What is the best protien

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
I'm am taking myofusion
What are some better proteins any suggestions I mean I don't feel like I getting bigger off this cause I'm on my third one of these and not seeing to many results

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm am taking myofusion
What are some better proteins any suggestions I mean I don't feel like I getting bigger off this cause I'm on my third one of these and not seeing to many results
You can't expect to "get bigger" just because you are using protein powder. It's used mainly to help you reach your desired daily protein intake. Myofusion is actually a good protein IMO however, its your overall diet along with training that will make your muscles grow. If you want to get bigger you should find your maintenance calories (calories required daily to maintain current weight) and then exceed them. You might want to start tracking your calories to help figure out how much you need to eat in order to gain weight (and muscle). There are tools available to make tracking easier available online and as phone apps. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
Yeah I understand what are some apps on the I phone that will help if you know any ..?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I understand what are some apps on the I phone that will help if you know any ..?
Sparkpeople, MyFitnessPal, and Calorie Counter(by Fat Secret) are 3 that I know of.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm am taking myofusion
There's no best... Maybe favorites...
Just boils down to what u like the taste of...

All the people above gave good answers

The Storm16

Awards
Whey after you workout. Casein before bed. A mix of the two is best for snacks

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Yes, lack of progress has to be due to the protein type or brand. That has to be the first thing one fixes to see gains again. Protein shake is not going to tip the scale one way or another. Your diet, rest, and workout are the only factors you should worry about.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
here we go with the bro science....
Exactly...
He may fail to realize that guys who are fed properly doesn't need any whey or caesin & still grow just fine...

Protein is protein just get it and get enough of it.

The Storm16

Awards
here we go with the bro science....
He asked a question. I responded. I'm not gonna berate him about asking questions like some people. Do brands make a difference? No. Does making fun of him help anybody? No

Bro science?.... you think all protein is protein? That must mean all carbs are carbs. I'm gonna throw away my Ezekiel bread and go buy twinkies. The proteins are different. Similar in ways but still different.

If you start calling people out for bro science you better 1) make sure you're right and 2) have some evidence to back it up....you didn't do either

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17240782?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21228266?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22289570?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15570142?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961?dopt=Citation

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
eeeewwwhhhhhh....

:lol:

:run:

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
He asked a question. I responded. I'm not gonna berate him about asking questions like some people. Do brands make a difference? No. Does making fun of him help anybody? No

Bro science?.... you think all protein is protein? That must mean all carbs are carbs. I'm gonna throw away my Ezekiel bread and go buy twinkies. The proteins are different. Similar in ways but still different.

If you start calling people out for bro science you better 1) make sure you're right and 2) have some evidence to back it up....you didn't do either

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17240782?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21228266?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22289570?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15570142?dopt=Citation

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961?dopt=Citation
okay.....

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established

^^^ Agree

However, it is important to point out that protein doesn't "cause" you to grow. You mentioned that you used X amount of protein from Myo and are not seeing many results.
Protein SUPPLEMENTS your diet, helping you to ensure you get the right amount of protein intake, in case you can't get enough from your staples (milk, steak, chicken, eggs, etc). Now different types of protein are better suited for different times (Whey after workouts, Casein in-between meals or at night). But, protein isn't going to make you grow, regardless of how many tubs of it you buy or what brand you utilize.

instead look at the following:
Macro nutrient intake (protein, carbs, fat). What are your ratios and total caloric intake.
Training, how often do you train, how long, and are you over training?
Rest, are you getting enough?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
^^^ Agree

However, it is important to point out that protein doesn't "cause" you to grow. You mentioned that you used X amount of protein from Myo and are not seeing many results.
Protein SUPPLEMENTS your diet, helping you to ensure you get the right amount of protein intake, in case you can't get enough from your staples (milk, steak, chicken, eggs, etc). Now different types of protein are better suited for different times (Whey after workouts, Casein in-between meals or at night). But, protein isn't going to make you grow, regardless of how many tubs of it you buy or what brand you utilize.

instead look at the following:
Macro nutrient intake (protein, carbs, fat). What are your ratios and total caloric intake.
Training, how often do you train, how long, and are you over training?
Rest, are you getting enough?
the original quote was in reference to "whey" after a workout and "casein" before bed.......which a) has nothing to do with the op question, and b) chugging whey after your workout and downing casein before bed does not directly build muscle, which i know that you know that....the fact that people still promote that idea of protein timing is rediculous

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
the original quote was in reference to "whey" after a workout and "casein" before bed.......which a) has nothing to do with the op question, and b) chugging whey after your workout and downing casein before bed does not directly build muscle, which i know that you know that....the fact that people still promote that idea of protein timing is rediculous
I tend to agree...
I think as long as you get your protein you're good. People have to remember there are a lot of athletes who don't use supplementation at all.... Just getting protein from meats....

/end thread.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
I tend to agree...
I think as long as you get your protein you're good. People have to remember there are a lot of athletes who don't use supplementation at all.... Just getting protein from meats....

/end thread.

Agreed if someone can get their needed protein intake directly from food sources then all the better.

Personally I wish I could eat a bloody steak a day in addition to everything else I eat... But the bank account won't let me

The Storm16

Awards
I'm am taking myofusion
Littleman: if you want to gain weight, add 3 to 5 peanut butter and jellies to your diet every day. Protein shakes and supplements are tools. They are tools to help you reach your goals but they only help when you have a focused and regimented lifestyle.

Think about your training....say you lift five times a week for a total of 8 hours over that week.... That's only 8 hours of training out of 168 hours in a week. Less than 5% of each weeks is spent training.
If you look at it this way, making gains is 5% intensity and 95% diligence--95% is eating your meals every day, and getting your sleep every night while only 5% is training effectively when you're in the gym. Does the kind of protein you take matter if your lifestyle isn't conducive to training? No.
I don't want to ration the truth or censor the facts concerning proteins and supps, but these guys are right. Don't let supplements become a distraction. Until your training and eating are zoned in, what kind of protein you take is a non-issue.

Be sure you eat breakfast, have snacks, get plenty of nutrients post workout etc.

If your concerned about gains, consider revising your routine or improving your eating and sleeping habits--these are far more important than protein selection.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
this thread is starting to increase my estrogen levels....

aLinux

aLinux

Awards
My personal favorite is cronometerDOTcom You can pick up there I-Phone add-on program in the app-store I believe. I'm new to using calorie counters but swear by them now. A small tutorial I made after I got started is here alinuxDOTtvSLASHcrono in case you don't under stand it, but you'll be able to easily lose or gain weight tracking your individual calories and that's not even the best part. You also learn what foods are more nutrient dense to reach your goals, allowing us to go even deeper into our daily macro requirements with ease. Good luck.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My personal favorite is cronometerDOTcom You can pick up there I-Phone add-on program in the app-store I believe. I'm new to using calorie counters but swear by them now. A small tutorial I made after I got started is here in case you don't under stand it, but you'll be able to easily lose or gain weight tracking calories and that's not even the best part. You also learn what foods are more nutrient dense which allows you going deeper into your daily macro requirements. Good luck. alinuxDOTtvSLASHcrono
Is the add on the actual app?
Like fitness pal with a website and iPhone app?