Trying to gain miscle mass

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Yeah I'm not fat and I'm trying to gain muscle and everything so I trying to gain weight to

2. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6
    Can someone please help me out with a work out routine I'm trying to gain muscle mass and get bigger but I'm not seeing any result
    I weight about 152
    About 6 foot
    And skinny
    I want to weight about 170 my boss says I have the body type to do it but I cant find a workout to help me get my size up I can bench 205 I got it up the other I feel like I'm getting stronger but not bigger in size someone please help me
    Look up SL5*5 on stronglifts.com. Run it for atleast 10weeks. Start light and follow it strictly. Work on proper form because later as you get more advanced and lift heavier it will help. After that you can either run it again or move on to something more advanced. Weilders 5/3/1 is a great one to move onto. After all that you and you've gained some strength and size you can cycle between strength and volume(GVT). The GVT is for later but will help pack on some mass.

The main thing you need to remember is you have to eat. Try to eat clean...mostly lean meats and vegs,eggs,fruits,and natty peanut butter. Each week increase your diet by 500 cals till you find the sweet spot. Increase cals too fast you might pack on a little fat at first.

Read,learn and listen. It won't happen overnight so be patient and put in hard work.
    •   

3. Thank you I appreciate it and I will talk to my boss and see what he says cause he helps me out too

4. i see some good recommendations on simple laid out programs. but the length of time to run them is short by about 6-12 months. someone this new does not need to be switching around workouts every weeks or months. they will never lift hard enough with doing that.

IMO even advanced lifters need to follow programs for 6-12 months to see optimal results. this whole program ADD is part of why people dont see results.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

5. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig
    i see some good recommendations on simple laid out programs. but the length of time to run them is short by about 6-12 months. someone this new does not need to be switching around workouts every weeks or months. they will never lift hard enough with doing that.

IMO even advanced lifters need to follow programs for 6-12 months to see optimal results. this whole program ADD is part of why people dont see results.
    What do you think I should do as a work out
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig
    i see some good recommendations on simple laid out programs. but the length of time to run them is short by about 6-12 months. someone this new does not need to be switching around workouts every weeks or months. they will never lift hard enough with doing that.

He can simply rinse and repeat with the program. They are not necessarily to be done once and walked away from. For example usually a 5x5 program will be based off a persons 1RM or the likes with weekly progression. At the end of of the program you can revaluation your maxes then repeat with percentages based off of your new standard. Most of these programs have that "change" in program to "keep your body guessing" inherently built in. eg would be stepping up percentage weekly, Deload weeks etc. Also, after 2 or so months changing from. 3 day a wk program like starting strength or SL to say a 4 day a wk program that is still following the same style programming like to another 5x5 is fine and not the same as jumping from one style to a completely dif style.

Otherwise, yeah I see your point and agree in general.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

7. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6 View Post
    What do you think I should do as a work out
    5/3/1 with the big but boring accessory work and lots and lots of food. follow the program exactly as written for 6 months and come back and tell us how you did.

8. Whats 5/3/1...?

9. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6
    Whats 5/3/1...?
    Google.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

10. And you think that's better then 5x5

11. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6 View Post
    And you think that's better then 5x5
    5x5 is great. 5/3/1 with the big but boring accessory work is awesome! with enough food it will pack on size as well as plenty of strength. below is a link that gives a decent explanation of the program. the e-book is worth far more than the price tag.

http://www.**********************/wor...ng-system.html

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...t.asp?pid=2976
    thats the book

12. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6 View Post
    really they are both great. both will get you to your results better then most programs.

13. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6
    A lot off same concepts. The two always are discussed in the same conversations if that makes sense.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

14. Yeah I understand which do you think I should work on first ...?

15. Quote Originally Posted by littleman6
    Yeah I understand which do you think I should work on first ...?
    Personally I think you should pick up Starting Strength and run with that for a good while. It's great in truly teaching the basics of the barbell with strength and mass building compound exercises. When you have progressed well with it you should be able to look at other programs like 5x5, 5/3/1 etc and know which one you want to move up to. Also, be sure to eat for mass as well.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

16. I may have starting strength in PDF that I can send you. If you want, pm me your email and I'll send it to you. I just won't be able to send it till like monday when I get back home.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. female to gain mass
    By Bel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM
  2. cut or gain mass
    By cuse kid in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12