Body-weight excersises - AnabolicMinds.com

Body-weight excersises

Body-weight excersises

I wanna switch up my workout routine after using the same routine for about 3 months. I read somewhere that body-weight excersises (dips, chin ups pushups, etc) are good. But those 3 excersises are the only ones I can think of. Does anyone have any advice on any body-weight exercises?

If it helps, my goal is to get cut and then to bulk with lean muscle all by wrestling season on thanksgiving. Could someone tell me if that is a realistic goal or not plz

Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Single leg stiff leg dead lifts are nice, you work on balance and then can gradually add weight plates to hold as you progress. Flying pushups are good for explosive strength.

Are flying pushups when u pushup then clap?
    •   

Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by yazan View Post
    Are flying pushups when u pushup then clap?
    Yes , you can do Pikes , Sit ups , Decline Sit ups , Hanging Leg raises, Upside down crunches , Chin ups , Pull ups , Dips , wider dips, Decline Push ups , Incline Push ups , Hanging Straight-leg leg raises, Jumping jacks , explosive jumps , walkouts with push ups , burpees , Walking Lunges , Lying Leg Raises bench/floor , Pike+Windshield cleaner, Bicycle Crunches , Oblique Crunches , Hypertensions , Decline Bench Leg raises , Reverse crunches , Bicycle Pull ups...if you need more do tell...

Thx a lot man. That should be enough. But could u explain a few of them? What are pikes and hypertensions? Also what s the difference between a pull up and a chin up
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hyperextension: Done on a Hyperextension bench (Auto correct got the best of me) It is kinda like a "reverse sit up" you position yourself on the bench and lower your core towards the floor and then pull up while keeping your back arched and core tense , thus hitting the lower back.

Pike: Ever done Hanging Leg Raises? Raise them all the way up until your feet point up to the ceiling and you are in a sort of "U" posture , hold the contracted position while squeezing the abs for 2-3 secs and go down , repeat until satisfied.

Chin Ups: Target more the biceps if close gripped and done with an Under Hand grip , Kind of like doing a Reverse grip Pulldown , but pulling yourself up

Pull Ups: Over Hand Grip , I prefer them at a wider grip since i feel the burn more on my lats too!.

Bonus exercise: Do PLANKS! Awesome for abs!

So the difference between a pull up and chinup is which way your palms are facing?
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

So the difference between a pull up and chinup is which way your palms are facing?
    Kind of , It also has to do with the width of the grip and also the focus on the muscles , youtube Chin Ups Proper form and Pull Ups Proper Form , use straps if the grip gives out before the lats/biceps

Cool. And with a goal to get cut, is it better to stick with bodyweight excersises? Or is it better to mix it up and do both free weight and body weight?
    Stats
    6'0"  269 lbs.

Cool. And with a goal to get cut, is it better to stick with bodyweight excersises? Or is it better to mix it up and do both free weight and body weight?
    I prefer bodyweight exercises intermingled with heavy compound lifts and 1-2 isolations lifts per workout session while cutting. Whatever you do be sure to mix it up.
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

I use Compounds as main lifts , and BW as assistance when I'm on a bulk , Keeping the compounds (BP, DL , SQUAT, OH PRESS) Heavy and Low volume , while the assistance I Have them high value in the beggining and keep going up in added weight up to mid volume...but thats just me lol Nothing applies for everyone

Ok 1 last question... For today . What are Isolation exercises? Ones that work only one muscle group?

And how many reps is low volume? Like 3-5?
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Ok 1 last question... For today . What are Isolation exercises? Ones that work only one muscle group?

And how many reps is low volume? Like 3-5?
    ...Please Look into Wendler 5/3/1 program , or Starting Strength by Rippetoe...or maybe some basic 5x5 ok?...

Alright. Thx for the help though
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

bodyweightculture.com
    calisthenicskingz.net
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Body weight/Body fat question
    By Hondaman1010 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 11:15 PM