masters programs

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Begining my search for masters programs in human performance/ strength and conditioning. The two definites right now are springfield college and appalachain state. Any other notable programs you feel I should consider?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What do you want to do with it? Do you want to work with teams/individuals as a strength coach, or do you want to work (or go for a phd) at a lab doing research?

I recommend Springfield College, but then again I might be a bit bias (I got my MS and am finishing my PhD there). For the size of the school, those of us in the human performance lab and strength and conditioning facilities are quite spoiled.

Br

EDIT: If you want to do human performance research and work in a lab, Dr. Triplett at ASU has put out some great stuff.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Ideally, I'd like to work with teams as a strength coach. I've been looking/ leaning towards Springfield for some time now but was looking for any outside advice just to make sure I hadn't overlooked another option.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ideally, I'd like to work with teams as a strength coach. I've been looking/ leaning towards Springfield for some time now but was looking for any outside advice just to make sure I hadn't overlooked another option.
If that's what you want then Springfield is your best option. I can tell you about the people from my class who are now working for either professional, semi-pro, or collegiate teams across the country. Plus, our strength and conditioning facility is similar that of D1 schools:
http://www.spfldcol.edu/homepage/dept.nsf/8E6381720976A352852573FA00635C9A/B4FB4B35BA9B97A7852578F0005EF15C

Br

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
I was hoping you'd respond seeing as you're one of the more knowledgable posters but I didn't know you actually attended there. I appreciate the advice