Muscle group twice per week - AnabolicMinds.com

Muscle group twice per week

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Muscle group twice per week

Anybody know of any good routines to hit a muscle group twice per week? I had before, but was training 6 days a week with it- it was a tad too much. Im looking to continue putting on more size. Ive always hit legs twice a week. Wonderig what you guys recommend. I appreciate any advice
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What muscle groups are you looking at hitting twice per group? Because some get hit twice per week on a normal split anyway (i.e. Abs, biceps, triceps, legs (to a degree if you deadlift on back day) etc.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it'd be nice to hit chest and back twice, or at least alternate hitting either of twice. I deadlift on quads day along w Romanian so I guess I already hit back twice
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i do every body prt once a week..train 4-5 days a week...I dont like over training and like time to rest and eat and repair.I have always made gains ,always....and never do any bdy prt 2 times a week,its over kill to me,unless your juicing then you can train until your blue in the face.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Layne nortons phat routine is good... Or westside for powerlifting. Once a week is good, most ill do is 3 times in 2 weeks like doggcrap
    CELTIC LABS REP
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Training 2+ times a week will not result in overtraining if you can program and periodize sensibly. Hell, even if you can't, you probably won't even reach a phase of overreaching
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdb2 View Post
    Training 2+ times a week will not result in overtraining if you can program and periodize sensibly. Hell, even if you can't, you probably won't even reach a phase of overreaching
    "if you can program and peiodize sensibly" a lot of people have trouble with this
    someone who is used to training once a week with higher volume may have trouble dropping down the volume to train it twice a week
    CELTIC LABS REP
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs

"if you can program and peiodize sensibly" a lot of people have trouble with this
    someone who is used to training once a week with higher volume may have trouble dropping down the volume to train it twice a week
    I agree with this. I usually do a few sets for each group.

Upper & Lower each twice per week (2 upper sessions/2 lower sessions). Split up for heavy & light sometimes and adjust the reps and sets appropriately and eat good and sleep...
    Do the cardio on my off days sometimes or 15-20 minutes after I lift. Just got back on this routine.
    The 5 day a week split only works if you are lifting hard. Some people ain't hitting it hard enough.
    People need to try different routines & see what works best for their bodies.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Chest/Back
    Legs
    Off
    Chest/Back
    Legs
    Off or whatever you want
    Off

Basically Upper/Lower like Aaron said
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by broda
    Chest/Back
    Legs
    Off
    Chest/Back
    Legs
    Off or whatever you want
    Off
    What about the arms & shoulders?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    What about the arms & shoulders?
    I edited. My keyboard is broken so it takes forever to type stuff out with a damn on screen keyboard, lol
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Oh & make a strong focus on TUT & negative...

Slow going down gives a good burn & control it. Some people focus so much on just getting the weight "up" drop it slow and you will be using the muscle a great deal vs. just lifting the weight up & should see a nice increase in gains.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Oh & make a strong focus on TUT & negative...

Slow going down gives a good burn & control it. Some people focus so much on just getting the weight "up" drop it slow and you will be using the muscle a great deal vs. just lifting the weight up & should see a nice increase in gains.
    Def! Controlled movements!

Look into DC training : ) if you give it a fair shot you won't regret it...
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

I appreciate all the responses. lookin at DC right now. I do also like chest/back together if I do it right. and with the TUT-that's what got my chest out of a plateau...
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

5/3/1
    westside

or any 4 day split with an upper/lower focus
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM
  2. each muscle twice a week or one?