Sauna / steam room after lifting?
- 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
- 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM
In general, it can be therapeutic, but as for directly post-workout, I personally don't know of any direct correlation.Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Theraputic. Good for sweating out toxins (common cold, post-drinking, etc.). Its not bad for off days followed by some foam rolling and stretching.
As for recovery or benefits post workout, I don't see much.
Maybe pre-workout for 5 minutes if its winter in a cold environment.
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
I have found the benefits of bikram yoga extremely helpful. Its not exactly the same but sort of a parallel, in regards to the heat and sweating so I figured I would share. It has decreased my recovery time, increases my ROM and strength through the ROM in all areas. It has increased feelings of well being and focus. Also it has helped correct a few of my imbalances and weaknesses.
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
I use 3-4 times /week 15-20 min post.
09-15-2012, 02:56 AM
I usually hit the sauna when I hit my cutting stage. It helps reduce the bloated look and helps reduce the water weight. At the same time it helps reduce muscle soreness. As stated above in earlier replies it is therapeutic.
Similar Forum Threads
- By FitModel in forum Weight LossReplies: 7Last Post: 03-21-2009, 03:53 PM
- By loki82 in forum Weight LossReplies: 19Last Post: 12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
- By Grifty McGrift in forum Training ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 05-10-2004, 07:30 PM
- By JohnGafnea in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 03-23-2003, 07:42 PM
- By JohnGafnea in forum Training ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-05-2003, 06:32 AM