Pulled left groin muscle during squat.

kamen555

Awards
I'm 5ft 10in. 32 years old. 255lbs, obese. I pulled my left groin muscle today while doing a 300 lbs squat, high bar. I did 5 reps at 280 lbs, I never thought 300 lbs would hurt me. Luckily there were safety bars. I felt the muscle tore/pulled but I'm not sure of the seriousness of the injury (Grade 1/2/3). Hopefully no surgery required, maybe I need to see an orthopedist to make sure.

It's painful when I spread my left leg away from my groin, so I have a resistance band wrapped around my hips to keep the two legs close together so I can walk with less pain. I will be walking with a walking stick as I recover.

I attribute this injury to a wide feet position because I'm obese so I have big belly, hard to squat with shoulder width feet position so I do mostly sumo squats. Maybe I have bad squat technique too, I need to research more, get elitefts DVDs, etc.

I heard I won't be able to go to the gym for 1-2 months and I'm afraid of gaining more weight because I'm trying to lose weight. Target goal is 220 pounds.

flaboy727

flaboy727

Awards
I'm 5ft 10in. 32 years old. 255lbs, obese. I pulled my left groin muscle today while doing a 300 lbs squat, high bar. I did 5 reps at 280 lbs, I never thought 300 lbs would hurt me. Luckily there were safety bars. I felt the muscle tore/pulled but I'm not sure of the seriousness of the injury (Grade 1/2/3). Hopefully no surgery required, maybe I need to see an orthopedist to make sure.

It's painful when I spread my left leg away from my groin, so I have a resistance band wrapped around my hips to keep the two legs close together so I can walk with less pain. I will be walking with a walking stick as I recover.

I attribute this injury to a wide feet position because I'm obese so I have big belly, hard to squat with shoulder width feet position so I do mostly sumo squats. Maybe I have bad squat technique too, I need to research more, get elitefts DVDs, etc.

I heard I won't be able to go to the gym for 1-2 months and I'm afraid of gaining more weight because I'm trying to lose weight. Target goal is 220 pounds.
Take this time to work on your diet, you need to do more stretches before you work out and lower the weight you don't need to go so heavy high reps will burn more fat

kamen555

Awards
I did warm up and dynamic stretched before squatting but I guess I overworked my hips this time. I'm on a low carb diet, it seems this is the solution to the obesity epidemic.

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
hope you get better bro.
but dont be doing so much weight if youre just starting. There is nothing wrong with squatting 185 or even 135, as long as you have the right form and you feel the burn.
If i were you i would use this time to get the diet straight. you could even loose weight if you stay motivated.

newbreed

Awards
Whenever I have leg day, I be sure to hit the treadmill and walk at a slow pace but high incline for about 10-15 minutes then start my leg day. I also stretch between sets sometimes.

Hope you feel better. As mentioned before, I would use this time to get your diet in check. Good luck!

kamen555

Awards
It seems there is a difference in squat techniques between Olympic weightlifters and power weightlifters. I've watched Greg Everett Olympic DVD and Mark Rippetoe DVD.

1. Olympic lifters uses higher bar position, power lifters uses lower bar position
2. Olympic uses Bounces, Power doesn't
3. Olympic; eyes looks straight or slightly up, Power; head and eyes looks slightly down
4. Olympic lifts with the leg mostly, Power lifts with the butt first, then leg.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smokey8766 Injury / Rehab 37
Supplements 9
enhanced Injury / Rehab 9
enhanced Injury / Rehab 0
DaveyCrockett Anabolics 2