HELP: AM I OVER TRAINING!?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Answers

HELP: AM I OVER TRAINING!?

Currently I am doing the ROTC program with my college, so in the mornings, around 6 i run between 3-5 miles. then either right after, or later at night ill go to the gym on my own and do weight training. is that too much? should i wait a few weeks to get used to the running? any advice would be great. thanks ya'll

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Read the overtraining article that was just posted on the homepage.

I don't think we can tell you if you are or are not as we are not your body and that will be the best way to tell if overtraining is occurring.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lukedubas View Post
    Currently I am doing the ROTC program with my college, so in the mornings, around 6 i run between 3-5 miles. then either right after, or later at night ill go to the gym on my own and do weight training. is that too much? should i wait a few weeks to get used to the running? any advice would be great. thanks ya'll
    Only you can answer this. If your still progressing and feel ok, then your probably not overtraining. Everyones capacity is different and there are tons of variables.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

It might be a shock to the CNS to jump in balls-deep, but if you stick with it you'll adapt. Just eat appropriately for recovery.

My one suggestion is that if you can work out at night instead of immediately after running, do so.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    It might be a shock to the CNS to jump in balls-deep, but if you stick with it you'll adapt. Just eat appropriately for recovery.

My one suggestion is that if you can work out at night instead of immediately after running, do so.
    Splitting them up is good. I prefer to lift in the AM and run at night if I am doing both, but since you have ROTC you probably don't have that option.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I know what true overtraining is.Not going to get into it but one simple thing to know is how your feeling and if you find yourself looking up overtraining signs/symptons ect... then its a very,very good chance your overtraining.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

There's no way for us to know if you are based off the very small amount of information you provided.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

My opinion- if you're hitting your macros and making sure youre eating a good amount of carbs and protein in the morning you should be good to hit the gym. As cliche as it sounds, just make sure youre on point with drinking alot of water during the time period when youre running and weight training!
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Under recovery seems more applicable. Eat like your supposed to and get your sleep in adequate amounts. You will adapt
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

At 6' 245lb I hope you're taking in 4000kcal or more per day, otherwise you are likely overtraining
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyG View Post
    At 6' 245lb I hope you're taking in 4000kcal or more per day, otherwise you are likely overtraining
    Hes got a point. Also i would never run 3-5 miles and hit the gym after with out getting in some meals in between. Unless lifting and strength isnt a focus then dont switch things.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Am I over training?
    By killamac27 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 06:58 PM
  2. am i over training?
    By hellohendo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 05:23 PM
  3. Am I over training?
    By powerhouse21 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 07:23 PM
  4. Am I over-training or am I just weak?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 08:27 PM
  5. Am I Over Training?
    By Unbreakable in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 11:02 PM