Pain in knee after squat injury?

mweaver84

Awards
A little over 2 weeks ago I injured my back doing squats with bad form. Pretty sure I just got lazy... wasn't even a lot of weight. My back was hurting so bad I had to call into work the next day couldn't even sit up. Hurt pretty for about a week and a half.

Fast forward 2 weeks and my back is fine now but there is pain still in my right knee. The pain only comes when I take my shoe off on my right foot. Taking it off the lazy way, stepping on the heel of the shoe and slide your foot out. My knee is perfectly fine doing anything else, full range of motion with no pain. Pain is on the outside of my knee.

I haven't attempted doing any leg exercise since then, just been taking it easy until everything feels normal. There is also a very dull pain on the top of my right foot...

Anyone experience or heard of anything like this before??

Thanks!

loganchristop

Awards
You should go and consult a doctor because only then you will surely know what's wrong with your back.

I don't recommend any other advice than a doctor's advice when it comes to things like this

mweaver84

Awards
My back is fine now, yes I know they can be related, but I was just wondering if anyone has had or heard of anything like this....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your form sucks, then you already found the solution to your problem.

mweaver84

Awards
If your form sucks, then you already found the solution to your problem.
lol, duhhhh ty for that. Yes, I already did state the cause of the problem. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and what it might be. Will probably go to the doctors next week sometime...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
lol, duhhhh ty for that. Yes, I already did state the cause of the problem. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and what it might be. Will probably go to the doctors next week sometime...
I think you missed the point here. Fix your form and buy appropriate shoes and you'll be fine. Until then, focus on unilateral movements to strengthen the VMO and to stretch the fascia of the hips.

mweaver84

Awards
I think you missed the point here. Fix your form and buy appropriate shoes and you'll be fine. Until then, focus on unilateral movements to strengthen the VMO and to stretch the fascia of the hips.
I'll definitely make sure to fix the form. A guy I work with recommended I also buy a weightlifting belt too (which I have already done).

I'll work on strengthening the VMO and stretching. Googled some exercises I'm going to try out before attempting any heavy squats again. Good tips! Tyvm!!

loganchristop

Awards
A belt isn't necessary but I feel what you say because I had the same problems like you because I didn't warmed up properly most of the time and used bad form because I was lazy.

Fixed the form + pumped dem legs and it went ok :)