Blast Training System - AnabolicMinds.com

Blast Training System

1. New Member

Blast Training System

As anybody tried this routine?
    Is fairly new and u do have to pay wich makes it more inconvenient to a lot of us :.. But out of curiosity I bought it and tried it ... Felt awesome ... If ur looking to CUT I recomend it ... But if looking to gain strenght and size, prob not the best ... Ull get some sick pumps and they will stay with u for days if u do the routine correctly ...

Anyways has any one else tried it? I'm about to start it again (after 3 moths of pure compounds and strength training, u would call it a bulk maybe)

2. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ive never even heard of it before. Can you give some details on what the program looks like?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Another p90x/insanity ECP?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

I know what you are talking about- It is Ryan Hughes Blast training system. He is an IFBB Physique Pro. Used to be sponsored by Gaspari Nutrition.
    I can give you guys a sample of one of his workouts. I have used it and loved it. There are quite a few workouts for each Muscle group so it changes up weekly if you want.

Sample
    Decline Bench Press: 12, 10, 8, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20
    Increasing weight until 6 reps, then back down in weight.
    Incline Dumbbell Press: 8, 8, 8, 8
    Increasing weight with each set. If you fail to reach reps, pause and continue.
    Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 10, 10, 10, 10
    Increasing weight with each set. If you fail to reach reps, pause and continue.
    ---superset with---
    Smith Machine Press: 4 sets to failure
    Moderate weight, reps should be between 12-20.
    Cable Flyes: 150 total reps
    Moderate weight, take as many sets as you need to hit the target reps.

Hope that helps give you an Idea of what it is.
  5. New Member

^^ you felt a pump doing a million sets?? Interesting . . . Seriously though it's just a high volume routine. Nothing new, nothing ground breaking, and you won't look like him after 3 weeks. Age old debate volume vs frequency vs intensity
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.

Changing workouts weekly is not the best idea IMO. You need some continuity just to be able to measure progress.
  7. New Member

Sorry been out of the map for a bit. Well good to know some ppl out there are doing it as well

NOTE, I'm not a promoter nor even work for the guy or anything, just like the program and well why not share it with my AM community

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    Changing workouts weekly is not the best idea IMO. You need some continuity just to be able to measure progress.
    Most workouts have a Heavy set on em ... Most of the heavy sets are a compound movement, such as BP, Squats, Deads, etc etc ... So u basically base ur progress on those ... You DON'T have to switch it ... There's a few I like so I stick to those come out to a 2,3 sometimes 4 week rotation before I do the same work out again
    But I'm a sucker for Squats, BP, Inc DB press, Deads and Pull-ups ... So odds are of it doesn't have in it, I'll change one for it or not do that routine at all ...
    There's about 50 routines total in the book so, u can literally have a work out for years to come and never really get bored (expect for the high intensity)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you think of my training system
    By iForce Dave in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 03:54 PM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
  4. Multiple blasts hit London transport system
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat