Trap Injury help

ironlonghorn

Awards
A couple weeks ago im not sure when it happend but when i woke up my trap (More in the Rhom major) was very uncomfortable. Additionally, my neck is stiff to turn. Can anyone recommend some treatment besides a physical therapist?

This is my second back injury in the past year and im only 21 years old. I foam roll my back and i also do stretch and mobility warm-ups before every session yet it still occurs frequently. Can anyone think of why this is happening so often? I have my nutrition/supplementation is check and I dont feel as though im over training.

newbreed

Awards
A couple weeks ago im not sure when it happend but when i woke up my trap (More in the Rhom major) was very uncomfortable. Additionally, my neck is stiff to turn. Can anyone recommend some treatment besides a physical therapist?

This is my second back injury in the past year and im only 21 years old. I foam roll my back and i also do stretch and mobility warm-ups before every session yet it still occurs frequently. Can anyone think of why this is happening so often? I have my nutrition/supplementation is check and I dont feel as though im over training.
A chiropractor would probably be the best bet. That and some ice.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chiro won't help much as it's more likely a soft-tissue injury. Although it's still a type of foam roller, using something kneaded like a Rumble Roller would be more efficient at loosening the adhesions and increasing bloodflow into the area. Another thing that is probably present is an imbalance in the vertical flexion/extension in your template.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I've done this before and just did it again today. What ever you do don't immobilize your neck. Stretch it and keep it mobile throughout the day, apply ice and Nsaids before bed to keep the swelling down. The first time I did it I stiffened up over night and was having severe spasms to the point where I had to go to the hospital for muscle relaxants. Avoid heating the area for the first few days, and if you take a hot shower I would ice immediately after to avoid excessive inflammation. Within a week I was back in the gym, and within a 2 weeks I was back to lifting normal.

ironlonghorn

Awards
Thanks for the help guys. Ive been stretching every hour or so, using the foam roller rodja recommended, and taking anti-inflammatory medicine. My lat is getting better everyday, thanks again.

dallasboy22

dallasboy22

Awards
  • Established
I have done this off and on and about a month ago doing military press I had a sharp pain the the next to upper back. After intense pain for 2 days I went to the doc. Slipped disc in my neck and it sucks. It probably has been forming for years. Still have some numbness in my hands. Should heal on its own, but be careful and possible go get a X-ray to see how the vertebrae are aligned.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com