CAN I MAKE WEIGHTS HEAVIER?

  1. New Member
    AmazingAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    55.61%

    CAN I MAKE WEIGHTS HEAVIER?


    My gym has rubber weights that only go up by 10lbs. I hear of magnets but they are expensive and also since weights are rubber idk if they will stick? Can i tape something to it? Any advice?

  2. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48049
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingAJ
    My gym has rubber weights that only go up by 10lbs. I hear of magnets but they are expensive and also since weights are rubber idk if they will stick? Can i tape something to it? Any advice?
    What kind of gym only has weights up to 10 pounds?
    Sounds like you need to find a new gym.
    Peace
  3. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,639
    Rep Power
    2788150
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    42.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post
    What kind of gym only has weights up to 10 pounds?
    Sounds like you need to find a new gym.
    Peace
    agreed
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    AmazingAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    55.61%

    No the preloaded barbellls go from like 40..50....60 ect. Any advice?
  5. New Member
    Philshred's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    24215
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    18.35%

    You could get bands to increase the tension
  6. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35038
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.23%

    Aside from the preloaded bars, there are no free weights? not to be condescending, but that sounds like my wifes gym, find another.
  7. New Member
    AmazingAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    55.61%

    There are olympic bars and dumbells. Im mainly concerned about barbell curls
  8. New Member
    Aznmonk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    3886
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    78.52%

    Free weight Training> Machines and rubber weights Go Heavy or Go home
  9. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,049
    Rep Power
    3128069
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Have someone sit on the bar while you curl it.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  10. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42912
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingAJ
    There are olympic bars and dumbells. Im mainly concerned about barbell curls
    Your mainly concerned about barbell curls?? Are you trolling? Is this a joke? Bench, squat, deadlift. Those 3 lifts by themselves will make you and your arms huge.
  11. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42912
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz

    Your mainly concerned about barbell curls?? Are you trolling? Is this a joke? Bench, squat, deadlift. Those 3 lifts by themselves will make you and your arms huge.
    Along with proper diet.
  12. New Member
    Danimozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    42912
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%

    And if you think I'm BSing you I'll tell you this... I used to do tons of barbell curls and other stuff like flyes and leg extensions and stuff and I gained next to no strength or muscle. When I started doing the big 3 however my strength and size skyrocketed. And I guarantee everyone on this forum would back me up on that
  13. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,049
    Rep Power
    3128069
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz View Post
    And if you think I'm BSing you I'll tell you this... I used to do tons of barbell curls and other stuff like flyes and leg extensions and stuff and I gained next to no strength or muscle. When I started doing the big 3 however my strength and size skyrocketed. And I guarantee everyone on this forum would back me up on that
    Except for trapp mann!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  14. Senior Member
    soul0wner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,865
    Rep Power
    945631
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz
    And if you think I'm BSing you I'll tell you this... I used to do tons of barbell curls and other stuff like flyes and leg extensions and stuff and I gained next to no strength or muscle. When I started doing the big 3 however my strength and size skyrocketed. And I guarantee everyone on this forum would back me up on that
    Amen brother
  15. New Member
    Aznmonk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    3886
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    78.52%

    Boom! the big three!
  16. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35038
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.23%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazingAJ View Post
    There are olympic bars and dumbells. Im mainly concerned about barbell curls
    Reason you can't do curls with an olympic bar?
  17. Senior Member
    benmayro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    169356
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aznmonk
    Boom! the big three!
    I like to add one to the big 3. cleans! the big 4!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  18. New Member
    Callejul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    4428
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    8.61%

    I like the big two..... Clean & Jerk and Snatch ( + variants of these )
  19. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35038
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.23%

    Dips and pullups finish things off nicely
  20. New Member
    rw357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    2617
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    45.81%

    I got my first every noticeable stretch marks and these were in my arms. This is after 15 years of on and off working out and being able to squat 455x6 at 170lbs (I couldn't hit 170bls now for million dollars). I got them when I stopped doing arm exercises. I came to a point where I couldn't fit arm exercises into my main workout and I just stopped. I actually got stronger arms by not doing arms and just doing more serious compound movements.

    The only caveat I would add to the big three is that you have to do a pig pull. At least for me, with my genetic predisposition and work life, I need to do more upper back than chest/ant delts. I bet a good percentage of the population is that. I don't think I will ever stop doing bent over barbell rows, I consider them as important as squat for me.
  21. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35038
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.23%

    Quote Originally Posted by rw357 View Post
    I got my first every noticeable stretch marks and these were in my arms. This is after 15 years of on and off working out and being able to squat 455x6 at 170lbs (I couldn't hit 170bls now for million dollars). I got them when I stopped doing arm exercises. I came to a point where I couldn't fit arm exercises into my main workout and I just stopped. I actually got stronger arms by not doing arms and just doing more serious compound movements.

    The only caveat I would add to the big three is that you have to do a pig pull. At least for me, with my genetic predisposition and work life, I need to do more upper back than chest/ant delts. I bet a good percentage of the population is that. I don't think I will ever stop doing bent over barbell rows, I consider them as important as squat for me.
    Regardless of my routine, I always have a Row of some type, be it barbell, dumbbell, whatever. I also always have some type of pullup, and another minor low weight high rep pull (been using face pulls with the tricep rope for a while now, I feel a great mind/muscle connection with rear delts with these).
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. can i make mohn with 151?
    By powerlifter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 12:04 AM
  2. when u take a form of test can it make u tired
    By bigrich954rr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 10:35 AM
  3. Can't gain weight
    By Ebankls in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 08:43 PM
  4. Can I make my M-5AA 20mg per ml?
    By friction515 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 09:28 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in