Opinions on Program

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The first 2 weeks will be all sets of 10 to build my base back up after football season since i have not lifted regularly during the year. After the first 2 weeks I will work down to 8's 6's and even down to 4's at about 12 weeks.

Monday

Bench Pess Flat Bar-4 SETS
Back Squat-4 SETS
Bench Press Incline DB-4 SETS
Step Ups-3 SETS
Flys Flat-3 SETS
Leg Curls-4 SETS
Tri EXT-3 SETS
Lunges-3 SETS
SkullCrushers-3 SETS

Tuesday

Power Cleans-4 SETS
Sh. Press-4 SETS
Shrugs DB-4 SETS
Shrugs Bar-4 SETS
Deadlift-4 SETS
Sh. Raises-3 SETS
Neck-3 SETS

Wed-OFF

Thurs

Incline BP Bar-4 SETS
Back Squat-4 SETS
Flat DB BP-4 SETS
Step Ups-4 SETS
Incline Flys-3 SETS
Leg Curls-4 SETS
Tri Ext-3 SETS
Lunges-3 SETS
Skullcrushers-3 SETS

Friday

Power Cleans-4 SETS
Sh. Press-4 SETS
Shrugs DB-4 SETS
Shrugs Bar-4 SETS
Deadlift-4 SETS
Sh Raises-3 SETS
Neck-3 SETS

I will do abs Mon Wed Fri during this time. I know a lot of you will think this is CRAZY overtraining but i had really good gains last year off a similar program last year....Feel free to add in lifts or sets or whatever you feel should be changed cuz i really wana hear your imput...thanks a lot guys..

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'm stil gonna say that's overtraining, not only for a specific muscle group but on your CNS

i'd throw out some of that stuff and alternate them each workout
like mondays do you really need to do both step ups and lunges?
why not pick one each monday and alternate?

jmo
good luck man

R

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats very true with the step ups and lunges...last year i only did step ups on thursday and never did lunges..it probably is too much doing both on both days.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
looking more at it do you need both bar and db shrugs in the same workout? also cleans and deadlifts in the same workout would destroy my CNS and i'd need a lot of time to recover

instead of working each muscle group 2x a week as you are doing now why not spread it out 1x over the course of the week?

keep in mind you don't grow in the gym, you grow out of the gym while resting and recovering

muscles don't need to be constantly beaten up, in fact they need quite the opposite

i have to run to my contracts class now but i would definitely consider splitting monday and tuesdays workouts up over the course of the week (plus its almost counter productive to be in the gym longer than an hour)

just my 2 cents
glen