Any truth to the articles I have read???

  1. New Member
    FloridaRoofer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  142 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%

    Any truth to the articles I have read???


    According to many online articles I come across, you should only train any one muscle group once a week. Could there any truth to this? I know you wouldn't wat to train one muscle group two days in a row but can you really maximize your results by only hitting a muscle group once a week? I seem to get decent results by training the way i do...
    Monday- pecs/triceps (heavy wieght, lower reps)
    Tuesday-shoulders/biceps
    Wednesday-off
    Thursday-pecs/triceps (light wieght, higher reps)
    Friday- back/shoulders
    Now this routine doesn't include legs because i am a roofer and carry heavy materials up a ladder every day. So, could i be getting even better results if i restructured my routine? Could i be over training? Keep in mind i'm not trying to get huge, i just want to be a strong 150lb man that is really toned/cut.

  2. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,744
    Rep Power
    2817749
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    69.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    if it works stick with it, articles are guidelines and opinions, obviously recovery plays a big role as well
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Senior Member
    asooneyeonig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,253
    Rep Power
    106510
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    32.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yes and no. advanced bodybuilders that require massive volume per body part, once a week is great for them. the other 99.999999% of the worlds population can make progress that way and with 3 or more times a week. it all depends on other variables like intensity and volume. those plus frequency are all interrelated. change one you have to change the other or you will get sub optimal results.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    GeovanniG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    63
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    69.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig
    yes and no. advanced bodybuilders that require massive volume per body part, once a week is great for them. the other 99.999999% of the worlds population can make progress that way and with 3 or more times a week. it all depends on other variables like intensity and volume. those plus frequency are all interrelated. change one you have to change the other or you will get sub optimal results.
    agree. But age also plays a big part in all this. Th older you are, the slower you recover, the less you train the body part.
    Be sur to visit my site at http://maxweights.blogspot.com/ (copy and paste)
  5. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,727
    Rep Power
    1317324
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    28.84%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    0 "truth" to them and do legs. Lifting some stuff on a ladder is just rationalizing to yourself not to do legs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  6. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48050
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    0 "truth" to them and do legs. Lifting some stuff on a ladder is just rationalizing to yourself not to do legs.
    Agreed.
  7. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48050
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

    Quote Originally Posted by GeovanniG

    agree. But age also plays a big part in all this. Th older you are, the slower you recover, the less you train the body part.
    I take exception to this, I'm 46 and I do full body workouts 3 times a week.
    Everyone is different.
    Peace
  8. New Member
    FloridaRoofer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  142 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%

    Thanks for the input.
  9. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35039
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%

    I also agree. My brother is a roofer, and I recently got him to start doing legs. His upperbody gains are coming much faster now, he had been pretty much stalled for a while on most gains.
  10. New Member
    Grmlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    82.12%

    Powerlifters train everything 2x/week. They're not exactly small.
  11. New Member
    Jameson653's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    96.95%

    I did a 5 day routine similar to that. Strength upper/lower on weekends and hypertropy chest and delts/back/legs during the week with arms incorporate in. My body struggled at times to keep up, I borderline overtrained i think but I had great results. Now I am once a week but I will go back to 2x a week in a month or so


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297851
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    77.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaRoofer View Post
    Now this routine doesn't include legs because i am a roofer and carry heavy materials up a ladder every day. So, could i be getting even better results if i restructured my routine? Could i be over training? Keep in mind i'm not trying to get huge, i just want to be a strong 150lb man that is really toned/cut.
    NO real evidence to support any of that.

    And train your legs. Watch how much faster/easier you move up and down a ladder with 50 pounds on your back after you have strengthened you hips and quads.

    Br
  13. New Member
    Jameson653's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    96.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    NO real evidence to support any of that.

    And train your legs. Watch how much faster/easier you move up and down a ladder with 50 pounds on your back after you have strengthened you hips and quads.

    Br
    ^^^ I agree


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. New Member
    FloridaRoofer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  142 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    37.75%

    Thanks again. I suppose I have some re-tooling to do so i can fit in the legs.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. any truth to the rumor that
    By ezjax in forum Supplements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
  2. Any truth to the EPI into phera/DMT talk??
    By Max32 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 11:51 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 12:33 PM
  5. Any truth to this
    By BAD_MO_FO in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in