Leg training - AnabolicMinds.com

Leg training

  1. New Member
    eddieSt.james's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    3522

    Reputation

    Leg training


    How often should legs be trained? I usually do these once a week:
    Barbell Squats (fairly light); Goblet squats; leg press; leg extensions;
    lying leg curl; lunges; seated calf raises. Is once a week enough?

  2. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,346
    Rep Power
    1574429

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Once min, twice max IMO..

    Try adding in deads on back day for residual leg work if u want to.. I would also not neglect adductor and abductor work. Straight leg deads r great for the hams as well.

    U could consider splitting up quads and hams as well. All depends on goals and recovery.. Play around and never let your body get used to a 'routine'
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  3. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    101786

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    should and could will give you different answers. i am a fan of twice a week on most things. but if you have the time then 3-4 days can work as long as intensity and volume are balanced to match the frequency.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    phoenixx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    26

    Reputation

    So give it a couple days between hams and quads if possible I take it?
  5. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,346
    Rep Power
    1574429

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixx
    So give it a couple days between hams and quads if possible I take it?
    I just usedthis program to help strengthen my glutes and hip flexors to alleviate lower back pain and hamstring tightness. I used it for 4 weeks. After week 2 I felt amazing.

    Monday
    Sumo db squat- 3x12-15

    Glute ham bridges superset with rear leg elevated split squat 3sets of 12-15

    Overhead squat - 3 sets of 6-8

    Trap bar deads- 1 warn up x15, 2 setsx 12,10
    Finished off with a set or two of hyper extensions

    Standing and seated calf work 3 sets each

    Then wednesday I did

    Gh bridge superset rear leg el split squat 3x15

    Reverse bb lunges superset with bodyweight squats on a bosu ball 3x6 each leg (15 squats)

    Single leg bb deadlifts-2x 12-15

    Leg curls/extensions superset
    Adductor/abductor superset
    Leg press calf/donkey calf superset
    3x12-15 all

    And I did my upper body work on tues/thurs/fri
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  6. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    101786

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixx View Post
    So give it a couple days between hams and quads if possible I take it?
    if you separate quads and hamstrings how do you deads and squats? probably the 2 best mass building exercises there are????
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  7. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,346
    Rep Power
    1574429

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig

    if you separate quads and hamstrings how do you deads and squats? probably the 2 best mass building exercises there are????
    Yea you can't. You do your compounds twice a week and can separate isolations on those two days ideally
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  8. New Member
    phoenixx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    26

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I just usedthis program to help strengthen my glutes and hip flexors to alleviate lower back pain and hamstring tightness. I used it for 4 weeks. After week 2 I felt amazing.

    Monday
    Sumo db squat- 3x12-15

    Glute ham bridges superset with rear leg elevated split squat 3sets of 12-15

    Overhead squat - 3 sets of 6-8

    Trap bar deads- 1 warn up x15, 2 setsx 12,10
    Finished off with a set or two of hyper extensions

    Standing and seated calf work 3 sets each

    Then wednesday I did

    Gh bridge superset rear leg el split squat 3x15

    Reverse bb lunges superset with bodyweight squats on a bosu ball 3x6 each leg (15 squats)

    Single leg bb deadlifts-2x 12-15

    Leg curls/extensions superset
    Adductor/abductor superset
    Leg press calf/donkey calf superset
    3x12-15 all

    And I did my upper body work on tues/thurs/fri
    Thanks for posting that, I've been dealing with some lower back issues but looking to hit legs hard. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. I'll post a pic of any bosu ball injuries... not if they happen but when.
  9. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,346
    Rep Power
    1574429

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixx

    Thanks for posting that, I've been dealing with some lower back issues but looking to hit legs hard. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. I'll post a pic of any bosu ball injuries... not if they happen but when.
    Lol. I forgot to write I do my OH squats on a
    Bosu ball turned upside down with a 45lb bar. Your focus should be on going as deep as u can and opening up your hips, it's a mobility exercise, NOT strength in this case.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. advice for leg training
    By jcreedon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
  2. Milos Sarcev leg training secrets revealed!
    By OmarJackson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
  3. Leg training and shaky legs.
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM
  4. Biking, Hiking, and Leg Training Question
    By ironviking in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in