INNER UPPER CHEST DEVELOPMENT

1. INNER UPPER CHEST DEVELOPMENT

Any one got some exercises to build the inner upper chest for that v neck t shirt.

2. Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    Any one got some exercises to build the inner upper chest for that v neck t shirt.
    Guillotine Press is a good movement for the upper chest .. Adjust arm width to targer inner/outer pectorials. Just be careful, it's a dangerous exercise and is quite taxing on your front deltoids. Try to use a light/moderate weight. Good luck

3. I dont really think there is a way to target your inner chest. Just doing regular and incline pressing movements and having a good diet will eventually fill your chest out to where you can notice a good "valley" on it.
    •   

4. Incline pressing will build up the upper chest (obviously) but I've found I "feel" the tension in the inner upper area when I use a slightly narrower than shoulder width grip. It might not work for you, but it'd be worth a shot!
    Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.

5. This is a more difficult area to hit but not impossible. Try incline db presses palms facing in. Twist the db inward @ the top of the contraction like a arnold press. I also find that high cable crossovers help with this area. Make sure your hands are crossing not just meeting in the middle. U need to alternate the top hand. Good luck!!
    "Liver stress is weakness leaving the body!!"

6. Quote Originally Posted by abot

Guillotine Press is a good movement for the upper chest .. Adjust arm width to targer inner/outer pectorials. Just be careful, it's a dangerous exercise and is quite taxing on your front deltoids. Try to use a light/moderate weight. Good luck
    Agree on guillotine presses on an incline. Bring the bar all the way to your neck. I also go very wide but watch out with your shoulders, abot is right these can wreck your shoulders but have never got a better pump then these. You can even use the smith to go as heavy as possible. I adjust my grip wider as each set progresses.
    Good luck!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lower chest development
    By rsnake21 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 09:53 PM
  2. Upper back width and rear delt development.
    By Pitbull86 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
  3. Best Overall Chest Development Excercise
    By pjorstad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 03:26 AM
  4. Weird chest development
    By Distilled Water in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
  5. Chest 2x a week to improve upper chest?
    By AldrichAStern in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 08:32 PM