getting anxiety about my PCT workout plan.
    I've been doing a self modified 5x5 workout for compound lifts and then implementing some high rep drop sets at the end.
    This could be just what my muscles need to stay stimulated in PCT
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  15. Registered User
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,394
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    It was tthe giveaway for your articles/pictures. Best one gets prodigy.
    I guess he doesn't think this is the best one.
    Everyone taunt him now so he posts more
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  16. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It was tthe giveaway for your articles/pictures. Best one gets prodigy.
    LOL...I did not even know about this giveaway!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  17. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post this up Eric.

    I have about 1.5 weeks left on cycle and I'm getting anxiety about my PCT workout plan.
    I've been doing a self modified 5x5 workout for compound lifts and then implementing some high rep drop sets at the end.
    This could be just what my muscles need to stay stimulated in PCT
    FDFS can do amazing things short term.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  18. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    FDFS can do amazing things short term.
    When I cycle onto a more hypertrophy geared routine I will give this a try.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  19. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    When I cycle onto a more hypertrophy geared routine I will give this a try.
    Cool bro. Best thing to do is cycle between PRRS and FDFS. Incredible gains!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  20. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    LOL...I did not even know about this giveaway!
    Someone posted an epic Ab pic of yours that took the cake you do sit ups with a tractor on your chest bro? Wow
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  21. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,384
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    Cool bro. Best thing to do is cycle between PRRS and FDFS. Incredible gains!
    may give this a try during cycle and through out pct
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  22. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

    Someone posted an epic Ab pic of yours that took the cake you do sit ups with a tractor on your chest bro? Wow
    Excuses excuses. I think that contest was rigged! :wink:

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

    may give this a try during cycle and through out pct
    Same. Except for the cycle and pct part.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  23. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Someone posted an epic Ab pic of yours that took the cake you do sit ups with a tractor on your chest bro? Wow
    LOL, I know the one. Taken when I won the Iron Man Naturally in 2011. My lady took that shot.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  24. Registered User
    coon dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser
    FD/FS: Four Little Letters that Can Mean BIG GAINS!

    Warning: For those Iron Man readers who are afraid of stretch marks, cannot afford to purchase a new wardrobe, or simply do not want to take up more space, please stop reading this article now! Just put the magazine down, slowly back away, grab the remote, and watch some Seinfeld reruns. “No soup for you!”

    However, for the rest of you…the one’s that live to grow…sit back with your favorite protein drink, get comfortable, and read my words, because I have a feeling that what follows may be of great interest to you!

    The wonderful thing about bodybuilding is, just like life, it is a constant and ongoing learning process. Nobody has all the answers, but if you keep your eyes (and mind) open wide enough, you will slowly but surely pick up more and more pieces of the puzzle.

    Several years ago, I introduced a training system to the bodybuilding world called Power, Rep Range, Shock, which I believe contains many of these essential pieces. Most Iron Man readers are intimately familiar with my program, as I have written several articles about it right here in these pages, as well as on many sites all over the Internet. In addition, Steve Holeman and Jonathan Lawson have been utilizing P/RR/S in combination with X-Reps for the last several months, and writing about their experiences in the popular Train, Eat, Grow column.

    However, for those of you that might be new to Iron Man, and/or have not had the opportunity to read about my P/RR/S training program (what are you living under a rock?), I think it is important for me to quickly go over the main points, as it is this original program that was the genesis for the material that lies ahead. For those of you that are already P/RR/S users, consider this a quick refresher course!

    Basic P/RR/S Training

    Power, Rep Range, Shock is a cyclical approach to lifting weights in which you utilize a unique training protocol every week (in 3-week cycles), with the goal of tapping into all of the body’s various growth mechanisms. Each of the three weeks is meant to bring about a specific physiological effect, so that your body cannot adapt to any one form of training, which would eventually result in stagnation. P/RR/S addresses muscle growth from a variety of angles, and allows significant progress to take place on a very consistent, and long-term, basis.

    Week # 1 is POWER training, and it is meant to annihilate the highest threshold fast twitch muscle fibers, increase raw strength, and stimulate a greater amount of natural testosterone to course through your veins. Here is the outline for a basic POWER week, along with a sample workout for back:

    Rep Goal: 4-6
    Rest Between Sets: 3-5 minutes
    Lifting Tempo: 4/0/X
    Exercises: Mostly compound

    1-Rack Deadlift: 4 x 4-6
    2-Weighted WG Pull-ups: 3 x 4-6
    3-Underhand Grip BB Bent Row: 3 x 4-6
    4-CG Seated Cable Row: 3 x 4-6

    Week # 2 is REP RANGE training, the goal of which is tear through all the intermediary muscle fibers that lie along the continuum from Type I to Type II, induce capillarization, and to stimulate growth producing metabolic adaptations within muscle cells. Here is the outline for a basic REP RANGE week, along with a sample workout for triceps:

    Rep Goal: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20
    Rest Between Sets: 2-3 minutes
    Lifting Tempo: 2/1/2/1***
    Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

    ***1-second hold at peak contraction for certain exercises (ex. Leg Extensions).

    1-Smith CG Bench Press: 2 x 7-9
    2-Lying Triceps Extension: 2 x 10-12
    3-Rope Pushdown: 2 x 13-15
    4-Dumbbell Kickback: 2 x 16-20

    Week # 3 is SHOCK training, and a true test of your ability to withstand searing muscle pain! The burn and lactic acid that SHOCK workouts produce will help flood your system with natural GH, literally bathing your cells in one of the most powerful muscle producing, fat incinerating hormones known to science! Here is the outline for a basic SHOCK week, along with a sample workout for delts:

    Rep Goal: 8-10 (dropset is 8-10, drop, 6-8)
    Rest Between Sets: cardiovascular and mental recovery
    Lifting Tempo: 1/0/1
    Exercises: Compound, Isolation, Machine or Cable

    1-Superset: Seated Side Lateral/Behind the Neck Press: 2 x 8-10 each
    2-Superset: WG Cable Upright Row/Bent Lateral: 2 x 8-10 each
    3-Dropset: Barbell Front Raise: 1 x 8-10, drop, 6-8

    Once you have completed the 3-week P/RR/S cycle, return to the beginning and repeat, with the intention of training more intensely on the following cycle. I suggest you use the same exercises for three straight cycles, and try to lift heavier weight and/or increase your reps at each workout. After three full P/RR/S cycles either take a complete week off from the gym, or at least train at low intensity for one week to allow for repair and recovery of joints, muscles, and the CNS. Upon returning to P/RR/S, feel free to switch some or all of the exercises, and prepare to push even harder through the next three cycles.

    The Next Step

    Like I mentioned earlier, bodybuilding is a constant learning process, and a pursuit where complacency is not welcome (not under my watch!). Even though I knew I had hit upon something wonderful with P/RR/S training, I still took it upon myself to dig deeper. This led me to an advanced version of my program, which I presented to Iron Man readers in a 2006 article entitled, “Power, Rep Range, Shock 2. Variations and Advanced Techniques.” And while the protocols that I presented in that piece once again raised the bar on muscle growth, I have to admit I still remained unsatisfied and hungry for more! I suppose this relentless pursuit of better and more efficient ways to stimulate hypertrophy can be looked upon as somewhat compulsive, but long ago I decided to make it my life’s work to not only explore the outer limits of my own genetic potential, but to help as many others as possible do this as well.

    And here we are. So take a big breath, and put on some comfortable shoes, because I now invite you to take the next step!

    First Things First

    Before going forward I want to take a little time to discuss what muscle growth means and what is really happening when it occurs. Most often people relate hypertrophy to an increase in “protein synthesis,” or the production of new cellular proteins from amino acids. However, the process is far more complex than this, requiring an overwhelming cascade of physiological events to occur in a specific order, while dozens of bodily hormones and chemicals rush into action. To discuss all of this in depth would take the space of entire book, and likely bore you tears, so let’s skip to the meat and potatoes of this whole thing because I really don’t want any of you to fall asleep, or even worse, dehydrate (and besides, meat and potatoes are yummy).

    In order for muscle hypertrophy to occur, new cells (known as satellite cells) must fuse with existing muscle fibers. Normally these satellite cells are dormant, and sit “minding their own business” adjacent to muscle fiber sarcolemma.

    An intense weight-training workout can serve as a trigger for satellite cell activation, leading to the first stage of hypertrophy, known as proliferation. It is at this point that these cells will begin to divide and multiply, forming into myoblasts. The myoblasts then fuse with existing muscle fibers and donate their nuclei in a process called differentiation. Because muscle cells contain many nuclei, increasing their number allows the cell to regulate more cytoplasm, inducing more actin and myosin (the two main contractile proteins in skeletal muscle) to be produced. This increases overall cell size and protein content, leading to a larger muscle mass.
    So, in a nutshell, what bodybuilding comes down to is a continuous process of damage and repair, over and over. Hard weight training traumatizes our muscles, causing injury to the fibers, leading the body to respond by not only repairing the damage, but also making the muscle fibers bigger and stronger in the process (however, this is only if the body is given the proper rest and flooded with enough nutrients to do so).

    What this means to you is that if you are not training intensely enough to damage your muscle fibers, your body will never turn on the anabolic “machinery” necessary to force hypertrophy to take place. And, even if you do train hard enough, but don’t give your body the building blocks necessary (via food and supplements) to complete the repair and building process, you will continually take one step back, and one step forward…leaving you literally standing still.

    Enter FD/FS Training!

    FD/FS stands for “Fiber Damage/Fiber Saturation,” and is a training method I have been working with and tweaking over the last 8 months, while looking to add some significant muscle mass to areas that I consider weak points. I should mention that in no way have I abandoned P/RR/S training, but have used FD/FS to greatly augment it.

    With FD/FS the workout is basically broken into 2 phases. In the first phase (fiber damage), the goal is to utilize training protocols known to cause significant micro-trauma in the muscle fibers. As I mentioned earlier, this is a necessary step to setting the growth process in motion. The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal with the utmost precision are: 1) Heavy Weights, 2) Eccentric Emphasis, and 3) Stretch Under Tension. If you have ever performed a workout using any of these methods, you more than likely felt a good degree of soreness in the target muscles over the following days, which is indicative of the type fiber damage we are looking for. However, when all of these techniques are combined properly, you definitely will experience a whole new level of muscle pain, ache (the good kind!) and stiffness. Now that is all well and good, but remember, your body must be able to not only repair all of this damage, but also reinforce the muscle fibers by making them larger and stronger. Digging a whole is fine, as long as you not only refill the hole, but also pile some new dirt on top! Got it?

    This is where the second phase of the workout comes in (and where the magic happens)…fiber saturation. Once you have damaged the muscle fibers the goal is to now bathe them with as much nutrient/hormone-rich blood as humanly possible. That’s right, it’s time to chase the pump…big time! In other words, I don’t want you to wait to get home for the recovery process to begin. I want you to facilitate immediate repairs, and take advantage of the fact that during a workout (especially when high repetitions are involved) there is as much as five times the normal amount of blood flowing directly to the muscles than when at rest! In my experimentation with various FS protocols, I have found that what works best are: 1) Very High Repetitions, 2) Continuous Tension, and 3) Post Activation Supersets (compound movement followed by isolation movement). The goal when performing FS sets is to use a “piston-like” tempo, where the weight is almost constantly moving. There is no time for “stretch and squeeze,” as all we wish to do is force so much blood into the target muscle that it feels like it may burst! The muscle has already undergone the trauma necessary during FD, and now it is time to nourish it!

    Speaking of Nourishment…

    In order for FD/FS training to work to its potential, there is also a nutritional protocol to be used along with the program. The types of training techniques utilized during the FD phase are very brutal on both the muscles and CNS, which is why the FS stage of the workout is a necessary component. Since there will be a tremendous amount of blood traveling to the muscles during FS, we can take further advantage of this by overloading the system with certain nutrients before, during, and right after training. The period starting from right before the workout to immediately after is your greatest opportunity nutritionally to hasten the muscle building process!

    A Better Look

    Now that I have verbally bombarded you with “what’s” and “why’s” of FD/FS, lets take a look at what a typical day of training might have in store with a sample chest workout for both intermediate and advanced trainees (beginners have no place dabbling in such advanced training methods just yet).

    Intermediate FD/FS Workout:

    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
    -Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -Machine Bench Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Smith Incline Press…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Cable Crossover…1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo)

    *Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of last three movements should be no more than 1-2 minutes.

    Advanced FD/FS Workout:

    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 + 1-2 forced reps (3/0/X tempo)
    -Smith Incline Press…2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo) or…Eccentric Only Smith Incline Press**…2 x 5-6 (6 second negatives)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -Machine Bench Press…2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)
    -Superset: Machine Dips (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) /Pec Deck (1/0/1 tempo)…1 x 20-25 each

    *Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of high rep movement should be no more than 1-2 minutes. Rest between exercises during superset should be no more than 15 seconds.
    **When performing an eccentric only set you must have one to two spotters available to lift the weight back into the start position. Remember, most trainees are 30-40% stronger when lifting eccentrically than concentrically.

    Feed the Machine

    As I discussed, the nutritional aspect of this program is almost as important as the workouts themselves. In fact, I would say that FD/FS training is about 30-40% more effective for muscle hypertrophy when the following protocol is utilized. It was not until I began using this exact approach that my gains began to skyrocket, allowing me to add about 8 lbs over a 3-week period of FD/FS!

    45 minutes before training:

    -Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
    -Waxy Maize Starch or Karbolyn…50 grams
    -Vitamin C…1000 mg
    -Phosphatidylserine…800 mg

    Sip starting 15 minutes before workout and then throughout workout:

    -Waxy Maize Starch or Karbolyn…25 grams
    -Gatorade or similar drink containing electrolytes and glucose…25 grams
    -Essential Amino Acids 5-10 grams
    -BCAA’s…15-20 grams
    -Glutamine…15-20 grams
    -Creatine…5 grams
    -Beta Alanine…3 grams

    15 minutes post workout:

    -Whey Protein Isolate…50 grams
    -Vitargo or Karbolyn…50 grams

    *Other ingredients can be used as well at all three times, such as ATP, citrulline, arginine, ALA, etc, but the above is more than enough to feed your muscles what they need. Enhance results even FURTHER by including Premium Nutraceuticals products like PRODIGY, PARAGON, AND THERMADEX.

    Notes

    Because of the extremely demanding nature of FD/FS training I highly recommend that it only be utilized during periods of the year when gaining muscle mass is the primary goal. You need to be well fed and well rested to fully reap the rewards of this program. With the exception of the most advanced bodybuilders, and/or those that do not train drug-free, I do not feel that FD/FS should be used during a cutting phase.

    Further, FD/FS was not created for continual use, and should be cycled in and out of your regular training regimen, whether it be Power/Rep Range/Shock, DC, HIT, or any other method. It should only be used for 2-3 weeks periods or both physical and/or mental burnout can occur. Consider FD/FS as a “short burst” mega-mass gaining strategy!

    Oh shoot, look what time it is, I gotta go! It’s time for me to go see my psychotherapist. You see, he is a client of mine and I had him try an FD/FS workout. He is now convinced that I am completely out of my mind, and desperately need help! But I don’t think I need a therapist…only a tailor!!

    Peace Iron Warriors!

    Eric Broser is available for online training, dietary consulting, and contest preparation coaching. PM me or search me on Facebook. Thank you
    I am a new lifter and am 40lbs over weight. I need help burning fat and building muscles . I have no idea how to get started the right way. I am on supplements about 3 weeks in. I see muscles but still have a big belly and love handles. What's the best way to loss body fat? Message me if you can help.
  25. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by coon dog

    I am a new lifter and am 40lbs over weight. I need help burning fat and building muscles . I have no idea how to get started the right way. I am on supplements about 3 weeks in. I see muscles but still have a big belly and love handles. What's the best way to loss body fat? Message me if you can help.
    Lower your caloric intake below maintenance.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  26. Registered User
    coon dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Answers
    0


    I maybe to low- I'm at about 1200 calories a day. But I run for 30-45 min and life weights for about that long as well. Water all day.
  27. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by coon dog View Post
    I am a new lifter and am 40lbs over weight. I need help burning fat and building muscles . I have no idea how to get started the right way. I am on supplements about 3 weeks in. I see muscles but still have a big belly and love handles. What's the best way to loss body fat? Message me if you can help.
    One thing you will HAVE to learn is patience. 40 lbs is not disappearing in just a few weeks my friend.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  28. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,298
    Answers
    0


    Wow! So stoked to see the man himself in action on AM. I have had p/rr/s AND fd/FS set aside for the upcoming bulking months ever since I read about them, I forget where, back in like may! It's Awesome to have you here so I can potentially pick your brain on some of the protocols once I get closer to starting the programs.

    I plan on utilizing some GVT for ~8 weeks then using p/rr/s for 8, then finishing with fd/fs for 2-3 intense weeks before entering my summer cut!

    Biggest concern is utilizing fd/fs with IF protocol...
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  29. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Wow! So stoked to see the man himself in action on AM. I have had p/rr/s AND fd/FS set aside for the upcoming bulking months ever since I read about them, I forget where, back in like may! It's Awesome to have you here so I can potentially pick your brain on some of the protocols once I get closer to starting the programs.

    I plan on utilizing some GVT for ~8 weeks then using p/rr/s for 8, then finishing with fd/fs for 2-3 intense weeks before entering my summer cut!

    Biggest concern is utilizing fd/fs with IF protocol...

    Thank you so much for your kind words! Very cool to be here and I look forward to helping out as much as I can!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  30. AvD
    AvD is offline
    Registered User
    AvD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    124
    Answers
    0


    I must be living under a rock because this is my first time seeing this training protocol and man does it sound awesome!

    What split do you use for this?

    Also, little confused here, for tempo it's seconds up/seconds down/hold-squeeze???

    Thanks mate!
  31. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AvD View Post
    I must be living under a rock because this is my first time seeing this training protocol and man does it sound awesome!

    What split do you use for this?

    Also, little confused here, for tempo it's seconds up/seconds down/hold-squeeze???

    Thanks mate!
    Glad you found your way out from under that rock! Its time to GROW now! LOL.

    I do not use any general split as each person should base this off their own strength and weaknesses, time schedule and recovery abilities. I personally use a 2 day on, 1 day off, 2 day on, 2 day off split and train each muscle group once per week. I usually switch my body parts around a bit every couple of months depending on how I feel each muscle is progressing.

    As for tempo it goes negative/midpoint/positive and if there is a 4th #, that is peak contraction.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  32. Registered User
    tank316's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    280
    Answers
    0


    Eric, you created a Hybrid version..A cross between PRRS and FD/FS. Could you give some insights to this, some might find it useful, I know I did, as well as some clients!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP



  33. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,298
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tank316
    Eric, you created a Hybrid version..A cross between PRRS and FD/FS. Could you give some insights to this, some might find it useful, I know I did, as well as some clients!
    Interested as well!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  34. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    Eric, you created a Hybrid version..A cross between PRRS and FD/FS. Could you give some insights to this, some might find it useful, I know I did, as well as some clients!
    Very interested!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  35. Registered User
    hossjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    264
    Answers
    0


    This is one of the most intense and effective workouts there is. 2nd to none in my opinion. Couple this with PRRS and your body has NO CHOICE other than to grow!
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  36. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    This is one of the most intense and effective workouts there is. 2nd to none in my opinion. Couple this with PRRS and your body has NO CHOICE other than to grow!
    We built a chest on you in 6 weeks WHILE dieting using this method!!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  37. Registered User
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    401
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    Eric, you created a Hybrid version..A cross between PRRS and FD/FS. Could you give some insights to this, some might find it useful, I know I did, as well as some clients!
    I believe what you are referring to are days to combine FDFS damage protocol with a SHOCK saturation method. An example is below:

    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
    -Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -REST PAUSE: Bodyweight Dips (1/0/1 tempo)...1 x max reps, rest 15 secs-max reps, rest 30 secs-max reps
    -SUPERSET: Cable Crossover/Bodyweight Push Ups...2 x 16-20/max till failure
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  38. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,298
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser

    I believe what you are referring to are days to combine FDFS damage protocol with a SHOCK saturation method. An example is below:

    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
    -Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -REST PAUSE: Bodyweight Dips (1/0/1 tempo)...1 x max reps, rest 15 secs-max reps, rest 30 secs-max reps
    -SUPERSET: Cable Crossover/Bodyweight Push Ups...2 x 16-20/max till failure
    That looks extremely fun. Not being sarcastic. I'm really enjoying implementing lower reps and higher weights as well as RP method.. I've been experiencing solid gains strength and mass wise with very "intermediate" intensely techniques.. I am positive just from the looks of this that it would be insanely good when done properly! The one thing I am not well versed in ( but I know is essentially for this to work properly) is tempos.. Can u give a
    Brief explanation again please? Of which number is which
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  39. Registered User
    tank316's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    280
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    I believe what you are referring to are days to combine FDFS damage protocol with a SHOCK saturation method. An example is below:

    -Bench Press…2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo)
    -Incline Press…2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo)
    -Incline DB Flye…2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo)
    -REST PAUSE: Bodyweight Dips (1/0/1 tempo)...1 x max reps, rest 15 secs-max reps, rest 30 secs-max reps
    -SUPERSET: Cable Crossover/Bodyweight Push Ups...2 x 16-20/max till failure
    Yes sir, this is to what I was referring too!!! Give it a whirl gentlemen.....INTENSE!!!!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP



  40. Registered User
    hossjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    264
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    We built a chest on you in 6 weeks WHILE dieting using this method!!
    I know. I VIVIDLY remember those workouts! It was awesome!
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. PNI welcomes Eric Broser to the team so lets do a give away!!
    By bigswole30 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM
  2. Fiber Damage/fiber Saturation Training
    By datBtrue in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
  4. Fiber and PH
    By Sean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 08:34 PM
  5. Exercise Phys.- Muscle Fiber Types
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in