Massive Calf Cramping Issue...

S

SeniorXJ

Awards
-Ok so i know theres tons of info on this cramping topic & what to do & stuff to take to help, but this cramp is only in my left calf & its actually the thin muscle running up & down the side of the shin bone. What happens is i hop on the treadmill & within 5 min both calfs are cramping. After another 5 min, my right calf cramps completely go away BUT the left on gets worse & worse untill the pain is no longer tolerable or the muscle seemingly locks up!!

-Ok so heres what i did & took to prepare for my workout, a good amount of water & stretching, 6+ grams of Taurine, 1g of vit-c, 1g of magnesium, popped 4 potassium pills, 3gs of citrulline malate, 2250mgs of Beta Alanine, 500mgs of Agmatine, 200mgs caffeine, 5mg of liquid Albuterol , 5mgs of GW-501516, 800mgs of ibuprofin, & other micro nutrients & common supps. I also stretched & massaged in muscle rub 2hrs before my run & then again right before my workout. Now this is my biggest effort to date & yet the same thing still happened!!

-Im 6'0, 255lbs, 35yrs old, im not on any ASS but will change that as soon as i get my cramping issue out of the way.

-So please reply if u know of a remedy that i didnt mention on here...

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
could this be shin splints

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
could this be shin splints
Yeah could be shin splints.
I get them bad. Get new running shoes if yours are old. If you get a chance run outside in the grass, a lot easier on the pounding then a treadmill. once you start building up and balancing your calves/shins it will likely go away.
Also you can warm up by walking on your heels/toes

S

SeniorXJ

Awards
I have fairly new Reebok RealFlex running shoes so the footwear is not the issue. Shinsplints seems likely but i havent been running long enough to put that much pressure/damage on them. If anything, its from lack of use as i have zero cardio output & have to work hard at it to get cardio improvements out of my body!! Im one of those guys whos big naturaly, builds up strength & size fast, but has sh!t for cardio!!

F

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
-Ok so i know theres tons of info on this cramping topic & what to do & stuff to take to help, but this cramp is only in my left calf & its actually the thin muscle running up & down the side of the shin bone. What happens is i hop on the treadmill & within 5 min both calfs are cramping. After another 5 min, my right calf cramps completely go away BUT the left on gets worse & worse untill the pain is no longer tolerable or the muscle seemingly locks up!!

-Ok so heres what i did & took to prepare for my workout, a good amount of water & stretching, 6+ grams of Taurine, 1g of vit-c, 1g of magnesium, popped 4 potassium pills, 3gs of citrulline malate, 2250mgs of Beta Alanine, 500mgs of Agmatine, 200mgs caffeine, 5mg of liquid Albuterol , 5mgs of GW-501516, 800mgs of ibuprofin, & other micro nutrients & common supps. I also stretched & massaged in muscle rub 2hrs before my run & then again right before my workout. Now this is my biggest effort to date & yet the same thing still happened!!

-Im 6'0, 255lbs, 35yrs old, im not on any ASS but will change that as soon as i get my cramping issue out of the way.

-So please reply if u know of a remedy that i didnt mention on here...
I get this from aas. Massive pump down there, much pressure on nerves. Drop the caffeine and taurin, everything that push your blood pressure and or NO level.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Also you may want to look into sports induced compartment syndrome. When blood fills up in your calves it causes pressure to build up because it can't expand in the fascia. They can test for it by sticking a needle in your calf and checking the pressure then have you run until it hurts then check it right then and see if it went up a lot

F

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Also you may want to look into sports induced compartment syndrome. When blood fills up in your calves it causes pressure to build up because it can't expand in the fascia. They can test for it by sticking a needle in your calf and checking the pressure then have you run until it hurts then check it right then and see if it went up a lot
Interesting....

F

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Yeah it is, they can fix it by cutting small slits in the fascia, but I guess it isn't a very pleasant feeling lol
Sounds painful. Theoretically you can archive the same with injections in that muscle. Stretches the faszia from the inside...

F

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
What kind of injections? Like aas?
Aas or seo (site enhancement oil, sytherol). A lot of people use it for faszia stretching. The oil disappears after a couple of weeks leaving space (for new muscle). But Jesus don't think about it, you really have to be a injection guru to make everything correct. This is not an advice just a information.

S

SeniorXJ

Awards
Some deffinately interesting replies here! Im gonna go with shin splints since its not even the calf muscle thats the issue. Its the long skinny muscle that runs along side my left shin that flexes when u pull ur toes upwards. The right one cramps up too, but it quickly goes away while my left one gets worse & worse. Plus this only happens when i run which points to the impact of running as this problem doesnt exist on the eliptical machines. Im also not on any AAS (yet), so i guess ill just have to increase the cardio slowly till it goes away & the muscle gets used to it.

F

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Some deffinately interesting replies here! Im gonna go with shin splints since its not even the calf muscle thats the issue. Its the long skinny muscle that runs along side my left shin that flexes when u pull ur toes upwards. The right one cramps up too, but it quickly goes away while my left one gets worse & worse. Plus this only happens when i run which points to the impact of running as this problem doesnt exist on the eliptical machines. Im also not on any AAS (yet), so i guess ill just have to increase the cardio slowly till it goes away & the muscle gets used to it.
Wish you luck with your problem bro.

B

boogyman

Awards
Compartment syndrome can cause nerve damage and even cause death. If you think this is a possibility, I would go get it checked out.