delts

  1. New Member
    @57's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    70.5%

    delts


    my delts look small compared to my tris and chest, and i am looking to add more size to them. i have worked out legs, chest and back twice a week before, but have never done the same with delts. has anyone had success hitting their delts twice a week or has it been counterproductive?

  2. New Member
    niZmo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    28
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    56.67%

    I do delts with my biceps, usually twice a week, and I have seen good progress..if I may suggest an exercise; Arnold Presses.
  3. Advanced Member
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46443
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    82.89%

    Try this workout out.. It's pretty intense (ss = Superset)

    Smith Machine Shoulder Press
    ss
    DB Side Raises - 4 sets

    Cable Side Raises - 4 sets

    DB Rear Delt Raises
    ss
    DB Front Raises - 4 sets

    Reverse Pec Dec - 4 sets

    Shrugs - 4 sets
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    @57's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    70.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by niZmo View Post
    I do delts with my biceps, usually twice a week, and I have seen good progress..if I may suggest an exercise; Arnold Presses.
    thanks man. and yeah, i love arnie presses.

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588 View Post
    Try this workout out.. It's pretty intense (ss = Superset)

    Smith Machine Shoulder Press
    ss
    DB Side Raises - 4 sets

    Cable Side Raises - 4 sets

    DB Rear Delt Raises
    ss
    DB Front Raises - 4 sets

    Reverse Pec Dec - 4 sets

    Shrugs - 4 sets
    thanks. i have never hit reverse pec decs before.
  5. New Member
    JustDiesel11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    656
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    70.23%

    Reverse Pec Dec is where its at
    Last edited by JustDiesel11; 07-25-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,764
    Rep Power
    1317343
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    30.74%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    It's sad that so few still do/recommend standing overhead presses.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  7. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928438
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    This^^^^ I just started doing a delt floor press from pins in a pwr rack....very humbling!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    17833
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's sad that so few still do/recommend standing overhead presses.
    Or any oly lifts. My shoulders are the result of clean and press and snatches. 1 arm snatches took it to a new level.

    Op I have a thread in the natty BB section called progression and persistence. Some videos of snatches / 1 arm snatches. It may prove helpful.

    Oly lifts. Standing presses, face pulls are my favorite delt exercises.
  9. Elite Member
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,131
    Rep Power
    2907555
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    42.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11

    Or any oly lifts. My shoulders are the result of clean and press and snatches. 1 arm snatches took it to a new level.

    Op I have a thread in the natty BB section called progression and persistence. Some videos of snatches / 1 arm snatches. It may prove helpful.

    Oly lifts. Standing presses, face pulls are my favorite delt exercises.
    Between you and rodja, Great suggestions. My shoulders were built on standing mil press, push press, hang cleans and power cleans, and the occasional clean and press. Incorporate one or two of those and use your smith presses and dumbell movements once a week and youll have some swole ass delts.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  10. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    17833
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I love face pulls for rear delts. I used to do up right rows with a lean, but I find face pulls a lot less stressful

    (facepulls = seated rows to face)
  11. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    5371257
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    19.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I agree with OHP, but also, you dont need to front raise if you bench; especially if your technique could be better. Most people have overdeveloped anterior deltiods from hitting them way too much
  12. New Member
    @57's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    70.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDiesel11 View Post
    Reverse Pec Dec is where its at
    i'll be hitting these on delt day this weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Or any oly lifts. My shoulders are the result of clean and press and snatches. 1 arm snatches took it to a new level.

    Op I have a thread in the natty BB section called progression and persistence. Some videos of snatches / 1 arm snatches. It may prove helpful.

    Oly lifts. Standing presses, face pulls are my favorite delt exercises.
    ill check out the thread and videos. thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I love face pulls for rear delts. I used to do up right rows with a lean, but I find face pulls a lot less stressful

    (facepulls = seated rows to face)
    great. thanks.
  13. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    17833
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I agree with OHP, but also, you dont need to front raise if you bench; especially if your technique could be better. Most people have overdeveloped anterior deltiods from hitting them way too much
    Agreed. I would say most have under developed posterior delts.

    I always focus on posterior delts so I have a nice place for the bar to sit when I squat... Bro science right there, but it has made a good impact aesthetically if nothing else.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best for rear delt mass?
    By handzilla in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 01:41 AM
  2. Chest and Delts - Train Separately or together
    By LunaHotel in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
  3. 2.5ccs too much for delt?
    By John Black in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 12:41 PM
  4. 4ad into left delt
    By TopBanana81 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:10 PM
  5. Really Painful Poke in my delt, normal?
    By celldamaga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in