The Primordial Off-Season Adventure of SnagencyV2.0

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

  1. His loyalty is second to none, Dotel has looked pretty good, had 20 saves for the pirates in 2010....jus sayin'
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    His loyalty is second to none, Dotel has looked pretty good, had 20 saves for the pirates in 2010....jus sayin'
    nah - he's been tried as closer couple different times, couple different places.
    he's too one-dimensional, needs to vary his speeds to home plate better..too predictable.
    but - he's better than val-worry.

    on another note:
    looky what i found fellas.
    thought it would go good when i'm watching Dexter tonight.



    i also found these - my kids will enjoy them.



    (i'm sure i'll have to taste test to make sure they're okay for them)

  3. It's 6 in one, half dozen in the other at this point....


    Looking at a Cali Pizza Kitchen Za for next carb up ;-)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  4. They are awesome. I have liked every CPK I have had. Although Home Run Inn frozen pizza is still my favorite. Midwest guys should know what I am talking about.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  5. i've never been a big frozen pizza guy.
    love me some Pizza Hut tho....
    random: Dick Freeland, he opened the first Hut right here in town, now owns 44 restaraunts, still lives here too..
    you guys oughtta see his house, it's ungodly ginormous and phat.
    57,000 sq ft (including guesthouse) makes it the biggest residence in the state.
    no expense spared..marble and rich beautiful wood everywhere..
    it's got a movie-theater in there, with a life-size screen, automatic temperature control/lighting..
    i could go on and on. crazy kewl joint.


  6. lil pic from today.



    workout was solid (if not a lil painful from joints being tight from food overload hehehe), strength fair.
    once again loved the quicker pace (45-60sec rest) of today's set-up.

    10x3, 45/60sec rest
    A1) bb bench
    A2) bb bent rows

  7. finally got to work out today..clean & press was very cool (very draining tho!)

    weight at 204.2 upon rising..
    backed up the insane cal day with more 5k days, turned it into a full-on gain week..
    not the brightest thing to do tho - increasing cals at the simultaneous onset of reduced/nill activity.
    however - end result (ie moving the scale) was accomplished.

  8. solid workout today - if one can get excited over doing arms.
    the decline close-grip bench presses kept things interesting, and i didnt get too crazy on bb curls..
    good day.

    the next month of the plan looks like this:
    (there will be no set off days for me, as i train while my schedule allows)

    MONTH 2
    Monday (Chest and Back, 10x3, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 5RM)
    A1) Bench Press
    A2) Bent Over Rows

    Tuesday (Calves, Legs, and Shoulders, 5x5, 2 mins rest, load 5RM)
    A1) Leg Press
    A2) Calve Press in Leg Press
    B) Clean and Press from Floor

    Wednesday (Biceps and Triceps, 10x3, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load5RM)
    A1) Decline Close Grip Bench Press
    A2) Barbell Curls

    Thursday OFF

    Friday (Chest and Back, 3x10, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 10RM)
    A1) Bench Pres
    A2) Bent Over Rows

    Saturday (Biceps and Triceps, 3x10, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 10RM)
    A1) Decline Close Grip Bench Press
    A2) Barbell Curls

    Sunday OFF

  9. nice bench/bent row session this day..kept the bench at decline again and did bench at that angle instead of flat.
    this is the FRI training in the planned layout.

  10. Jeez, that's quite a home...all built on a solid foundation of dough and red sauce.

    Pizza and Dexter...I think we're living the same lives. - I can't wait for tonight's episode!

    Workout looks great, Snag. How's your recovery? I imagine you're feeling pretty solid/dense with all those cals.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Jeez, that's quite a home...all built on a solid foundation of dough and red sauce.

    Pizza and Dexter...I think we're living the same lives. - I can't wait for tonight's episode!

    Workout looks great, Snag. How's your recovery? I imagine you're feeling pretty solid/dense with all those cals.
    missed last night's epi, was out of town at casino, no showtime.
    but - i did dvr it, and will watch it tonight. (no spoilers please)

    as for recovery - i mean, i think it's been pretty solid yeah, and i do feel dense, but damn man - caloric ingestion is absurd.
    i'm going back to a slight deficit/maintenance for awhile, to shake the metabolism up again, see if i can get it to more efficiently..i'm sure i'll lose some poundage in the process (of course), but that's what this trek is all about for me - keeping things clean and lean.
    i don't want to weigh 250 if 50lbs of that is fat, nahwhutimean?
    i'm beginning to think i'd do well if i can maintain 200lb range and just dial in macros to maintain while slowly cutting to ~4-5% range.

    SUN 10-21
    arms (decline close grip/standing bb curls)

    MON 10-22
    off

  12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    missed last night's epi, was out of town at casino, no showtime.
    but - i did dvr it, and will watch it tonight. (no spoilers please)
    off
    I dont run, i make other people run...

  13. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I dont run, i make other people run...
    lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..ironically , i just got done watching it, saw this..

  14. I just finished it myself. Good episode. I saw a bottle of Jack3d in Speltzer's RV. I lulzed.

    I don't blame you for dropping the cals. You have been taking in a lot; that's not easy work, and from my own experience, never made me feel too great. I always felt sluggish when I was taking in 4k+ cals/day. But, with the recovery your body is going through, I imagine it's good for you at the moment.

    Are you doing any cardio/athletics? Tennis?

    I'm putting in about 20-25mi/wk of running. I haven't upped my cals too much yet, but I'd like to bump up my miles to around 35-40/wk. - It doesn't sound like a lot, but wholly crap, when you're lifting 4-5x/wk AND doing those runs, your body is beat down. I just started the D-Stunner, CreaMono and Agmatine a couple weeks ago. I've actually put on a few pounds from that even with no calorie bump. I imagine it's the water.

  15. soooo..the jack3d made spelzer do it!

    yes IC - taking in that many cals is a lot of work, and i don't know if it's the way i want to continue going.

    metabolism is spiked despite the lack of tennis/cardio, decreased time in the weight room as well..that's what makes it doubly weird.


    flat bench/bent-row combo today..solid session, went a bit heavier than last week

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I just finished it myself. Good episode. I saw a bottle of Jack3d in Speltzer's RV. I lulzed.
    hahahahahaha i have it on my dvr, i am going to check it out again.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    solid workout today - if one can get excited over doing arms.
    the decline close-grip bench presses kept things interesting, and i didnt get too crazy on bb curls..
    good day.

    the next month of the plan looks like this:
    (there will be no set off days for me, as i train while my schedule allows)

    MONTH 2
    Monday (Chest and Back, 10x3, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 5RM)
    A1) Bench Press
    A2) Bent Over Rows

    Tuesday (Calves, Legs, and Shoulders, 5x5, 2 mins rest, load 5RM)
    A1) Leg Press
    A2) Calve Press in Leg Press
    B) Clean and Press from Floor

    Wednesday (Biceps and Triceps, 10x3, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load5RM)
    A1) Decline Close Grip Bench Press
    A2) Barbell Curls

    Thursday OFF

    Friday (Chest and Back, 3x10, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 10RM)
    A1) Bench Pres
    A2) Bent Over Rows

    Saturday (Biceps and Triceps, 3x10, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 10RM)
    A1) Decline Close Grip Bench Press
    A2) Barbell Curls

    Sunday OFF

    how quick are these workouts... I have been doing a higher volume rep scheme for a while, i would love to try this out....

  18. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    how quick are these workouts... I have been doing a higher volume rep scheme for a while, i would love to try this out....
    pretty damn quick.
    most are no longer than 30min..longest is the 10x3 chest/back day, approaching ~40min (esp if i throw in some ab work)


    WED 10-24
    legs/shoulders

  19. on
    Monday (Chest and Back, 10x3, 45 sec to 1 min rest, load 5RM)
    are you taking that rest between your bench and row? or is it bench then row then rest

  20. ^^ the latter.
    you could do it either way tho i spose.

  21. couple pics of snag lately.

    after work


    preworkout



    this morning

  22. Looking fuller, those extra cals seem to have worked nicely. Also appears you become more casual as the day goes on, haha.

    Go Tigers!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  23. awesome pics brother...

    Did your leg workout last night. Awesome. added some core work, In and out of the gym in under an hour and slept like a baby....

  24. @ DW - dem damn tigers man.
    i figured they'd (SF) be pesky, picked DET in 6, but now i dunno..if tigs can pull this off at all i'd be surprised quite honestly, and if they do i see it going 7 games.
    haven't given up hope (oh HELL no) don't get me wrong, just think SF may be charmed this season.
    i mean, 6 straight wins when facing elimination this postseason......you start to
    but anyways yes bro - go tigs.

    @huggy - glad you liked man.
    i'm already thinking ahead to the next 4 week block (8-4-4 and 6-12-25 drop sets roll-in woohoo!), and then beyond that back ot my one-basic-bodypart-per-day, 5x weekly plan -- a setup that i feel has always been the best stimulus of everything i have ever done.

    oh - today btw i was a freakin beast in training - i mean i was strong, energetic, joints felt good..
    and it was arm day.
    well, got a good one in, did some abs too..
    locking down diet tight for awhile, try to tighten things up a bit, slowly.

  25. after work i am doing my first session of 10x3 ever.... Pretty excited... How are the pumps?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    after work i am doing my first session of 10x3 ever.... Pretty excited... How are the pumps?
    pretty damn solid..i'm swole after every session, but yeah these are kinda special .

  27. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    pretty damn solid..i'm swole after every session, but yeah these are kinda special .
    cant wait.... Leg workout was good, good soreness after... MMA the next night was a pain, literally, lol...

  28. another nice workout session this day..feeling really full, getting some lines back..

    FRI - off
    SAT - chest/back
    SUN - arms/abs

    on the downside:
    TRS is coming to an end.

  29. 10 x 3 was no joke. Very cool stuff snag...

  30. 10x3s are some of my fav days on that program.



    nothing really new or special here for sustenance, but - an example of reigning in the dietary discourse.
    meals are a bit smaller, and numerically have dwindled by 1 at this point..



    5oz lean beef, ketchup & mustard
    7oz sweet potato, salt & pepper
    couple cups veggies
    (not pictured, 1 scoop shake myofusion cinnamon roll flav)
    ~500cals here, intake goal for day ~3850 ON days/~3350 OFF days

  31. absolutely fantastic training session this day as i enter 3rd week of format..strength was great, drive was high, no injury issues or soreness -- felt great! as mentioned, TRS is done now, so supplement use now looks like this for awhile:
    multi
    fish oil
    Axon
    cissus
    super pump max


    foods used
    protein: lean beef, tuna, chicken breast, turkey breast, deli cuts, cottage cheese, protein powders (mostly isolates)

    fats: whole eggs, butter, heavy whipping cream, coconut butter, almond butter,peanut butter, raw almonds, coconut/almond milk

    carbs: potatoes, oats, black beans, jasmine rice, brown rice syrup, honey, pineapple, 15-grain bread, sierra mist & various low-fat cereals (postWO)

  32. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    absolutely fantastic training session this day as i enter 3rd week of format..strength was great, drive was high, no injury issues or soreness -- felt great! as mentioned, TRS is done now, so supplement use now looks like this for awhile:
    multi
    fish oil
    Axon
    cissus
    super pump max


    foods used
    protein: lean beef, tuna, chicken breast, turkey breast, deli cuts, cottage cheese, protein powders (mostly isolates)

    fats: whole eggs, butter, heavy whipping cream, coconut butter, almond butter,peanut butter, raw almonds, coconut/almond milk

    carbs: potatoes, oats, black beans, jasmine rice, brown rice syrup, honey, pineapple, 15-grain bread, sierra mist & various low-fat cereals (postWO)
    Awesome!!! Love the detail in this log...

    10x3 on arms felt great btw!

  33. got some catching up to do here..
    workouts been going well, diet in check and reduction in cals has gotten weight back down to 203ish.

    TUE - off
    WED - legs/shoulders
    THUR - bi/tri
    FRI - off

  34. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    got some catching up to do here..
    workouts been going well, diet in check and reduction in cals has gotten weight back down to 203ish.

    TUE - off
    WED - legs/shoulders
    THUR - bi/tri
    FRI - off
    I understand, in mourning for the tigers. It's taking a toll on everyone....
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I understand, in mourning for the tigers. It's taking a toll on everyone....
    indeed.
    them fawkers got declawed without any anesthetic.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    indeed.
    them fawkers got declawed without any anesthetic.
    could be worse... My brother and law is a panthers/south carolina fan... it was like a sports armegeddon this weekend lol...

  37. Snags, i had some canned mackerel, with lemon, cilantro and onions last night... IT WAS AMAZING... took 5 minutes to make and you can get canned Japanese mackerel from restaurant places for about 2 bucks a can....

  38. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    from restaurant places for about 2 bucks a can....
    holy mackerel, sounds fishy to me..

  39. love some stanky fish in a can.... sardines are a regular in my pantry
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  40. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    holy mackerel, sounds fishy to me..
    my buddy got it from some store that only caters to restaurants.... I am going to tag along next time and report back!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Adventures of Judo Josh
    By JudoJosh in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
  3. Last Day Of The 30% Off Sale!
    By Eric Potratz in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 03:31 PM
  4. what would i gain the most off of
    By gyno4445 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
  5. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Log in
Log in