Guillotine Press

Renzov2

Awards
-Just recently started to incorporate this movement into my routine, and so far I'm loving it.

-I was hesitant to try these at first because it looks harsh on the shoulder joint, but it didn't give me any discomfort at all. In addition I get a huge pump in my chest compared to the traditional bench press.

-I encourage anyone to try this movement, but start with a lighter weight and be safe! It is now my favorite compound exercise for chest.
I found a study(can't post links) on some chest exercises and their EMG,"EMG measures the electrical activity of muscles during exercise", and the results were surprising. (The Guillotine press ranked highest in peak activation).

Anyone else use this exercise?

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
The last couple of months I've been finishing my chest workout with a couple of sets of those! Feels good! :)

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I saw the hodge twins do them so I tried a few sets. I did them on the smith machine with very light weights . I can see how there effective . I'm going to incorporate them into my chest routine.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I love incline guillotine press! Doesn't snap **** up! And I feel a good constant contraction! I have erections everywhere!

Renzov2

Awards
Haven't tried them on the smith machine but will do.