Finally !!!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I finally got my bonus and have signed up for Bobo's deluxe muscle building program - can't wait to get my consultation and program, very excited !!!
I've stocked up on PHs like there is no tomorrow and now it is time to invest on the foundation.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and now it is time to invest on the foundation.[/QUOTE]

The most improtant part.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck silverSurfer! Looking forward to your log!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
My plan's official start date was Sunday, October 24.
Plan: build muscle - Bobo's (FLA Nutrition) Deluxe Muscle Building Program
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 170 lbs (after morning call - on empty) :whip:
BF%: Not sure atm, will get it measured at the gym - Bobo suspects ~20% being conservative based on measurements.

I usually weigh myself every Saturday morning so I'll be posting progress at least once a week.
I'm very excited about this program and I know it is going to work thanks to Bobo.

MrBean

Awards
My plan's official start date was Sunday, October 24.
Plan: build muscle - Bobo's (FLA Nutrition) Deluxe Muscle Building Program
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 170 lbs (after morning call - on empty) :whip:
BF%: Not sure atm, will get it measured at the gym - Bobo suspects ~20% being conservative based on measurements.

I usually weigh myself every Saturday morning so I'll be posting progress at least once a week.
I'm very excited about this program and I know it is going to work thanks to Bobo.
At 20% bodyfat you should be cutting not bulking. :think:
Correct me if I'm wrong.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I need to buy a caliper to measure BF% myself - the people at the gym are never available... grrr...
In any case, I want to get to 200lbs before I start cutting.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The choice is his.

So yes, you are wrong.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Good luck bro...Bobo will get you where you want to be.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Some day I will be able to bulk... cutting gets so old after awhile.

Good luck!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually from what Bobo has told me before, his "bulking" plan is structured to not only put on LBM but also reduce bf% as well...

Best of luck silver!

MrBean

Awards
The choice is his.

So yes, you are wrong.
Well, if the choice is his it must be right.
Forgive my stupidity.
But beginning a lean mass cycle at around 20% BF is not wise.
Best of luck.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And telling someone that they are making the wrong decision because it doens't fit in with your beliefs isn't wise.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually from what Bobo has told me before, his "bulking" plan is structured to not only put on LBM but also reduce bf% as well...

Best of luck silver!
Exactly. With his current stats and expierence it is very easy to reduce bf% significanlty just by increasing LBM.

Not everyone needs to "bulk" or "cut"

MrBean

Awards
And telling someone that they are making the wrong decision because it doens't fit in with your beliefs isn't wise.
Agreed.
I'm sure he will do well with you training him.
And as you say, at his BF he should be able to change his body composition favorably by decreasing BF & adding some lean mass.
All the best Silversurfer.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback everyone. You're right MrBean, most people would expect to do what you describe, but my goals are different. I want to get somewhat massive before I cut - ever. Needless to say I've tried different things but the lack of discipline and knowledge did not give me the results I wanted so I had to get help from a pro - enter Bobo! His meal and workout plans are awesome. I'm finding it difficult to eat all the food but I'm starting to feel something different, something I hadn't felt before. Call it placebo, excitement, whatever. The point is that it is a good feeling and the workout plan is no joke. I'm very quickly learning how much I suck at lifting weights because of bad form, etc. ha ! and I haven't even finished my first week!
Aside from the obvious goal to build muscle I'm getting to uncover and learn some very interesting things regarding nutrition. I have a lot of questions for Bobo but I'm saving them for the end of the week.
I know I'm not going to be 200 lbs in 8 weeks, and I know I'm not going to learn everything there is to be learned about body building and nutrition, but having Bobo's guidance for 8 weeks will certainly set me in the right path to achieve these goals.
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
...I'm very quickly learning how much I suck at lifting weights because of bad form, etc...
YES...I recall feeling the exact same way...LOL!

It's amazing the difference when you learn to lift weights the proper way!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
YES...I recall feeling the exact same way...LOL!

It's amazing the difference when you learn to lift weights the proper way!
Ohh..man is that the truth! It can damange the ego quite a bit :(

Good luck silversurfer!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 1.
* Weight 171 lbs (after morning nature call) :whip:, I'm up 1 pound but feel a little firmer around the waist - looks like I'm shedding some fat too which is GREAT !
* I missed some meals because of work - better try harder/smarter this week !
* Payed close attention to form and have a list of exercises I need to research.
* Went to Fry's yesterday and couldn't get myself to fork out $300.00 for a digital cam, so I'll use my 35mm - this means I won't be posting pics as often...
* Overall feeling great, week 2 here I come !

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
why not go on ebay and get a second hand model? its not like you need a 5mp cam anyway; get a used 2 or 3 and you'll be fine... i'd bet you could find one for under $150

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tip. Fry's had some for $97.00 but they were brand X or something, I figured if I'm buying a digital cam then I may as well get a decent one. In the mean time I'll use my trustworthy 35mm hehe.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Tigerdirect.com usually has some refurbished cameras pretty cheap at times.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, thanks for the cam tips, I'll check it out.

One more day to end of week 2, I'll post new weight tomorrow.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 2.
* Weight 172 lbs (after morning nature call) :whip:
* After consulting with Bobo I've re-arranged my workput plan to give my arms a little more recovery time.

Overall I feel great! Now I must be off to cook rice for the week then grocery shopping.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... this is not a good week, everyone I work with has some kind of cold and now I'm feeling run down... I better not get sick !

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... yup, last few days I've been waking up with a massive sinus headache, mild cough and runny nose. Today is really bad.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Throw a wicked sore throat in there and no voice and welcome to my world....

although some would say me not having a voice is a good thing...

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
HISTA-VENT to the rescue, I feel much better now !
Diet was not good the last few days... I'll be posting new weight tomorrow morning.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 3.
* Weight 172 lbs (after morning nature call) :whip: . I'm down 1 pound... last week kind of sucked, missed some meals because of this sinus/cold bug... oh well, such is life. On the plus side I think my midsection is firming up more, looks like I lost a little more fat which is AWESOME ! I'm not ripped or anything like that, but I can see and feel the difference.
* Overall feeling better now thanks to HISTA-VENT, week 4 here I come !

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... not feeling as good as I was three days ago. I may have to see the doctor and possibly take a few days off. This is the part I dislike the most about winter.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do so then. When I get sick, I say the hell with everything.

I took a week off training and just started back yesterday (and FEELING IT TODAY!)

Its better to be patient and just wait it out then try to force it.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
i usually take the following when i feel like that:
1G of vitaminC every hour(acorbic acid)(until my stomache cant take it any more than back off a bit)
**** load of garlic(raw and pills)
echinacia(spelling sucks)
more water than usual

i can usually kick it much faster if i do this unless it is bacterial - then you need meds.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Just take some time off to get better, you make think youre toughing it by hitting the gym when youre sick but all you really do is weaken your immune system and spread your germs around to other people. Let your body heal and then get back to thrashing it.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah by the way I decided to bulk at a higher percentage bodyfat as well, nothing wrong with that. Good luck.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, winter can be tough. I had to take a few unscheduled days off, too. I took about 2 or 3 days off, and came back when I started feeling a little better. Worked like a charm and I didn't end up getting sick :D

I hope everything works out well for you. Stay healthy!!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Feeling better now. It was a strange week, my meds kicked in and was feeling great, but I suddenly "crashed" and felt all achy and sick. Needless to say I have not been to the gym and have done some lifting from home but nothing like last week.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 4.
* Weight 170 lbs (after morning nature call) :whip: , I'm down 2 pounds...
* This sinus thing messed me up but I'm feeling better now. I took a couple of consecutive days off and that helped a lot. One of those days was an arm day so I did both bis and tris after my two day rest and WOW, THAT WAS A CRAZY WORKOUT !!! I was so tired that I slept like a baby that night hehe.
* So far I feel like my body is going through some sort of recomposition stage. My weight has fluctuated by 3 pounds and I'm back at the same weight where I started 4 weeks ago, however I don't look or feel as "flabby". The pics I took last week may look crappy but they are a significant improvement compared to day 0.
* Week 5 here I come - WHERE'S THE TURKEY ?!?!?!?! hehe jk

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
... today is turkey (Thanksgiving) day... my weakness during the holidays is yams - I LOVE YAMS !!!
Anyway, my sinus condition has improved. Also, I've been gradually increasing my lifts since day 0 and I decided to take them to a new level this week... well, my upper body is fully sore in a painful sort of way, but it feels good :twisted:

I wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving !!!

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Tear it up!

Just checked out your thread. I would say good luck, but we both know it has nothing to do with luck. Listen to Bobo and kick ass. :thumbsup: I'll be following along from here on out.

BTW, I too feel that "bulk or cut" is too simplistic. With sound training and nutrition;witch I'm sure Bobo has taken care of,Recomposition will happen. I did it;so can you. ;)

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the encouragement Lean One. I know I have a long road ahead of me and thanks to Bobo it is becoming more clear and enjoyable.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
It is a long road, but when you realise that it's possible to make continuous progress doing it right, it all becomes worthwhile. And the satisfaction of your achievments is better than any drug.

Beats the hell out of the merry go round of "bulk/get fat, cut/loose your gains/repeat":rolleyes:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 5.
* Weight 171 lbs (after morning nature call) :whip: , I'm up 1 pound...
* I must have retained some water or something from Thursday; I ate a little bit of this & that and I'm sure the dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy were salted. I weighed myself yesterday to get stats for my LeptiGen Mass test (which starts today) and was 172 lbs.
* I have some acne on my chest and shoulders... not sure what that's about. It's been there all week and I'm not taking any extra supplements other than the basic multi vitamin/mineral and my CEE (workout days only)... I have that feeling I get at the beginning of a cycle where the body responds to the extra anabolic/androgenic compounds... If this is my body responding naturally to my meal and exercise plan then I may just have hit the "sweet spot" and I LIKE IT :thumbsup: !!!
* Week 6 and LeptiGen Mass testing here I come.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
If this is my body responding naturally to my meal and exercise plan then I may just have hit the "sweet spot" and I LIKE IT :thumbsup: !!!
Sounds like that to me. Ride the wave brother! :thumbsup:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I've missed some meals the last couple of days. We had some issues with our production servers and I had people in my office ALL THE TIME... I hate it when that happens... /sigh

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
End of week 6.
* Weight 171 lbs (after morning nature call) :whip: , same as last week
* This past week totally sucked, bigtime... /sigh. Work related issues like there's no tomorrow, late nights, missed meals, etc. But at least my weight is holding, so that's good.
* Week 7 and more LeptiGen Mass testing here I come.