Calorie expenditure for different resistance training methods

rtagz

Awards
Does anyone know of any source of information that compares the caloric expendature of standard weight training, to circuit training. I know that there are many different factors, however, for my personal log, I am trying to be a little more accurate on what I am expending so I can stay in the correct caloric range for what I am trying to accomplish.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
http://bit.ly/KfT8IW

how are you keeping track of the increased caloric burn/need after exercise?

how are you keeping track of the adipose accumulation after every meal?

are you trying to time your nutrients for maximal effect on your goals?

rtagz

Awards

this is what i am trying to accomplish. I have been logging my diet and calories based on one of several available dietary logs (such as fitday). basically, trying to more accurately determine what my daily caloric requirements should be based on diet and exercise. simply put, if my maintenance level is 2000 kcal, and i am a deficit of 500 kcal,, but i am putting in different types of training, ie, standard weight training, circuit training, cardio, etc, i just want to be able to stay consistent in my caloric deficit, without huge range fluctuations. Key point is I try to listen to my body. 25 mins of intense circuit training leaves me much more depleted than 1.5 hour of standard training (3 or 4 sets per exercise for example).

honestly wouldnt know how to do that.

no, just total require kcals

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
to be honest calorie counting is massively flawed. what you eat is far more important. what you eat can take into account the 3 questions i asked previously.

read up on the paleo diet, gluten free diets and find good calories bad calories by gary taubes. that should get you well started into knowing what im talking about.