Time between sets?
- 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
- 07-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Rest periods can vary based on what type of training you focus on. If you're aspiring to gain strength primarily, rest periods between sets of heavy compounds might come in the range of two to three minutes or more. For hypertrophy focused workouts, evidence exists that a shorter rest period such as the 30 to 45 second range you mentioned might be more productive. In the end, rest should be dictated by your own physiology and what makes you progress more than a set dogma.
- 07-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that's basically my understanding.
Similar Forum Threads
- By dlutz74 in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 01-27-2009, 09:32 AM
- By burnuphard in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-26-2005, 04:09 PM
- By supersoldier in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2004, 09:01 AM
- By Jinx in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-19-2004, 12:04 AM
- By candle25 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 34Last Post: 12-21-2003, 03:54 PM