Planks Lower Back?

AmazingAJ

Awards
Am i supposed to feel it like 65 percent lower back and 35 abs?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
planks work more then the abs and you will feel it where you feel it. and as you get stronger where you feel it will change as well.

i would try squeezing your abs and glutes tighter so you can roll your hips more under you. the feeling you likely have in your back is your abs are weak so you you cause a hyperlordosis and are feeling compression in the lumbar area.

AmazingAJ

Awards
thanks.my abs did feel more burned after tho.u mean like suck abs in?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks.my abs did feel more burned after tho.u mean like suck abs in?
"Brace" your abs, no need to suck in. By brace your abs I mean tighten them like you would if you were going to absorb a punch. I brace my abs before or during most all lifts as well.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
"Brace" your abs, no need to suck in. By brace your abs I mean tighten them like you would if you were going to absorb a punch. I brace my abs before or during most all lifts as well.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

you do NOT want to suck in your abz. and i said squeeze. and what i meant was not just to prepare for a punch and brace them but actually use them to pull the top of your up towards your sternum.

you also have very tight hip flexors so stretching them can help.

The Storm16

Awards
What he said. Your abs flex to your shoulders towards your pelvis, if you don't squeeze enough you'll transfer the strain to your lower back.

You can't just set up in a plank and assume it will work- you have to think about your abs and really activate them

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
def agree squeeze core and glutes... dont sag ur butt or have ur butt too high