Possible torn Pectoral?

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellow AM members, so being the jack of ass that I am, I got into a machismo contest with some friends about two weeks ago on bench press.

I warmed up with 225x20 easy felt fine. Bumped up to 275 for reps but on the 5th rep I felt a sharp pull in my pec on the eccentric end of the movement. Could not press back up so I had my friend take the bar off, dropped the weight to 135 after some rest and could not bring the bar down, intense pain in the eccentric end of the motion.

Did not noticing any bruising, but the issue there is that I normally don't bruise (blood issue I suppose). I swell, broke my nose 8 weeks ago, just no discoloration. Well anyways now there is a tad bit of a lump around the edge of my pec nearing my armpit. I have full range of motion in my arm, and can do incline movements (although probably not so bright to). Slight pain on the interior of my bicep that stretches to my pec.

Any recommendations? I have no insurance so I really have to go off of guessing. Planning on dosing GHRP-6 for recovery, wanted to use Thymosin B4 but can't afford it.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
any responses? 32 views and 0 input lol

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
You should go see a dr. and if you the money to spend on supplements, juice and peptides you have no excuse for not having health insurance.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
You should go see a dr. and if you the money to spend on supplements, juice and peptides you have no excuse for not having health insurance.
Valid point but i only buy major supps like twice or three times a year. My insurance at keiser is a lot more and i cant declare that i support myself since my mother claims me....too much information that i dont want to go to but yeah I end up fukd over

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
You need to see a doctor ASAP.
If you did tear your pectoral and don't see a doctor, the long term consequences will be worse and more expensive.
Not to mention putting an end to your lifting entirely.
If money is an issue look up an urgent care facilty in your area.
Good luck

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
You need to see a doctor ASAP.
If you did tear your pectoral and don't see a doctor, the long term consequences will be worse and more expensive.
Not to mention putting an end to your lifting entirely.
If money is an issue look up an urgent care facilty in your area.
Good luck
thanks bro, ill get it checked on, hopefully its just a really bad strain

SpiderPig

SpiderPig

Banned
Awards
Hey man. Last may I tore my pectoral tendon along with two ligaments and a slight tear on the muscle. It was pretty much the worst case scenario. But there's good news, if you go to a doctor. Have you noticed any bruising in the armpit area? It's pretty easy to identify if it is actually a tear. You will more than likely not be able to move the affected arm very well, if at all. Extremely tender to the touch...I had the surgery done and it took about 6 months to recover. But hey, I'm back and better than ever. They said I'd never see full recovery, maybe 70% of where I was at the time of the injury, but I'm already back to about 100% of where I was.

My buddy, on the other hand, had a similar injury (just a tear of the tendon) two years ago. He didn't see a doctor, and didn't get the surgery. He's still struggling, 2 years later, to get back to benching 165 (he used to max out at 245) Do yourself a favor and see the doctor. It's your future well being man, it's worth the money.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Hey man. Last may I tore my pectoral tendon along with two ligaments and a slight tear on the muscle. It was pretty much the worst case scenario. But there's good news, if you go to a doctor. Have you noticed any bruising in the armpit area? It's pretty easy to identify if it is actually a tear. You will more than likely not be able to move the affected arm very well, if at all. Extremely tender to the touch...I had the surgery done and it took about 6 months to recover. But hey, I'm back and better than ever. They said I'd never see full recovery, maybe 70% of where I was at the time of the injury, but I'm already back to about 100% of where I was.

My buddy, on the other hand, had a similar injury (just a tear of the tendon) two years ago. He didn't see a doctor, and didn't get the surgery. He's still struggling, 2 years later, to get back to benching 165 (he used to max out at 245) Do yourself a favor and see the doctor. It's your future well being man, it's worth the money.
Oh wow I'm glad everything went well for you. I am definitely going to get it checked out but im starting to truly believe it's a really bad strain after having read your post. I can feel it through my bicep but there is no bruising or swelling and i have 100% motion of my arm when training (boxing).

Yeah just go see a doctor. Sounds like it could get a lot worse for you if you don't.
Yeah T gotta do what ya gotta do