SERIOUS muscle asymmetry problem

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.12%

SERIOUS muscle asymmetry problem

Okay my right bicep and tricep are noticably bigger than my left bicep and tricep. Right now its only really noticable if you look close and look for it. I tried fixing it by using dumbells and making sure each arm does the same amount of work. But here is the problem: it turns out that my smaller arm is actually stronger. If I curl, row, bench, kickback etc. I can always feel it more in my right arm even if I use dumbells to make sure both arms do the same amount of work. I tried it for many months and I still feel like my right arm is the one thats getting worked more. I was thinking maybe its irreversible and Im just gonna have to live with. Then I realized that if my right arm just keeps getting worked more that will only make the problem worse. And most things I read on asymmetry said it's not just something you can live with, you need to fix it or it will get worse and eventually you will be huge on one side and small on the other and it will look very strange and unnatractive. There HAS to be something I can do to fix this right? Help me out

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.61%
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Kidcudi View Post
    Okay my right bicep and tricep are noticably bigger than my left bicep and tricep. Right now its only really noticable if you look close and look for it. I tried fixing it by using dumbells and making sure each arm does the same amount of work. But here is the problem: it turns out that my smaller arm is actually stronger. If I curl, row, bench, kickback etc. I can always feel it more in my right arm even if I use dumbells to make sure both arms do the same amount of work. I tried it for many months and I still feel like my right arm is the one thats getting worked more. I was thinking maybe its irreversible and Im just gonna have to live with. Then I realized that if my right arm just keeps getting worked more that will only make the problem worse. And most things I read on asymmetry said it's not just something you can live with, you need to fix it or it will get worse and eventually you will be huge on one side and small on the other and it will look very strange and unnatractive. There HAS to be something I can do to fix this right? Help me out

I use to have lots of worries about the body being unbalanced and also feared that when i start getting bigger that my body will look ridiculously uneven. Whatever article you read that was saying that 'you need to fix it or it will get worse' is in very RARE cases that you will end up with a awkward looking body. The human body can NEVER be completely proportional, EVER. If this is a big concern for you i would have your spine alignment taken a look at by a professional bc if you have an uneven alignment and you get that fixed by a chiropracter and go to a physical therapist, that will help tremendously (if you see a chiro make sure he is a reputable and VERY good one bc it can either make you better or make you worse). I've learned to just live with it, bc im right handed my left body has the better look to it bc the left arm has a more natural stroke. Even when im boxing my left arm punches are almost perfect but the right arm has more power, same with when im lifting, my left arm has the perfect form but my right arm can pull/push heavier weights (not by a lot). If you have the money and some sort of health insurance that covers chiros and PT then go for it, but i guarantee you that no one here has anywhere near a perfectly proportioned body. Please do thorough research on the right chiropractor. Btw no matter how uneven your left and right is feeling don't start doing more reps/sets on on side than the other. Don't focus on heavy weights until you know for sure that you have PERFECT immaculate form! Hope this helps!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.12%

Okay today I benched and lowered the weight a little and kept the bar straight with perfect form but still could only feel soreness and pump in my right (bigger) arm...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.26%

lol do Not read up or take a look at making any muscle smaller to make things symetric. To bring up lagging parts it takes years not months. Isolation and slow steady individual gains will keep lagging parts catching up quicker.

Similar Forum Threads

1. A great stack for serious muscle gain.
    By thehulk98 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
  2. serious muscle loss
    By njsurfer507 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 05:17 PM
  3. Serious blood flow problem to ankles/feet...
    By JassUSMC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
  4. Tip for Problem Muscles
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 02:36 PM