Lumbar Laminectomy - AnabolicMinds.com

Lumbar Laminectomy

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Lumbar Laminectomy

I'm getting surgery on my lower back and the doctor told me that after the surgery I would not be able to lift heavy again. Have anyone been through this before? What did you do because this is going to suck?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.

Never gone through this myself, thank god, but I do/did work work with a guy who had to have this done, due to pretty bad back pain. Doctor said his recovery would be 3 months, and then light duty on the job (ER nurse), he did all the physical therapy and was pretty aggressive about it, but smart as well, and back at work with no limitations and zero pain after 2 months.

Don't know if this helps, as I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't lift since he works about 8 days a week. Maybe someone else on here can chime in?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Yeah my job, I don't do any heavy lifting and I've been out the gym since the end of April. Idon't have the surgery until the end of August but if I pick up anything of be on my feet for a good while, my butt down to my legs get knumb. Yeah my doctor said that I should be out after surgery for 6 weeks. Also with three of my disc deteriorating that also sucks.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lower lumbar strain
    By MaDmaN in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 08:14 AM