WS4SB 3 help!

  1. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    WS4SB 3 help!


    Even very interested in trying this program for rugby training.
    Extremely confused though as to the main core exercise, say you choose bench press for Max upper lift, do you do this every max upper or switch through like chins, mil press...
    How does this workout hit the big lifts if you kinda do some of them 1 time per week or every other week. Input Appreciated.
    An example of someones would be ever better.
    Off season rugby training: so strength is key but also conditioning

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    The ME is switched every 1-3 weeks (depends on experience and training level). Do you have the ebook?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  3. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    The ME is switched every 1-3 weeks (depends on experience and training level). Do you have the ebook?
    I was reading the PDF articles he wrote for each of the programs, idk if that is the ebook though?
    So if you chose bench for 1-3 weeks, then you would stop and do say weighted chins for 1-3 weeks?
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    I was reading the PDF articles he wrote for each of the programs, idk if that is the ebook though?
    So if you chose bench for 1-3 weeks, then you would stop and do say weighted chins for 1-3 weeks?
    Training at that high of a % on a given lift for that period of time is counterproductive. This is one of the foundations of the conjugate system.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  5. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Training at that high of a % on a given lift for that period of time is counterproductive. This is one of the foundations of the conjugate system.
    Man this system is hard to follow lol.
    So like 1 week bench, 1 week chins? Etc, per say?
    Or am I totally off?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Man this system is hard to follow lol.
    So like 1 week bench, 1 week chins? Etc, per say?
    Or am I totally off?
    Correct. I liked to use floor press, bench, dips, and chins for upper and deads, box squats, and squats for lower while I was using WS4SB.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  7. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Correct. I liked to use floor press, bench, dips, and chins for upper and deads, box squats, and squats for lower while I was using WS4SB.
    Ok thanks, well I love the dynamicness of this program. But for rugby do you think this would encompass everything to be a top level player on the physical sense? As in hit everything needed?

    And if it's not to much trouble you seem to know a ton about this, for a rugby player 5'10" 225lb ~12% bf and tons of lifting experience could you lay out the basics of the program? Not like on depth with sets/reps I understand that part just the basic lift rotation as I feel I will f it up and end up doing lateral raises as a ME lift lol
  8. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Ok thanks, well I love the dynamicness of this program. But for rugby do you think this would encompass everything to be a top level player on the physical sense? As in hit everything needed?

    And if it's not to much trouble you seem to know a ton about this, for a rugby player 5'10" 225lb ~12% bf and tons of lifting experience could you lay out the basics of the program? Not like on depth with sets/reps I understand that part just the basic lift rotation as I feel I will f it up and end up doing lateral raises as a ME lift lol
    The book covers what you need to know.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  9. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    The book covers what you need to know.
    Is that just the PDF journal he has?
    And I need to do cleans, can i just throw them in lol
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Is that just the PDF journal he has?
    And I need to do cleans, can i just throw them in lol
    Yes and why do you need to do cleans? DeFranco is actually against cleans as they require a high amount of time devoted to just them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  11. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Yes and why do you need to do cleans? DeFranco is actually against cleans as they require a high amount of time devoted to just them.
    Our team does them during season, so I have to work on them in the offseason to be ready. Time commitment? I could see that for beginners, I usually just go in and bust them out. In our sports training center they had us superset front squats with planks, and power cleans with pull ups
  12. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Our team does them during season, so I have to work on them in the offseason to be ready. Time commitment? I could see that for beginners, I usually just go in and bust them out. In our sports training center they had us superset front squats with planks, and power cleans with pull ups
    As in the time it takes to teach the technical precision required for a power clean and in the proper energy system environment along with the unique footwear. They are an exercise that requires complete recovery and low reps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  13. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    As in the time it takes to teach the technical precision required for a power clean and in the proper energy system environment along with the unique footwear. They are an exercise that requires complete recovery and low reps.
    I see. I usually do mine with 4 sets of 3 reps , 2-3 min rest between sets or ss with another lift.
    It seems like WS4SB is pretty broad. If I used it as a template and maybe put in some cleans and military press and possibly front squats during dynamic would I be shunned from their society lol. It's just I need to do mil press for rugby for lifting in lineouts, really no way around it.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,563
    Rep Power
    1215354
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    60.38%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    I see. I usually do mine with 4 sets of 3 reps , 2-3 min rest between sets or ss with another lift.
    It seems like WS4SB is pretty broad. If I used it as a template and maybe put in some cleans and military press and possibly front squats during dynamic would I be shunned from their society lol. It's just I need to do mil press for rugby for lifting in lineouts, really no way around it.
    Military press is in the template, but not as a ME. IIRC, there aren't any BB movements on the DE for lower, but you can make them a ME.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  15. New Member
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4425
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    1.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    Military press is in the template, but not as a ME. IIRC, there aren't any BB movements on the DE for lower, but you can make them a ME.
    Right on dude, thanks for all your help! I did the RE upper workout today and loved it! So I'm gonna try and stick to it best I can
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
  2. Help Me Choose- HST or WS4SB
    By N.Woods Giant in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
  3. WS4SB type workout routine help
    By austinfrench5 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 11:38 AM
  4. Need Help: I got Sore Nipples!
    By Big Masa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 02:31 AM
  5. final help
    By shady in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-25-2002, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in