home training vs gym training

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I think home. I worked out at home for a year, then a gym for about a year and a half and recently switched back to home for personal reasons. I find that for the most part I can get a more intense workout at home. I don't ever need to wait for equipment, I can blast whatever music I want and just start screaming or doing whatever to get me psyched for a lift. Also for me in Canadian winter...it is alot easier to say "well time to go into my gym room and lift some heavy ass weight!" then it is to go "well time to drive to the gym that in normal conditions is a 15 min drive but in this **** is nearly an hour!!!!!". The olympic weight set and squat rack I bought recently is probably the best investment I've ever made.

Also this part may sound weird...but when I feel like its time to up the weight and go buy some more plates mentally for me I have motivation to keep progressing and never get weaker...cause those are my plates that I paid my hard earned money for so I better be able to keep lifting em all! Lol

2. Home all the way for me, but I have a pretty extensive setup. This was 2 years ago. I've added since then.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qjNZJjPf3M
    •   

3. So.who.home trains

4. I'm thinking about getting "The Rack" I saw adertised on TV. It's on sale at Target. The guy in the commercial was pretty jacked so its gotta work. It's my New Years resolution to get swole and jacked at home. I hope it comes with a gift card for Muscle Tech Mass Gainer, then I'd be set.

Home workouts here I come!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

5. i do most of my training at home. when i can there is small private gym i go to. a new place just opened up last week which was the sort of merger of an athletic training facility and an old powerlifting gym that both closed. i am thinking of dropping in once and a while.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   

6. Yes, best of both worlds. I have a killer home gym, and 3 minutes from me I'm a member of a commercial gym.
    Nice to have options..

7. Home Gym IMO is the best. I have a pretty extensive set of equipment: power rack, ironmaster smith machine, ironmaster DBs and various martial arts/ boxing equipment.

I'm out there every morning at 6 AM. My own music, no waiting for equipment, loud as I want it to be and no one bothering me with "questions" or "suggestions". Only downside is the cash layout but beats monthly "fees". Lol
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

8. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Home Gym IMO is the best. I have a pretty extensive set of equipment: power rack, ironmaster smith machine, ironmaster DBs and various martial arts/ boxing equipment.

I'm out there every morning at 6 AM. My own music, no waiting for equipment, loud as I want it to be and no one bothering me with "questions" or "suggestions". Only downside is the cash layout but beats monthly "fees". Lol
    Lucky man
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

9. I'm super lucky and blessed but this gym was the result of years of saving and doing without. Here is a picture:

Attachment 72282
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

10. "I'm super lucky and blessed but this gym was the result of years of saving and doing without. Here is a picture:" (from kenpoengineer):

Outstanding !

11. Its defintely not a waste of time but i just love the gym atmosphere and train at a much higher intensity
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. training at home vs gym?
    By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. Diet on training days VS non training days..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
  3. Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 11:41 AM
  4. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
  5. Replies: 9