left quad sweep vs right quad sweep

1. Registered User

left quad sweep vs right quad sweep

My left quad sweep seems to be lacking in development compared to my right. I dont know why this is happening I dont know if im squatting off balance or leg pressing off balance or what, its not to bad I would just like to fix the problem while its manageable. If anyone has any recommendations on what I should do i listening.

I was thinking of adding some left legged exercises like single legs squat, lunges, single leg leg press, extensions. I would still do right leg but would stimulate it.

What you think?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    My left quad sweep seems to be lacking in development compared to my right. I dont know why this is happening I dont know if im squatting off balance or leg pressing off balance or what, its not to bad I would just like to fix the problem while its manageable. If anyone has any recommendations on what I should do i listening.

I was thinking of adding some left legged exercises like single legs squat, lunges, single leg leg press, extensions. I would still do right leg but would stimulate it.

What you think?
    a vid from the back would help in assessing whether you're dominant on one side. i know i am, my left shoulders and traps are more developed than the right. do i care? kinda, i don't want to have screwed up recruitment patterns possibly leading to injury - which in my case it has, 3 shoulder surgeries on the right, 2 on the left. something i'm working on.

but on the other hand, as long as the bar's going up...

see if you can get a vid, good luck...
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post

What you think?
    I had that problem. I believe I had it because I was a shot putter for years and the form I use involved my right leg holding my weight and I did a bunch of throws daily so I blame that. What I did was Single leg press for my left leg only at the end of my leg session. It did improve after about a year.

Did you play any sports growing up?
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by newbreed

I had that problem. I believe I had it because I was a shot putter for years and the form I use involved my right leg holding my weight and I did a bunch of throws daily so I blame that. What I did was Single leg press for my left leg only at the end of my leg session. It did improve after about a year.

Did you play any sports growing up?
    Yes i did. Football and baseball.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

I played sports as well and I have had this problem.

In sports where you sprint a lot or involve a lot of power one leg seems to develop faster than the other due to the added stress it's taking. In other words its merely specialization.

It's normal and if you're consistent with you're training things will even out on their own.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to buld left bicep to catch right
    By tubbednova in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 01:35 PM
  2. Left lat smaller than right lat
    By AM07 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 05:33 AM
  3. shot the quad
    By juststarting in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 03:42 PM
  4. 29g,5/8 slin pin for quad shot[LR3IGF 1] ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 12:23 PM
  5. Outer Quad Sweet
    By The Mayor in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 06:19 PM