x2 Week Bodypart Workout Routine Ideas ? - AnabolicMinds.com

x2 Week Bodypart Workout Routine Ideas ?

  1. Stroke UR Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    x2 Week Bodypart Workout Routine Ideas ?


    I currently workout by -

    Chest/Triceps/Calfs
    Legs/Abs
    Shoulder/Back/Biceps
    REST (one day)
    Chest/Triceps/Calfs
    Legs/Abs
    Shoulder/Back/Biceps ..etc


    But I'm tired of having to hit the gym on different days eg. Last Sunday was Chest, this Sunday is Legs

    So does anyone have any recommendations ? ideas ?

    I want to do both high and low volume too (which I do now)

  2. hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,439
    Rep Power
    2612247

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    focus on a "day of the week" routine, for exmple:

    m-off
    t-legs
    w-chest/tri
    t-off
    f-back/bi
    sat-off
    sun-delts/traps

    if i miss a gym day i make it up on an off day...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,439
    Rep Power
    2612247

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    personal preference but i wouldnt do calves and then legs, but my calves are naturally big so im biast
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    •   
       

  4. ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297848

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego View Post
    I currently workout by -

    Chest/Triceps/Calfs
    Legs/Abs
    Shoulder/Back/Biceps
    REST (one day)
    Chest/Triceps/Calfs
    Legs/Abs
    Shoulder/Back/Biceps ..etc


    But I'm tired of having to hit the gym on different days eg. Last Sunday was Chest, this Sunday is Legs

    So does anyone have any recommendations ? ideas ?

    I want to do both high and low volume too (which I do now)
    How do you do both high and low volume? I'm assuming one of your workout days is high reps the other lower reps?

    How about a simple upper/lower split?
  5. Stroke UR Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    How do you do both high and low volume? I'm assuming one of your workout days is high reps the other lower reps?

    How about a simple upper/lower split?
    Yes, but sometimes I may do 5 or 4 sets (depending on the exercise) with 2 being low and the other 2 high


    I'm considering doing upper/lower split but I like hitting the gym alot
  6. funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    31347

    Reputation

    If you wanted to do all body parts 2x a week then I would do:

    Mon: chest/shoulders/ tri/ back
    Tues: legs/calves/biceps/ forearms/ abs
    Wed: rest
    Thurs: same as mon
    Fri: same as tues
    Sat: rest/cardio
    Sun: rest/cardio

    That's what I do and I have seen great results from it. You can actually flip those exercises however you want.
  7. GaDawgs29's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    232

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    How do you do both high and low volume? I'm assuming one of your workout days is high reps the other lower reps?

    How about a simple upper/lower split?
    Was going to suggest same thing
  8. Stroke UR Ego's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    If you wanted to do all body parts 2x a week then I would do:

    Mon: chest/shoulders/ tri/ back
    Tues: legs/calves/biceps/ forearms/ abs
    Wed: rest
    Thurs: same as mon
    Fri: same as tues
    Sat: rest/cardio
    Sun: rest/cardio

    That's what I do and I have seen great results from it. You can actually flip those exercises however you want.
    Can you give me an example of exercises done in a day eg. Mon- chest = flys flat bench etc
  9. funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    31347

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego

    Can you give me an example of exercises done in a day eg. Mon- chest = flys flat bench etc
    Monday/thurs: flat or incline bench, flat or incline DB press, cable flys, pull ups, rows, power or hang cleans, military press or upright DB press, upright rows or lateral raises, CGBP, skull crushers or tricep press downs.

    Tuesday/Friday: squats, Romanian dead lifts, hamstring curls, leg extensions, calf press/raise, various bicep curls, forearm curls, various abs.

    Hope this helps. You can do a high volume routine Monday and Tuesday, then a low volume heavy routine on Thursday and Friday.
  10. asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    101790

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    what are your goals? how long have you been lifting consistently? how long have you followed your own programs? how long have you followed proven programs? how are your results over the last few years?
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  11. jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,191
    Rep Power
    6705997

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Layne Norton's PHAT?
  12. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Monday/thurs: flat or incline bench, flat or incline DB press, cable flys, pull ups, rows, power or hang cleans, military press or upright DB press, upright rows or lateral raises, CGBP, skull crushers or tricep press downs.

    Tuesday/Friday: squats, Romanian dead lifts, hamstring curls, leg extensions, calf press/raise, various bicep curls, forearm curls, various abs.

    Hope this helps. You can do a high volume routine Monday and Tuesday, then a low volume heavy routine on Thursday and Friday.
    If you cut the amount of lifts per session in half, it could work, but I doubt you'll be able to go through that many sets with a solid level of intensity.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    31347

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    If you cut the amount of lifts per session in half, it could work, but I doubt you'll be able to go through that many sets with a solid level of intensity.
    I half agree with you. It can work, I was giving example of lifts for each body parts. When I do it, number of sets are low per body part. I kind of base it on DC training.
  14. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    I half agree with you. It can work, I was giving example of lifts for each body parts. When I do it, number of sets are low per body part. I kind of base it on DC training.
    Using your example for Mon/Thu, you have 10 lifts with many of them overlapping muscle/movement patterns, not to mention you have a VERY high imbalance of internal:external rotation.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. funkd0c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    31347

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Using your example for Mon/Thu, you have 10 lifts with many of them overlapping muscle/movement patterns, not to mention you have a VERY high imbalance of internal:external rotation.
    Touché. I wasn't specific enough. 1 exercise per muscle group is common for me. But I can agree with the imbalance of internal/external rotation. Can you give me an example of a more balanced day using same muscle groups.
  16. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Touché. I wasn't specific enough. 1 exercise per muscle group is common for me. But I can agree with the imbalance of internal/external rotation. Can you give me an example of a more balanced day using same muscle groups.
    First, I'd cut out half of the flys and upright rows completely. They both tend to lead to impingements just by their ROM. After that, I'd pick one out of the clean and/or press group and rotate them from session to session. Next, I'd some facepulls in-between sets of your DB presses and, finally, superset either WYTs or external rotations with a cable or band with your final triceps exercise.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Idea for new workout routine. What do you think?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 06:41 PM
  2. Lagging bodypart routine idea... Comments/Suggestions?
    By Gator762 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
  3. Post your entire workout routine. :)
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:17 AM
  4. West-Side Workouts Routine!
    By Dynomyte001 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 01:31 PM
  5. hows your workout routine on T1-pro
    By IMPQ in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO